HF Reviews PWG

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
pwglogo.png

In case you don't know me from other places, I've been a wrestling fan since practically my birth. I should really apologize to my mom for having a Hulk Hogan foam finger with me in the womb. Flash forward twenty or so years and I'm pretty disgruntled with the state of mainstream wrestling. The WWE was a company terrified of being called a wrestling company while TNA was so terrible you didn't even want to admit it was wrestling. While indies like ROH were great at first, they were quickly losing my interest due to some huge losses around the time of 2009. That's when I decided to give the biggest indy on the West Coast a try. Flash forward three years and it's still the company I watch the most of. This thread will contain my thoughts on the shows I've watched as I originally watched them. This may create a little confusion over mentioning wrestler X a dozen times and then in the next review, I claim it's the first time I've seen him.

If you haven't given PWG a chance or haven't seen too much PWG, hopefully this thread will help convince you to give PWG a chance and what shows are worth checking out and for what reason. Personally, I suggest going over to Highspots.com for all of your PWG DVD needs. Besides now offering cheap downloads, they often have sales on PWG. It's not uncommon to be able to pick up some old PWG shows for 5 bucks a pop.

Anyways, this initial post will serve as the archive page. Each review will have thoughts on every match and at the bottom, a list of matches worth checking out (These can range from legit pro wrestling MOTYC's to matches that are a good representation for PWG) and matches to avoid (Matches that are either terrible even for a PWG fanboy like myself or are just not a good representation for a particular wrestler.

Archive

The Debut Show
Bad Ass Mother 3000 Stage 1

88 Miles Per Hour
The Secret of the Ooze
Use Your Illusion III
Use Your Illusion IV
Free Admission (Just Kidding)
Uncanny X-Mas

Card Subject to Change
All Nude Revue
Ernest P. Worrell Memorial
All Star Weekend 1
Jason Takes PWG
Guitarmageddon
The 2nd Anniversary Show - Night 1
The 2nd Anniversary Show - Night 2
Zombies Shouldn't Run
Smells Like Steen Spirit
BOLA 2005 Night 1
BOLA 2005 Night 2
After School Special
Straight to DVD
All Star Weekend 2 Night 1
All Star Weekend 2 Night 2
Chanukah Chaos (The C's Are Silent)
Astonishing X-Mas

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
(Please don't call it) The OC
All Star Weekend 4 Night Two

Based on a True Story
All Star Weekend 5 Night 1
Roger Dorn Night
The High Cost of Doing Business

Pearl Habra
¡Dia De Los Dangerous!

Express Written Consent
One Hundred
DDT4 2009
The Secret of Guerrilla Island

Kurt Russellreunion III
World's Finest
DDT4 2012
Death to All But Metal
Threemendous III
BOLA 2012 Night 1
BOLA 2012 Night 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (The debut show)
July 26, 2003

dvdcov0001.jpg

Supa Badd, Charles Mercury and Sara Del Rey vs Ryan Drago, Top Gun Talwar and Zokre
The very first match in PWG history. I've never seen Supa Badd or Top Gun Talwar. Talwar is one of the original owners of PWG though. It's nice to see Ryan Drago, I was impressed with him at CHIKARA's King of Trios. Del Rey is just a couple years in the business and seems to have not made enough money to buy proper ring gear. For a six man tag, it ran fairly long clocking in around 18 or so minutes. The action left a lot to be desired, but they spent the entire time putting over the characters allowing the viewers to familiarize with the wrestlers. From the six, the heels of Drago, Talwar and Zokre (Who did the Kofi neck top rope bounce off) and face Sara Del Rey left the better impression. Del Rey spent most of the match playing the face-in-peril, but I like the fact that they made her seem like a real wrestler. There wasn't any of the treatment that she's a side show attraction or anything. Del Rey pins Ryan Drago with a German Suplex. So for you trivia buffs, Sara Del Rey holds the very first victory in PWG. Overall, I felt entertained enough to not stop the show. 1 1/2 Stars.

Excalibur vs Chris Bosh
Before the match, Del Rey gets a nice sendoff as she's heading to Japan the following month. Team Chismo (Excalibur, Disco Machine and Super Dragon) heads out to the ring. Excalibur claims that he's tired from setting up all of the chairs and bows out of a tag match with Disco Machine. Instead, he invites any rookie to come out and face him. This brings out Chris Bosh. Your referee is Rick Knox, wow, that guy has been in PWG for a long time. The match was mostly a squash with Excalibur proving that Team Chismo are a threat to be reckon with in PWG. Bosh gets to the ropes to break up several submission holds and looks good in the process. Excalibur wins with a suplex variation. The match accomplished what it needed to, so it gets a thumbs up in my book despite not being very "Good". 1 Star.

The Ballard Brothers vs Aerial Express
The Ballard Brothers are veteran Canadian wrestlers who resemble an early Jerry Lynn. Aerial Express are comprised of Scorpio Sky and Quicksilver. The Ballard Brothers impressed me especially with all of their solid team work. Excalibur, commentating, spends a good portion of the match telling racist jokes directed at the black Scorpio Sky. Why knew racism could be so funny? The Express (Choo choo) are able to get in a lot of spots without sacrificing the story too much. One of the Ballards ends up taking a double boots to the head/Piledriver combo to lose the match. The finish was simple, yet a pretty cool looking move. Despite losing, The Ballards earned some of my respect for being a solid tag team. As for Aerial Express, they quickly establish themselves as the face team in PWG. Right off the bat, I want to see Aerial Express vs Team Chismo. 2 1/2 Stars.

