Impact Wrestling Live Discussion - May 10th, 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Anyways Roode is about to break the TNA title record for longest reign, that's what makes me happy right now & Sacrifice looks really good.

This makes me so damn happy. Roode is the best champion this company has ever seen, so I really hope they don't just give RVD the strap and fuck things up at Sacrifice!

The Viper

Reaction score
It does'nt matter what it set-up, it was still an 18 second world title match on WRESTLEMANIA with the ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER.

In the long run you could make a case for why it was good but it was still a bad match for the show itself.

True, I did love the WWE title match but it was really the only match I did enjoy.

THANK YOU! Someone else who enjoyed the finish. It was classic. And the promos from Storm tonight make it even better.

Yeah, I mean, I liked a couple of more matches but 'Mania was definitely not WWE's best 'Mania for sure. I'd say 24 was better (that's actually probably the last really good Wrestlemania, IMO).

Indeed. Good show tonight. Not the best, DEFINITELY not the worst :lol: Not even close but I enjoyed the majority of it. Velvet/Brooke was fucking hot as hell.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This makes me so damn happy. Roode is the best champion this company has ever seen, so I really hope they don't just give RVD the strap and fuck things up at Sacrifice!
Co-signed.

Bobby Roode is such a boss. I legit can't imagine him not being champion right now. I seriously hope he retains 'til at least BFG.

But I'll be okay if he drops it at Slammiversary X if the booking is right.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah, I mean, I liked a couple of more matches but 'Mania was definitely not WWE's best 'Mania for sure. I'd say 24 was better (that's actually probably the last really good Wrestlemania, IMO).
I'd have to make a list, but I'd be shocked if it was even in my top 10...or even 15 for that matter.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Indeed. Good show tonight. Not the best, DEFINITELY not the worst :lol: Not even close but I enjoyed the majority of it. Velvet/Brooke was fucking hot as hell.
We actually agree. XXIV was the last 'Mania I truly enjoyed. Although TBF I didn't care for 21 or 23 before that though.

Also agreed. Not too shabby a show considering the main goal was hyping up the PPV. Aries and Ion killed the X Division match for sure.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'd have to make a list, but I'd be shocked if it was even in my top 10...or even 15 for that matter.
I'd be surprised if it wasn't dead last on mine.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yo, King Mo was just on MMA Uncensored and when they asked him for his favourite wrestlers he said Ric Flair, Booker T and The Great Muta. I was pretty shocked at the Muta drop, but I like King Mo now, so that's something.

Oh and yes, Dixie marked for herself hard during her portion of the interview.

The Viper

Reaction score

I'd love to make a list of the best (or at least my favorite) Wrestlemania's. I wanna see what everyone else thinks.

We actually agree. XXIV was the last 'Mania I truly enjoyed. Although TBF I didn't care for 21 or 23 before that though.

Also agreed. Not too shabby a show considering the main goal was hyping up the PPV. Aries and Ion killed the X Division match for sure.

I personally loved 21 because I was there so it's probably gonna be up there on my list of favorites. Yeah, I didn't like 23 all that much. Not that it's horrible, but I just didn't enjoy it for some reason. Batista/Undertaker was MOTN right before HBK/Cena.

I agree. That 5 or so minute match with Aries and Ion was great shit. I'm excited for Sacrifice this Sunday, definitely.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Austin/Rock I alone salvages that show. Although I do need to see XV again.
Even then, I think its the worst of their three 'Mania matches. That's not saying its not awesome, but X-7 and 19's were definitely better.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Even then, I think its the worst of their three 'Mania matches. That's not saying its not awesome, but X-7 and 19's were definitely better.
I don't think I can argue that. Especially their match at X-Seven. It's probably my favorite 'Mania match of all-time.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't think I can argue that. Especially their match at X-Seven. It's probably my favorite 'Mania match of all-time.

Yeah, that was the best, then 19's and then 15's.

That being said, even if you consider 28 to be a one-match show (that match being Punk/Jericho), I'd say it has the edge. Plus 15 didn't have a good 'Taker match like 28 did. Boss Man being hung was not as iconic an image as HBK/HHH/'Taker walking out together.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
WrestleMania 2 was the worst. Almost every match was complete shit. Only the British bulldogs vs the dream team was ok. Everything else was awful. Punk/Jericho and Taker/HHH and Cena/Rock were all awesome matches. It wasn't there worst mania by a long shot

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah, that was the best, then 19's and then 15's.

That being said, even if you consider 28 to be a one-match show (that match being Punk/Jericho), I'd say it has the edge. Plus 15 didn't have a good 'Taker match like 28 did. Boss Man being hung was not as iconic an image as HBK/HHH/'Taker walking out together.
At some point I need watch XIV again to know exactly how much I did or didn't like it but I do know I thought the match at XXVIII was overbooked as his matches have been lately. TBH even worse than the HBK ones. Just my opinion though.