Hi, my name's Dave, and I'm a wrestling fan...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Going to Wrestlemania this year is a big deal for me, obviously being a fan since I was a kid, this is something you always dream of doing. One of the consequences of making such a trip however is the moment when people want to know why you're going all the way to Miami, and only for the weekend.

While I've never been one to hide my fandom of professional wrestling, I've never really boasted about it either. But a lot recently I've had to, for lack of a better term "come out of the wrestling closet" to people.

The point of this thread is this. How open are YOU about your fandom? And what's the general reaction you get from people? Why is pro wrestling still something of a risque choice of entertainment to like?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well all the doucbebags in my school think just because wrestling is fake you shouldn't watch it

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Well all the doucbebags in my school think just because wrestling is fake you shouldn't watch it

I suppose none of them have ever seen Die Hard then. 'Cause you know, Bruce Willis doesn't really kill Alan Rickman.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I suppose none of them have ever seen Die Hard then. 'Cause you know, Bruce Willis doesn't really kill Alan Rickman.

Nobody can kill Rickman, because he is GOD...

I've always been outspoken about my love for wrestling though, people tend to discredit the amount of athleticism those guys need. Also, people don't stop and think that they have no off season and they can get serious injuries.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
I always have said I like wrestling... and recently I've been changing some of my friends point of view towards wrestling. Because most of them thought it was stupid because of it being unrealistic and "childish".

They have changed their minds when I tell them why I like it, that is because for me Wrestling is the greatest and longest running Traveling Theater there is. Sure the finishes are script, sure most of the wrestlers perform a character... but that what makes me love it. I'm a fan of Drama, as a literary style... I'm studying literature.

So for me watching wrestling is something I enjoy just because I enjoy the interpretations, I enjoy the backstage atmosphere that it has... and because of that "childish" spirit I get watching it. Just a thing of perspective...

Postman Dave

Reaction score

nothing makes my blood boil more than the "wrestling is fake" statement. I find it difficult to keep my mouth shut when it's uttered.

That and "WWF". IT'S BEEN TEN FUCKING YEARS!

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
nothing makes my blood boil more than the "wrestling is fake" statement. I find it difficult to keep my mouth shut when it's uttered.

That and "WWF". IT'S BEEN TEN FUCKING YEARS!

Me too. It really gets under my crawl. 90% of what any given person watches is going to be scripted. It's such a BS excuse.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'd actually rather they say "because watching half naked men grapple is gay". At least I'd be able to laugh before arguing with them.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I'm guilty of getting pissed when people say WWF as well...I try to bite my tongue, but I can't help but to correct them.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Honestly I don't care that much about WWF or E. I might correct them if they are referring to the company in the present but if referring to it as whole, it's not entirely wrong so I let it slide.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm pretty sure everyone who's ever met me knows how much I love wrestling. I don't hide it at all and actually sometimes randomly bring up wrestling related stuff to people. I figure you're better off embracing your passions than hiding them, because really, that doesn't do you any good.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm pretty sure everyone who's ever met me knows how much I love wrestling. I don't hide it at all and actually sometimes randomly bring up wrestling related stuff to people. I figure you're better off embracing your passions than hiding them, because really, that doesn't do you any good.
Agreed. Anyone that has ever know me, knows my passion for wrestling. I can't hide who I am.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Everyone who says wrestling is fake are assholes. Sure the story lines are scripted but so what. Some of the wrestling is real. Not all but some. These fucking people think that men in underwear fighting is stupid well I say why don't you get as strong as those men and get in the ring for 5 minutes then you can make fun of wrestling. They work their asses off. They never get to see their fucking families. They fall off ladders through tables. I don't care if the tables are pre-cracked. If a non-wrestler tried that they would die. Look at Mick foley falling off hell in a cell. I don't care if the floor is padded or what. It's still 20 feet in the air. So until all these haters can prove that these wrestlers don't risk their bodies every night, then they have no right to call it fake.

And also I say to them, you like movies right. Well guess what they're fake to and you like them right?

Castiel

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a wrestling... wait, that's already been used? Fuck.

Everyone knows that I love wrestling around here for the most part but I'm honestly not like yelling it out or anything, it's mainly because I don't like getting into the whole "you know it's fake" stuff like everyone else here, explaining what's real about it just gets annoying and I don't care about others opinions on the matter if they aren't fans in the first place. I used to not even play wresting games when friends would come over or anything but I stopped that and just today a friend came over while I was playing WWE 12 and he was actually impressed with some of the stuff wondering if people actually did head scissors and stuff, I told him he should check out the X Division. Lol

All I know is that I love wrestling.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a wrestling... wait, that's already been used? Fuck.

Everyone knows that I love wrestling around here for the most part but I'm honestly not like yelling it out or anything, it's mainly because I don't like getting into the whole "you know it's fake" stuff like everyone else here, explaining what's real about it just gets annoying and I don't care about others opinions on the matter if they aren't fans in the first place. I used to not even play wresting games when friends would come over or anything but I stopped that and just today a friend came over while I was playing WWE 12 and he was actually impressed with some of the stuff wondering if people actually did head scissors and stuff, I told him he should check out the X Division. Lol

All I know is that I love wrestling.

Yeah I stopped caring about what people think about it. At first it annoyed the shit out of me. But now I'm like if you can't see what these guys put themselves through then fuck you. Goodbye

Reactions: 1 person