Super Dragon vs MDogg 20
Matt Cross, now here's someone I wasn't expecting. He looks basically the same, just without proper tights and is smaller than he is currently. Super Dragon is very over. The pair tries to get in a lot of fancy spots, but end up botching several. I'm not sure what it is about Super Dragon, but while most fans seem to love him, I find him fairly boring. Dragon wins with a Phoenix Splash. The finisher seems too flippy for a character who's supposed to be a bad ass, but the fans seem to love it. Despite my issues with Super Dragon, he's quickly established as one of the top guys in PWG so the match at least had some purpose. 1 3/4Stars.

Taro vs Baby Slymm
Holy shit, it's the guy from 101 Reasons NOT To be Pro Wrestler. Speaking of which, is 101 Reasons still well known to the IWC? At one time, it was the wrestling documentary. Baby Slymm is basically working a Cryme Tyme gimmick while being the size of Bubba Ray. Taro seems to have a giant complex which reminds me a lot of Hydra, only he can talk. Excalibur gets in some more racist jokes, much to my enjoyment. Baby Slymm just manhandles Taro during most of the match. Midway in, he brings in a chair, as if he's not punishing Taro enough. Slymm seems to be one of the only guys in history of wrestling who doesn't know how to lodge a chair between the two ropes. Taro moves out of the way and Slymm collides head first with the chair, knocking himself out. Without knowing this, Taro presses the button on his tights to become a giant~! Taro turns around to find Slymm on the mat, so he covers him. THE BUTTON WORKED~!!!!!!1! I found this surprisingly entertaining and one of the more productive matches on the show. Slymm looks like a monster while I already fell in love with Taro. 2 Stars.

Mr. Excitement and Disco Machine vs Hook Bomberry and Apollo Kahn
It looks like Mr. Excitement is the replacement for Excalibur. This is my first chance seeing any of these guys. Kahn reminds me a bit of Slyk Wagner Brown. Early on, the team of Kahn and Bomberry works over the arm of Disco Machine for a long time. Kahn is actually fairly good with his Monty Brown-type gimmick. The super MMA-type wrestler of Bomberry keeps working in various submissions on Disco's arm. Eventually, Disco Machine is forced to tap out, giving Team Chismo their first loss. The match actually was built around the story of Disco's arm. I wouldn't shed any tears if I never saw Homberry or Mr. Excitement again, but Disco Machine and Apollo Kahn gets the thumbs up. 2 1/2 Stars.

Hardkore Inc. w/Crew vs X-Foundation
Hardkore Inc. is comprised of Hardkore Kidd, Al Katrazz and Adam Pearce. The X-Foundation is Joey Ryan (In full Jamie Noble mode), Scott Lost (Hey, I had that haircut when I was 12) and Billy Kim (Who?). Just like the other members of the PWG 6, Joey Ryan is very over. The match was an all out brawl of clusterfuckinessity (Yay for making clusterfuck an even more clusterfuck of a word). X-Foundation are very Rockers like with Joey Ryan being easily the most talented member of his team. Al Katrazz and Hardkore Kidd reminds me of Hernendez, only Kidd is the good version and Al Katrazz is horrible. Despite being in the ring for only a few minutes, Adam Pearce shows that he's probably the smartest worker out of anyone on the card so far. Joey Ryan has the pin, but the HardKore's crew distracts the ref to allow Pearce to nail Ryan with a title from another promotion. Pearce covers and gets the win. This was a great way to showcase their main heel for early portion of PWG. Pearce comes off as a legitimate star of the promotion while Ryan is a huge fan favorite. I want to see more of Hardkore Kidd before I form a real opinion though. I enjoyed the match at least. 2 3/4 Stars.

AJ Styles vs Frankie Kazarian
Your very first PWG main event. Styles is already one of the bigger indy stars of 2003 with his ROH and TNA status. Meanwhile, Kazarian had just recently debuted in TNA. In fact, these two just wrestled a few weeks before in TNA. Before the match, Samoa Joe comes out to apologize to the card for unable to perform due to injury (Supposedly due to his Paul London - Death Before Dishonor match). His replacement is Frankie Kazarian. Damn, AJ vs Joe would of been great. Within a few minutes, I give up on the commentary track and just turn it off. It's fine joking around for the undercard since it there's much importance, but this is the NWA Champion vs your future (heh) top face. Both guys are already showing that they know each other well enough to reverse a lot of moves. Frankie goes for either a bicycle kick or a step up hurricanrana, but AJ counters it into a nice power bomb. Frankie attempts several Wave of the Future's, but Styles prevents every one. They botch AJ turning a German Suplex like hold into a electric chair. They repeat the move with AJ reversing Kazarian's position so he's prepped for a power bomb. Styles Drops Frankie down right into Styles Clash position. Styles Clash gets Styles the win in the first ever PWG show. With two guys that had faced each other so many times (Eventually), these two could deliver. Although it wouldn't be too memorable in ROH, it's the easy standout of the night. Both wrestlers ended up looking good and giving PWG a much needed serious match. A little bit of sloppiness keeps it from being too much of a standout though. 3 1/4 Stars.

Frankie gets on the mic to thank the fans for supporting him and coming out. We get a brief mention of the PWG title to be decided at the next show.

Overall
Like with any promotion starting off, you need to give them some leniency. If they'd put on this type of show in 2009, people would shit all over it. However, for their first show, it was good enough to make me want more. They did a good job at introducing their wrestlers to those who may not be familiar with them. A good portion of the roster can already be sized up for where they belong in the ladder of importance. Standouts of the night would include Sara Del Rey, Taro, Adam Pearce, Joey Ryan, Super Dragon, Excalibur, Disco Machine, Apollo Kahn, the Ballards and of course Styles and Kazarian.

