IDRIS ELBA JOINS STAR TREK 3 AS THE ENTERPRISE'S NEXT ENEMY

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
With filming scheduled to start in June, we learned this week who might be one of the biggest starts to join the franchise with (the probably-to-be-retitled) Star Trek 3. Idris Elba is now in early talks to play the film's villain. We don't know anything about that character, but there are rumors that this film might heavily feature Klingons. Another possible hint came this week from screenwriter (and costar as Scotty) Simon Pegg, who said that this one will "take it forward with the spirit of the TV show... [and be about] frontierism and adventure and optimism and fun, and that's where we want to take it, you know. Where no man has gone before -- where no one has gone before, sensibly corrected for a more enlightened generation. But yeah, that's the mood at the moment." Some of that might also be a correction following Star Trek Into Darkness, which some fans felt went too far in trying to replicate the "spirit" of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. That wasn't the only time this week, however, that Idris Elba made the news, as the British star is also now replacing Jamie Foxx in the Harmony Korine crime drama The Trap, along with Benicio Del Toro, James Franco, Al Pacino, and Robert Pattinson.

I like this signing and if Klingons are the main enemy in this one I am all for it.

Drew

Reaction score
I just like that they are following in the original vein of the show and exploration. The last two movies were close to home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Elba woud be a perfect Klingon.