Hulk Hogan gone from WWE, erased from WWE.com

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
– Hulk Hogan appears to be gone from WWE. Late Thursday night, the company removed all references to Hogan from WWE.com. This includes, in a rare stroke, his profile in the WWE Hall of Fame section of the page. He is also no longer listed among the judges for Tough Enough, nor is his merchandise available in WWEShop.com.

According to the Wrestling Observer, a source has indicated that Curtis Axel’s “Axelmaniaâ€￾ gimmick has also been dropped immediately, and that WWE.com’s staff was told to remove every reference to Hogan as quickly as possible. As recently as the end of Smackdown, there were still references to Hogan on the main page.

In possibly-related news, Hogan posted the following, rather vague affirmation to his Twitter account late last night:

In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH

— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) July 24, 2015

There is a lot of unconfirmed speculation going around as to the reason. As soon as we know more, we’ll bring you up to speed

More than just a release, as Hogan appears to have been completely Benoit'd with WWE pretending he never existed. Someone's done something very very bad.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
What the fuck did he do :lol:

Must have been incredibly bad to get a companies biggest star ever erased from history.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So apparently a tape recorded of hogan using racial slurs will be released soon and wwe wants to distance themselves before it happens.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
It seems a little hypocritical that WWE would punish Hogan as severely as this for racism considering many claims have been made that Vince McMahon is a racist and treats black wrestlers badly. I understand it from a business point of view of course but it just seems ironic. I am not a big Hogan fan and if he did do what he is alleged too than it is very wrong but it seems crazy that they'd get rid of the history of the biggest star in wrestling history.

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score
WWE are being fucking stupid. This isn't the way to handle a situation. A simple statement apologizing would suffice. WWE shouldn't be so terrified about losing fans AND Hogan has done so much for wwe that they should let him slide. It's disrespectful to Hogan's fans (of which I am) to not allow them to see him on wwe television anymore but of some stupid comments.

Oh and the fact that they're going one step farther to exclude him from basically everything wwe related is just LOLZ.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The Benoiting does seem a bit extreme, but yeah the whole thing can't go overlooked.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
WWE are being fucking stupid. This isn't the way to handle a situation. A simple statement apologizing would suffice. WWE shouldn't be so terrified about losing fans AND Hogan has done so much for wwe that they should let him slide. It's disrespectful to Hogan's fans (of which I am) to not allow them to see him on wwe television anymore but of some stupid comments.

Oh and the fact that they're going one step farther to exclude him from basically everything wwe related is just LOLZ.
You're basically saying Hogan should be let off being a racist just because of his importance, that's not right. He should be punished for what he has done.

I agree that potentially taking away any history he had with the WWE is wrong as he has a legacy which should stand.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The bottom line here is that this all stems from that sex tape, since that's where the comments come from. It's hard to have sympathy for the guy when all he had to do was NOT make a fucking sex tape in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, this serves him right for being an utter moron.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that I'm still a Hogan fan and always will be. However, he made some very bad decisions here and, unfortunately, he's going to pay the piper for them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
You're basically saying Hogan should be let off being a racist just because of his importance, that's not right. He should be punished for what he has done.

I agree that potentially taking away any history he had with the WWE is wrong as he has a legacy which should stand.

Yeah because making racist comments means you're a racist. Got it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah because making racist comments means you're a racist. Got it.

Doesn't mean you aren't either. Got it?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm not sure if you're joking or not right now.

Try and remember that this is the same person who was so "afraid" of black people in White Castle that his dad had to buy him a video game to make him feel better after they'd left. :lol:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Try and remember that this is the same person who was so "afraid" of black people in White Castle that his dad had to buy him a video game to make him feel better after they'd left. :lol:

They were scary looking and I was little. :lol: but I stand by my statement.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Here's a transcript of what Hulk Hogan supposedly said.

BTgqBzf.png

In it he literally says "I am a racist", but he's not a racist right Sabs?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Code:
Here's a transcript of what Hulk Hogan supposedly said.

BTgqBzf.png

In it he literally says "I am a racist", but he's not a racist right Sabs?

He already issued an apology saying that's not who he is. And once again, that doesn't mean he's racist. He may have just been ranting that day.