If you think the commentating was horrible in 2009, it's nothing compared to this show. While I did generally enjoy the antics of Excalibur and Disco Machine, I can see many people finding it very annoying. Since the commentary is recorded in post-production, it has that DVD movie commentary sound to it. The live action has a lower volume to a studio-like sound for the actual commentary. If you want recent ROH, it's a lot like that. If I had the option, I'd rather turn the commentary off, especially for the important matches.

Reaction score
Bad Ass Mother 3000 Stage 1
August 29, 2003

2366.jpg

It's worth mentioning that the building makes Reseda look like a Wrestlemania location. It's in a small gym-like room with all of the workout equipment removed. The crowd is only on one side (Camera side, so we rarely see them) and one wall is covered with a mirror.

Super Dragon vs Hook Bomberry - First Round
The crowd's chant of "HOOK! BomberryBomberryBomberry HOOK!" is pretty damn entertaining. The most memorable part of the match is the overzealous Super Dragon fan who won't stop chanting his name. It's a pretty popular clip from Youtube and even included in some of the Botchamania's. The match alternates between a dull, long match and an exciting "Can Hook actually win?!" story. Due to the length in being over twenty minutes, it's just too long to end up being anything noteworthy. There's one moment in the middle of the match when Super Dragon powerbombs Bomberry against the turnbuckle that just looks sick. Of course, the match continues for another ten minutes, completely ruining a perfect ending. Despite Bomberry coming so close to beating Dragon, he finally falls thanks to the lariat. The story of the match would have been far better with anyone other than Hook. Since I've already seen plenty of Hook, I can't believe he's actually hanging in there with Dragon for so long. For a first round match, it's fine though. 2 Stars.

Matt Cross vs Colt Cabana - First Round
Cross coming out to "O Fortuna" is perhaps the greatest theme choice in the history of wrestling. Right away, Cabana shows that he's a heel by teasing throwing his headband into the crowd before stashing it in his tights. Heel Colt is a lot like face Colt only he's more of a douchebag and something feels missing. Regardless, Cabana is still entertaining as he does his best to drag something decent out of Cross. M-Dogg looks so lost out there. He has his random spotty moves, but there isn't a shred of story or crowd interaction from him. I don't care how pretty his flips are, they're just flips. Cabana wins by destroying Cross with a Colt .45. The one plus that this has going for it that the opener didn't was that it didn't wear out it's welcome by being too long. 2 1/4 Stars.

Scorpio Sky vs Joey Ryan - First Round
The pre-Dynasty explodes. Scorpio shows a little heel side to himself, but he doesn't go too far into the alignment. Pretty simple match with Joey trying to out-wrestle Scorpio, but Sky focuses on the neck to stay in control. Scorpio's go to move during the bout is the triangle choke. It's not a bad way to go about trying to tell a story when you couple it with plenty of neck moves like the ace crusher and Dragon Clutch. Scorpio's triangle choke comes back to bite him when he finishes up a Tarantula-style triangle choke in the ropes and Joey catches him off guard with the Duff Drop for the victory. The finish came out of nowhere, so it hurt the match a little. However, a good match is still a good match. 3 Stars.

Disco Machine vs Adam Pearce w/Vander Pyle - First Round
Before the match, Pearce announces a dance contest between Disco and Vander Pyle. As expected, Vander Pyle brings the lulz with his sad attempt. My memory of the debut show is a bit fuzzy, but this may be the first ever PWG dance off. Before the crowd can decide a winner, Pearce attacks Disco from behind like a true heel. To say is a great heel is an understatement. The guy seems so natural that I don't believe anyone in PWG's first year was as good as Pearce. He may not be the best technical wrestler, the spottiest worker or even the funniest, but the guy knows his character so well. He's basically the polar opposite of Matt Cross. Disco and Pearce has a pretty enjoyable match thanks largely due to Pearce's old school style. It takes some effort and interference from Vander Pyle, but Pearce picks up the win following a piledriver. Indy wrestling needs more Adam Pearce's. 2 3/4 Stars.

Frankie Kazarian vs Scott Lost - First Round
Lost looks so insanely young. Kazarian has the easy advantage early on, but Lost gets the best of him by using his speed. The big story comes from the underdog, Lost, hanging in there with PWG's first real star. Kazarian attempts his half nelson choke, but Lost manages to keep his arm up on the third try. One small mistake later, Lost eats a Wave of the Future to lose the match. At only ten or so minutes, the minutes just flew by with both guys looking really good. 3 1/4 Stars.

B-Boy vs Tony Kozina - First Round
With his long hair, Kozina looks like the midget version of Matt Hardy. With his unusual build, Kozina could easily be the Andre the Giant of midget wrestlers. The guy doesn't have a neck! B-Boy comes out to "Eye of the Tiger" which seems so out of place for a guy of his gimmick. Before the match, B-Boy gets the referee to do his double horn taunt, but Kozina refuses. B-Boy is his usual self. He's not bad, but he doesn't sell enough and his matches tend to last too long. Kozina remains his reliable "I may not be great, but I'm always going to put on a mildly good match" attitude. B-Boy picks up the win with some sort of Tazplex looking move. After the match, Kozina finally does the double horn taunt. Perfectly acceptable action. 3 Stars.

NOSAWA w/Paul T vs Taro - First Round
Despite not even going ten minutes, this match just drags on and on. NOSAWA was pretty dependable to put on a good match in 2005, but here he isn't offering anything of quality. Taro's comedy gimmick is much better suited in short squashes. Paul T interferes right in front of the ref, but the ref allows it. NOSAWA wins with a Michinoku Driver. Easily the worst match of the show. Granted we're only at the second show in history, but it's currently the worst match in the company's history. 1 Star.

