Impact officials have meeting at WWE HQ

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Impact Wrestling officials Ed Nordholm and Scott D'Amore met with several high ranking WWE executives last week at WWE HQ in Stamford, CT, PWInsider.com has confirmed with several WWE sources. Vince McMahon was not involved in the meeting we are told, but members of Triple H's team were.

The meeting took place in the middle of last week, after the Impact officials' returned from Manchester, Great Britain and right before they headed to Mexico City for a pair of Impact Wrestling tapings last week.

One WWE source described the meeting as a general discussion about the two companies and as a chance to get everyone in the same room as opposed to a a specific negotiation. Since Impact was purchased by Anthem Media, WWE has worked with the company on several occasions, paying to license material from the TNA/Impact Wrestling video library for usage on the WWE Network, most notably the Hardy Boyz "Broken Universe" material and AJ Styles-related content.

When contacted today by PWInsider.com, Impact officials declined to comment on the nature of the meetings but one Impact source specifically stressed that the meetings were not regarding the sale of either the company or the video library

interesting.....I doubt it has something to with a working agreement. Probably video rights and perhaps lending AJ Styles to accept a TNA HOF award.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah I don't see it as a working talent agreement either, wouldn't really make sense for the WWE. There is several "TNA" guys on the books at the WWE now like AJ, Joe, Roode etc who are HOF candidates who i'm sure TNA would like to acquire the services of like Deezy mentioned. I'm sure the WWE would like to have video footage of said guys from their time too for upcoming projects no doubt.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Maybe it's WWE starting to lut indies on the Network, and working out the possibility of putting TNA on there. I know there has been talk of ICW, Evolve, Progress, and a couple of others being banded about, so why not include TNA, who can't seem to stay on a channel in the US and Fight Network isn't doing that good either which Anthem own.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
When I heard about this yesterday I was like what the fuck and I had the thought of WWE wanting to show images and video for their talented that worked with Impact Wrestling. Last week I saw images of Madison Rayne from Impact during the MYC classic and I bet money talks when you wanna do that. Do you guys forget WWE did this same thing with ROH getting footage for Joe, Punk and Bryan in documentaries etc.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Impact Vice President Scott D’Amore talked about the meeting between WWE and Impact Wrestling officials last month at WWE headquarters in Connecticut that had members of Triple H’s team there as well as D’Amore and Ed Nordholm from Impact where both sides had a general discussion.

“I don’t think it was that good a secret - it’s been reported all over the internet.

Since the beginning of the year, we’ve done three content deals with WWE. We did the Hardys documentary deal to supply footage to them for the Hardys documentary. We did a deal to provide footage of AJ Styles and Kurt Angle for Table for 3. And we provided some footage for Bruce Prichard’s podcast on the Network. So we’ve done a few deals together and I think WWE is seeing this is a different day with Impact Wrestling and maybe just on the most minute of levels maybe they’re seeing it’s a different day and age in wrestling. There wasn’t like - it’s one of those things where there was a meeting, we got together, we talked and it’s kind of like, ‘Hey, it’s kind of nice to be face-to-face and say hello and just be say that it’s 2018, it’s a whole different world and there’s no reason why people shouldn’t communicate.’

So there’s really no agenda to it, but it was nice and we move on. But it’s how the business is now which I think it tremendous. The fact that we can do a deal with WWE that helps them tell a great story on the Network, whether its owe of the shows or its the Hardy documentary. It’s certainly good for us to not just make a little bit of scratch for providing the footage, but also more so than that is the promotion they give us for the GWN and that having it on their Network and on their platform and saying, ‘Hey, if you want to see more of this, download and watch the GWN. That’s great for us, and that’s something that wouldn’t happen even two years ago. So whether it’s WWE, whether it’s Ring of Honor, no matter who it is, I just think that it’s great in this day and age - finally we’ve stopped with that old school wrestling bs of, ‘You’re with him, you can’t do nothing with us.’ So to get past that - that’s how business works... everybody benefits if there’s communication and a little respect. I think it’s great everybody in the wrestling business is seeing that and we’re very proud of the part we’ve played in help trying to push that agenda.”