Jake The Snake Roberts moves in with DDP to train for one last run

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I guess all good things must come to an end.

Diamond Dallas Page has confirmed that Jake "The Snake" Roberts has indeed fallen off the wagon again.

Why Jake? Just as everything was going perfectly, he dropped a shit load of weight and looked really good.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I guess all good things must come to an end.

Why Jake? Just as everything was going perfectly, he dropped a shit load of weight and looked really good.

Demons man, not everything is as simple as just quitting otherwise he'd have done it years ago. To expect a automatic miracle cure after all this time is insane.

The good news is he's got a good group of people around him this time to control the damage.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Demons man, not everything is as simple as just quitting otherwise he'd have done it years ago. To expect a automatic miracle cure after all this time is insane.

The good news is he's got a good group of people around him this time to control the damage.

And let's hope that this does not hinder Scott Hall either.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Scott's on the road with his kid right now so he's not around Jake

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I'm sorry but if alcohol is more important than his life, then I don't know what

Reaction score
I'm sorry but if alcohol is more important than his life, then I don't know what

It's not that simple though. Jake may want nothing more than to stay clean, but he's battling something that has controlled his life for probably his entire adult years.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I have been through the addiction battle Sabs and it's a monster now times that by it being with u your entire life and I can't even imagine but you continue to look down on people.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
But he was clean for months. Didn't it feel good? Was it more important to drink again? Think about your family if nothing else.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
But he was clean for months. Didn't it feel good? Was it more important to drink again? Think about your family if nothing else.

Hi I'm Sabs and I still don't get it. It's not a want its a need. It's a disease man.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I understand that but you have to force yourself to break it.
Ok, let me try it this way and we'll see if you get it. Cancer is a disease, not the same disease that Jake has but a disease all the same, right? Is it simply a matter of forcing yourself to "break it" as you say and then you'll be cancer free? I wish it was, but unfortunately that's not how things work.

Do you get it now?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Ok, let me try it this way and we'll see if you get it. Cancer is a disease, not the same disease that Jake has but a disease all the same, right? Is it simply a matter of forcing yourself to "break it" as you say and then you'll be cancer free? I wish it was, but unfortunately that's not how things work.

Do you get it now?

Cancer isn't something you can control, addiction is. He's been with DDP for months and looks great, if he wanted to drink he should have said "I'm doing really well, I don't want to go back to my old ways, I'm gonna say no"

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I hate to say this because I don't wish addiction on anyone, but I hope one day you realize first-hand why your statements are totally asinine. Perhaps you'll be lucky and never go through it, but if you do, you'll look back on your words here and realize how silly you sound.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I hate to say this because I don't wish addiction on anyone, but I hope one day you realize first-hand why your statements are totally asinine. Perhaps you'll be lucky and never go through it, but if you do, you'll look back on your words here and realize how silly you sound.

My cousin was an alcohol addict. It was interfering with his work and screwed up his marriage. One day he made the decision to stop drinking. 8 years later and he hasn't picked up one drink since.