Christopher Daniels vs Hardkore Kidd w/El Jefe - First Round
I have a headache trying to understand the Hardkore Kidd. The guy is pretty large for an indy worker, so it should be obvious that he uses a lot of power moves to play to his size. No, instead he flies around as if he's one of the dime a dozen high flying indy wrestlers. To make it even more bizarre, Hardkore is the babyface of the match. He's much bigger than Daniels and he has the heel manager, WHY IS HE A BABYFACE?! Hardkore even begins the match by surprising Daniels with a big boot. His first move is a heel move for fuck's sake. :lol: I just don't get it. After a few minutes of abuse, Daniels takes over by spiking the back of Hardkore's head against the mat. Daniels smartly focuses his attention on the head with several kicks and even busting out the Koji Clutch. Hardkore has several hope spots where he's flying around, but it doesn't get him anywhere. With Daniels in the ref's face, he low blows Hardkore with a Raven-like kick. Angel Wings finishes Hardkore off with Daniels being the final man to advance to the next round. Daniels is his normal solid self, but Hardkore just drags all of his matches down due to me questioning why he's acting as if he's a hundred and seventy pounds. 2 1/2 Stars.

Overall
If you treat this as the first night of BOLA, it's not too bad. It's not completely uncommon for the first round to only produce one meaningful match. While none of the matches were great, half of them were pretty enjoyable and lingered around that 3 star mark. The thing I care about most is that they're continuing the themes from the debut show (See my review in post 7 of this thread). Super Dragon remains dominant. Adam Pearce continues to have the best character. Frankie Kazarian is 2-0 in terms of having the best match. Joey Ryan, Scott Lost and Scorpio Sky all have solid matches. The addition was the debut of Christopher Daniels. Daniels would become a regular fixture with PWG until leaving due to the TNA/PWG split in 2007. In a lot of ways, PWG is doing everything right in these early shows. They're establishing who their main guys are so that when we begin seeing top guy vs top guy, it's going to mean more. Even though I'd hardly say Kazarian is the type of guy you should build your company around for the long haul, but he's proving his worth for the freshman year.

Worth Checking Out
Adam Pearce vs Disco Machine (For Pearce's great old school style)
Frankie Kazarian vs Scott Lost

Avoid
NOSAWA vs Taro

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Jeez, Chris Bosh is a rookie, Rick Know is reffing already, certainly a throwback. Surprised Dragon was that far down the card in the first show. Didn't realise the Super Dragon fan was this early on in PWG either :lol:

And thanks for the Highspots recommendation, I was wondering if anywhere else besides PWG themselves did the DVD's.

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't even bother with buying PWG DVD's from PWG's site. They put their DVD's up for pre-sale so far in advance that you may be waiting months for the DVD to come out. Highspots is pretty great because they have a ton of sales, their shipping is pretty damn affordable and their customer service is pretty awesome. Just a showcase of what you can do with Highspots:

http://www.highspots.com/Pro-Wrestling-Guerrilla/20195.html

Granted, the options are a bit limited, but 4 DVD's for 20 bucks? That's pretty sweet. In addition, because of the close relationship between Highspots and PWG, buying from Highspots still greatly benefits PWG.

Reaction score
88 Miles Per Hour
March 7, 2004

1425.jpg

The Hardkore Kidd and El Jefe start the show in the ring. Jefe is one of those guys who is so bad on the mic that he's entertaining. Hardcore Inc. is back baby. Adam Pearce comes out with Valentina (Lizzy Valentine) to cut a promo on Frankie Kazarian and Babi Slymm to add a little extra heat to their tag match later tonight. You have to love PWG playing to the feud.

Puma vs Black Tigers
Black Tigers is an Osaka Pro wrestler who may be better known as Jeremy Lopez. If you watched WCW Saturday Night in it's dying days, he was one of the regulars along with Chuck Palumbo, Mark Jindrak and Kid Romeo. Lopez also worked a few matches for ROH back in 2002. With neither guy being a heel, this match has a polite applause sort of heat. It feels more like an exhibition than a proper match, however; TJ Perkin's matches rarely disappoint. Near the end, they add a little story of Tigers hitting Puma with big move after big move, but Puma keeps kicking out. Tigers calls for his finish (Some Gory Special-like move?), but Puma counters it with a sunset flip-like pin to win the match. I can't say Lopez blew my mind, but these sort of solid matches are perfect for the undercard. 2 3/4 Stars.

Bobby Quance vs Tiger's Mask
I'm not sure whether it's Tigers Mask or Tiger's Mask. The title card says Tigers Mask, but the back of the DVD says Tiger's Mask. Tiger's Mask is Tiger Mask if he was a baseball player. Looking at his Wikipedia page, it looks like he's mostly an Osaka Pro guy. Tigers tries to heel it up some, but it's sporadic. It's as if he keeps forgetting that he's supposed to be a heel. Despite being Japanese, Tigers has some really weak looking shots. Who knew a puro wrestler could suck at hitting? Quance puts Tigers away with a Shooting Star Press. It was passable, but not the best showcase of the underrated Quance. 2 1/4 stars.

The Havana Pitbulls vs NOSAWA and Masada w/Paul T
Before the match, Paul T cuts a promo to sum up the (BS) backstory. Despite being bad asses in SoCal, The Pitbulls were out of their league in Mexico. Luckily for them, NOSAWA was willing to look out for them while they were down there. Once they got back to the states, The Pitbulls began to ignore NOSAWA when he wanted to find some ICP shit. A fun, but fairly short competitive match follows. Rocky plays the face-in-peril for a bit, but it's not long enough that it creates a real story. Near the end, everyone gets involved in the action, but the Pitbulls Knee Drop Demolition Decapitator gets the win over NOSAWA. Typical quality action from Romero and Reyes in PWG. Masada's hard hitting style was fairly entertaining. I wouldn't mind seeing him more in PWG. 3 Stars.

Bryan Danielson vs Brad Bradley
Bradly is indy big (Imagine Sgt. Slaughter's size in the early 80's before he gained all of the weight) and uses the power to his advantage. Bradley manages to manhandle Danielson in the early minutes of the match before AmDrag ups the intensity. It may not be Danielson from the Morishima series, but the aggressive behavior is enough to take charge. Danielson busts out the suicide dive and forces Bradley to tap out with a head scissors. Despite being under ten minutes, this was all kinds of fun. Perfect sort of undercard match. 3 1/4 Stars.

Frankie Kazarian and Babi Slymm vs Hardcore Inc. w/El Jefe and Valentina
Adam Pearce tries to stay away from Kazarian for most of the match, but he finds himself in a much bigger fight with Slymm that he could have expected. It actually ends up being a pretty good second story in the Kazarian/Pearce feud. Thanks to Slymm putting Pearce to sleep with the Million Dollar Dream to win the match, it naturally set-up the eventual title match between Pearce and Slymm (44 Ways to Kill You With a Pimento). Hardkore Kidd was his usual self, which is generally means he doesn't have the slightest idea how to work. Even with the large Babi Slymm being smaller than him, Kidd still insists on working like a junior heavyweight. It truly baffles me. It's also worth noting that the first rope breaking of PWG occurs with the bottom rope just giving out. For the lack of talent in this match, this turned out better than I could have imagined. 3 1/4 Stars.

I'm 99% sure that Human Tornado is one of the cameramen. Then again, maybe I'm just racist and think every black guy looks alike.

Ebessan vs Kuishinbo Kamen - Special Guest Referee: Taro
If you're not familiar with Kamen, he's a skinnier version of Ebessan. Before the match, Ebessan gets on the mic and reveals why he's in such a bad mood. He and Kamen wanted to go to a WWE show, but tickets were souled out. Once they found a scalper, they paid fifty bucks a ticket only to find out that the tickets were already used. To top it off, some American food has given him the runs. He calls everyone who isn't here tonight a cocksucker. :lol: Your typical hilarious Ebessan match follows with such spots as slow motion wrestling, various low blows to Taro and a little dancing. They even add a little storyline with Taro having enough of Ebessan's low blows so he purposely stops counting when Ebessan has the cover. Kamen wins the match with a Cancun Tornado. When it comes down to it, Ebessan is my favorite comedy wrestler of all time. I've yet to find one of his matches that isn't epic beyond belief. 6 Billion Stars.

X Foundation and The SBS vs The Aerial Xpress, Charles Mercury, Chris Bosh and Top Gun Talwar - Guerrilla Games
Guerrilla Games is simply PWG's version of a Survivor Series elimination match. This was set-up by AXP and company upset that the PWG Six (Especially SBS) has been favoring the East Coast talent instead of them. PWG Six member, Talwar, turned heel and joined the AXP since he was upset about not being booked on a show. They've already had several different matches including Chris Bosh and AXP defeating SBS in a six man tag at the previous show (Taste the Radness). Despite being partners, Joey Ryan and Super Dragon still hates each other. They showcase that issue before the match go underway when Ryan and Dragon got in a brief fight over who would start the match. It feels like forever before Top Gun Talwar is the first to be eliminated after receiving finishers by the PWG Six. In fact, it's not until 3/4 of the match is over before he's gone. Since there's only ten minutes left (Just under 40 minute match in total), the rest of the eliminations come pretty quickly. The biggest elimination(s) comes when Scorpio Sky is DQ'd for hitting Super Dragon with one of the X-Foundation's tag titles. Before he left the ring, Scorpio hit Dragon with his own Psycho Driver so that Quicksilver could easily pin the SoCal legend. It comes down to The X-Foundation vs Chris Bosh and Quicksilver, but the tag champions eliminate both heels with relative ease. Despite losing, Quicksilver (With Bosh) challenges the champs to a tag title match at the next show and Joey Ryan/Scott Lost allows their overconfidence to agree with little thought. Even though the match lasted longer than I would have liked, it was loaded with storylines, making it a must see match for several feuds. If I could change one thing, I would have spread out the eliminations more. 3 1/2 Stars.

After the show, Excalibur challenges Scorpio Sky to wrestle Super Dragon in a Guerrilla Warfare Match. Scorpio agrees.

Overall
Even though the workrate was fairly tame, 88 Miles Per Hour was a solid show loaded with importance. They found time to set-up the two big matches for the next show (Super Dragon vs Scorpio Sky and X-Foundation vs Bosh/Quicksilver), a future title defense (Slymm/Pearce) and add a little more fuel to the Kazarian/Pearce and Dragon/Ryan long standing feuds. The undercard offers plenty of solid matches, despite not showcasing any angles. There isn't even a single "Bad" match on the entire show. So while 88 Miles Per Hour may not be high on your "To buy" list, you won't be disappointed if you pick it up for cheap at Highspots.

Worth Checking Out
Ebessan vs Kuishinbo Kamen
Guerrilla Games

Avoid
N/A

Reaction score
The Secret of the Ooze
August 14, 2004

2105.jpg

Tag Team Gauntlet Match
Pretty this is not. First pairing is Human Tornado and Supa Badd vs Top Gun Talwar and Charles Mercury. Blown spots run amok. However, Tornado has one of his best spots in his career that shall be shown in gif form below. Once Tornado and Badd (Who lives up to his Badd name) are eliminated Discho Machine and Excalibur comes out to continue the horrible match. Luckily, once Talwar and Mercury are eliminated, things finally improve with the final team - Los Rojo Locos. Locos are just the Ballard Brothers working the old Midnight Rider gimmick. The best way to describe this last pairing is it's a poor version of a really good match. But it at least ends this match on a high note. Ballards are a pretty underrated tag team.

tornadoa.gif

Joey Ryan vs Quicksilver
Joey's still one-half of the PWG tag champions with Scott Lost, but they've already split. It's the next show (Ironically titled "The Next Show") they have the first ever ladder match in PWG to determine who will keep the belts. Surprisingly, a psychology based match. Both guys focus on the left arm of the other. Everything comes back to the arm in either offense or defensive moves. Even the finish of Joey getting the rollup finish was made possible because of the weak arm/shoulder of Quicksilver. Sloppy at times, but this was still a quality match. 3 1/4 Stars.

Brad Bradley and Babi Slymm w/Vander Pyle vs Apollo Kahn and Brandon Thomaselli
Two thoughts. 1) Who the hell names their kid Brad when their last name is already Bradley? 2) How many damn Thomaselli brothers are there? They're like a less eccentric version of the Dudleys. I threw on the commentary due to such low expectations. As it turns out, it helped a lot. While Thomaselli had a good deal of talent, everyone else sucked pretty bad. Sadly, Brandon can't be in the ring all the time. That's where Disco Machine and Excalibur's racist commentary picks up the slack. The main objective was to get Bradley and Slymm over as the new clients of Vander Pyle and it worked. They're faces, but they seem like the future monster heel team for PWG.

Josh Prohibition vs Puma
Can't go wrong with a little TJ Perkins. Fun little match here with Prohibition being the asshole heel and Puma as the underdog babyface. Short and simple with Puma hanging in there and getting the surprise win with some variation of the Sharpshooter/Figure Four. 2 1/2 Stars.

Frankie Kazarian (c) vs Colt Cabana w/Vander Pyle - PWG World Title
Your classic mid 2000's Cabana comedy match mixed with some good wrestling. I wouldn't want to see it as a ROH World Title match, but it works fine here. Cabana's very over, so the crowd was always in the match. Both teased using the other man's finisher to add in a little more heated dynamic of the match. The biggest problem is that the finish just comes out of nowhere. It's not quite as good as Frankie vs AmDrag, but it's as good as Kazarian's other PWG title defenses. 3 1/4 Stars.

After the match, Brad Bradley and Babi Slymm attacks Cabana. Vander Pyle turns on Cabana and sides with his two monsters. This brings Kazarian back in the ring, but he helps as well. Vander Pyle gets on the mic and announces the creation of The First Family with Bradley, Slymm and Kazarian. Holy ****. Suddenly, Embassy 2010 doesn't seem like such a horrible faction.

CM Punk vs Donovan Morgan
Punk is wearing some pink Crash Holly/Steve Richards style tights. Punk is his usual quality self, working on Morgan's arm and just generally making this entertaining enough. However, it's hard to be excited for these sort of matches when you remember what Punk was doing around the same time in ROH. The match works fine on a PWG show, but his matches in PWG aren't nearly the DVD draws that they are in ROH. 2 1/4 Stars.

Samoa Joe vs Super Dragon - Number 1 Contenders Match
Second time seeing this. I actually enjoyed it a little more the second time around. I think I finally worked out a mental understanding for these matches. Super Dragon is similar to a junior high bully. Yes, he can kick anyone's ass in junior high. However, when the big bad high schooler, Joe, comes around, Dragon's going to get murdered. That's exactly what this was. The count-out sucks, but it sets up a rematch. In some ways, it's a lot like the Joe/Punk trilogy. Even though the underdog couldn't win that first match, he hung in there with Joe and didn't get pinned or submitted. This was a So-Cal dream match and it managed to be the best match of the night. 3 1/4 Stars.

Overall
Being the first show after the anniversary show, you can't expect too much from this. You are given three good matches and more importantly, importance. PWG was in the middle of a change at the time from the first year or so. You have the creation of the First Family (As horrible of a faction as it was), the first Joe/Dragon match and the announcement of the ladder match at The Next Show. As long as you skip over all of the tag matches (Minus Excalibur/Disco vs Rojos), it's not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.

Worth Checking Out
Joey Ryan vs Quicksilver
Colt Cabana vs Frankie Kazarian
Samoa Joe vs Super Dragon

Avoid
First Family vs Kahn and Thomaselli
Tag Team Gauntlet

Reaction score
Use Your Illusion III
October 9, 2004

1935.jpg

The First Family opens up the show with Kazarian, Babi Slymm and Scott Lost. Lost had joined the group at the previous show when the First Family helped him win the ladder match to gain full ownership over both titles. Kazarian reports that Brad Bradley was injured and Vander Pyle is MIA. Scott Lost introduces his new tag partner - Chris Bosh. Thus, Arrogance is born. Slymm and Kazarian doesn't seem too impressed though. Despite the group being so new, they've already had a huge faction change (Upgrade), but already looks to be setting the seeds to split up.

Los Rojo Locos and Supa Badd vs Charles Mercury, Billy Kim and Ronin
Ugh. I thought one of the benefits of watching these early PWG shows was that they'd be Ronin-free? "Funky" Billy Kim was the original Chris Bosh to Joey Ryan/Scott Lost. Just the third man of the X Foundation. I guess Kim's new buddies are The X Foundation 2. The idea of those three losers in a faction could make The First Family only the second worst faction of all time. Holy shit, this was one horrible match. Despite only going for fifteen minutes, it felt like twice as long. What's worse is that these six shouldn't have been given more than half the amount they were given. I enjoy Locos/Ballards, but they can only do so much. Probably the worst PWG opener I've seen so far.

Top Gun Talwar vs Hook Bomberry
I wouldn't call either one of these two good. In fact, I'd say that Talwar was a pretty lousy wrestler. However, they have a lot of chemistry together and have a fun little hard hitting contest. It's hardly great or anything, but it's definitely not a negative to the show. 2 1/2 Stars.

Puma vs The UK Kid
Never seen the UK Kid before, but I believe he had a match against Danielson around this point. Kid is just HORRIBLE on the mic. His pre-match promo is so bad that it becomes entertaining in a Wrestlecrap sort of way. He's halfway decent in the ring though. Nothing special, but he and Puma have the best match of the night thus far. However, just being watchable makes it pretty obvious why the UK Kid never did much in the US, despite being trained by Shawn Michaels. Puma wins with his Figure Four/Sharpshooter variation. 2 1/2 Stars.

Excalibur and Disco Machine vs Aerial Xpress w/Dino Winwood - #1 Contender's Match
Winner gets the tag champions later in the month at Use Your Illusions 4. I'm not really sure how Team SBS are in a number 1 contender's match. They lost the last four matches. In fact, they only have one tag win in the history of PWG up to this point, but that was over a year ago. Disco and Excalibur sucks in singles matches, but they have some good chemistry together. The combination of that and Quicksilver's face-in-peril selling creates a fun little match. I'm not sure who's move it is. But Team SBS hit a piledriver/low drop kick in the middle of the match. Later on, AXP got the victory with the same move. Dino's an awesome character in PWG. "Follow the tambourine!" *Shakes tambourine loudly to help Quicksilver know which corner to go to* :lol: 3 Stars.

Bobby Quance vs Christopher Daniels
Quance's final match before joining the military. He'd eventually come back for the first show of 2009 for a special one time return. Had he stayed in wrestling, I'm sure ROH would have brought him in eventually. Just so much potential and talent already in his few years in the business. They work a near twenty minute match (Four seconds shy of the 20 minute time limit). Quance has some great natural skills at drawing in the fans, whether it's by clapping the mat or his selling. He even manages a cool little 619-like move on the outside. The ending could have used some work, but it doesn't take away much from a solid contest. 3 1/4 Stars.

After the match, Daniels gets on the mic and challenges Quance for a match next week. Just a little comedy of Daniels not realizing that this was Quance's last match to set-up Quance's farewell speech.

Samoa Joe vs Joey Ryan
It's no wonder PWG finally turned Ryan heel. The crowd hates on him every time he talks. Joey spouts some bible verses to show that he's ready for the fight of his life. Joe's just wondering what to order at Applebee's after the show. A virtual squash with Joey being killed for most of the match before a minor comeback and a great count-out tease by Joe. Nothing special, but still good. Super Dragon comes out to get Joe's attention, but that only causes Ryan to be sent into Dragon and then killed with a lariat to lose the match. I know this was supposed to set-up the Ryan/Dragon and eventual Joe/Dragon 2 matches, but the appearance of Dragon didn't help the match at all. Joe killing bitches is always a good time though. 2 1/2 Stars.

Frankie Kazarian w/Babi Slymm vs Tony Stradlin
Who? Looking up Stradlin, I see that he was signed by the WWE and worked for Deep South Wrestling for a couple of years before being released. He did manage to get a match against Ultimo Dragon for Velocity earlier in 2004 though. Stradlin looks like Wade Barrett's Italian cousin. Surprisingly, he has some decent talent. Best moves of the match was both by him. Standing on the back of Kazarian, he then leg dropped Frankie. Later on, he nailed a Swanton to Kazarian's back while he was draped over the top rope. Booking of the match sucks though. Slymm interferes a lot, but it only makes it less entertaining. Kazarian wins after Slymm throws a drink in Tony's face and Kazarian hits the Wave of the Future. I wouldn't mind seeing Stradlin against someone better.3 Stars.

Arrogance (c) vs Super Dragon and B-Boy - PWG Tag Team Titles
The first tag match of Arrogance. In fact, they're not even known as Arrogance yet. Really good match and a great way to end the show. I'm far from a Super Dragon fan, but he's been in the main event the last two shows I've watched and he managed to have the best match for both shows. Arrogance is put over big time by hanging in there with the bigger stars, even appearing to be legitimately better as a team. Joey Ryan comes out near the end to distract Dragon, but Dragon kicks out of a couple of pin attempts. Arrogance finishes him off with a Hart Attack into Bosh's back breaker and Lost's Sharpshooter. SUPER DRAGON TAPPED OUT. Now that's how you add legitimacy to a new team. 3 1/2 Stars.

After the match, Joey Ryan hangs around to challenge Super Dragon to a sixty minute Iron Man Match at the next show. Ryan improved a lot on the mic over the years.

Overall
A low profile 2004 show that contains a few good matches. Once again, it's all about setting up the hot new angles and programs. Arrogance is born and has their second title match all ready against Aerial Xpress. Super Dragon continues his feud with Samoa Joe and Joey Ryan including setting up a huge match later in the month. The First Family makes moves to drastically improve their group with the additions of Arrogance. They actually managed to have more storyline advancement in this one show than PWG had in all of 2010. :lol:

Worth Checking Out
Christopher Daniels vs Bobby Quance
Arrogance vs B-Boy and Super Dragon

Avoid
Rojos/Badd vs X Foundation 2

Reaction score
Use Your Illusion IV
October 23, 2004

1927.jpg

The UK Kid vs Tony Stradlin
UK Kid is still so horrible on the mic. This match was not though. Stradlin continues to impress with his MOVEZ~! and just general wrestling skills. UK Kid is still good, but his instance of always talking before a match makes me dread any of his bouts. They try stealing the finish to Bulldog/Bret from Summerslam 1992, but it doesn't come off nearly as well. The UK Kid just isn't as good as The Bulldog. Great way to open the show though. 3 1/4 Stars.

Top Gun Talwar vs Puma
Puma has a nice little four match winning streak going on. Another good, but short match from Puma. He's just sorta stuck in the same spot where his matches are good, but he's not booked against anyone to have a great match with. Top Gun managed to keep the comedy at a reasonable level before falling to Puma's Figure Four/Sharpshooter finisher. Just because I don't want to keep referring to the move as some variation of the two moves...*Goes to Wiki* Seems like Wiki has it listed as The Figure Four Deathlock. So basically, it's called the WCW version of what I was already calling it? For fucks sake. >_> 2 3/4 Stars.

Arrogance (c) vs Aerial Xpress w/Dino Winwood and So Cal Val - PWG Tag Team Titles
While UK Kid makes me not want to watch his matches due to his promos, Arrogance's pre-match antics makes this matches even more fun to watch. Chris Bosh officially announces the team as Arrogance. While it starts off slow with a lot of comedy, it turns into one damn good match. Long heat segment with Scorpio playing the face-in-peril. Arrogance is cheating every chance they get, whether the ref is looking or not. Even the ref bump is well done with it not looking as staged as most ref bumps do. Sadly, things go downhill quickly. Not surprisingly, it's when Babi Slymm comes out. Slymm goes to spear a member of AXP, but they move out of the way and Lost takes the spear. Slymm doesn't seem to care though. When Bosh yells at him for his mistake, Bosh takes a spear too. Scorpio has the cover, but the ref just calls for the bell. Arrogance wins by DQ. Just another reason to hate Babi Slymm. With how bad he sucks, PWG doesn't even bother to book him in matches anymore. Do the next step and just get rid of him altogether. Up until the final minute or so, this was on par with most ROH tag matches from this time period. The finish just flat out sucks though. 3 3/4 Stars.

Frankie Kazarian (c) w/Babi Slymm vs Ricky Reyes w/Puma - PWG World Title
Reyes is in an unofficial stable with training buddies Rocky Romero, Samoa Joe and Puma. No idea whether Slymm is supposed to be a heel or face at this point. I'm sure Reyes is a nice guy, a perfect gentleman and is a grandson that any grandmother would love to brag about at the retirement home. However, he has some major weaknesses as far as being a wrestler. He has enough basic skills that makes him a great tag wrestler (I love the Havana Pitbulls), but his weaknesses really hurt any of his singles matches. It doesn't help that Kazarian is so clueless as to what he should do as a heel champion that he acts like Ric Flair...a really bad one. As a result, this started off really well, but slowly the mistakes and problems began stacking up. Babi Slymm having a run in and having his drink kicked in his face so he could suplex Kazarian only made things worse. It wasn't all bad, but it's not what you'd want a World Title match to be, especially when you compare it with the October 2004 ROH World Title matches. PWG really needs to give up on heel Frankie and take the belt off of him. 2 3/4 Stars.

Mike Quackenbush, Icarus and Akuma vs Larry Sweeney, Jigsaw and Hallowicked
Capone's favorite PWG match of all time. While I enjoy CHIKARA and really dig all of these guys (At least present versions), this wasn't a good representation of what CHIKARA is (At least today). Especially in 2004 and on the other side of the country, I imagine most fans hadn't seen CHIKARA at this point. So this was really their first chance to see and possibly become a fan. What they got was a bunch of contrived wacky and funny spots, random heat segments that abruptly ended without any payoff and (Minus Sweeney) no one standing out. CHIKARA felt like nothing more than a sideshow attraction similarly to midgets or women wrestling. Is that really what Quack and company wanted to give the impression of with six of their top guys? Sweeney does make some splash and seems like he could have fit in perfectly with PWG. I don't know, maybe I just expected too much from guys who bar Quack were very inexperienced.

Super Dragon vs Joey Ryan - 60 Minute Iron Man Match
On paper, this looks awful. These two had a really good Guerrilla Warfare Match back in 2003 up until they decided to keep it going far past the point where it should have been stopped. By making the match so long, the surefire PWG MOTY was turned into just a good match. So having to see a rematch last a full hour? This just has to be bad, right? Somehow, this turned out to be fucking AWESOME. The booking is so much better than Michaels vs Hart or Cena vs Orton. They're wrestling for sixty minutes while building up major events for the end all during the match. Joey locks in a Figure Four several times during the course of the match which finally scores Joey a third fall to even the score. Pretty great idea since Joey was down 0-3 at one point before making his comeback. Another spot is the Mustache Ride to the outside. They had teased the huge spot a few times, but we had to wait until the final few minutes until Ryan finally hit it. Dragon should be DEAD by how he fell with the move. It was one fucking sick bump, especially in the extras where they show a few different angles and in slo-mo. Joey waiting so long to hit it ends up costing him the match with time running out before he can get the pin. In sudden death, Dragon makes Joey pay by giving him one of his finishers on the floor. PSYCHOLOGY~?!!! That payback helped Dragon score the final fall to finally win the match. At over an hour long, the time flies by faster than their thirty minute Guerrilla Warfare match. Thanks to the amazing Danielson vs Joe at The Musical, I can't give it PWG's MOTY, but it's a favorite for runner up. 4 Stars.

Overall
It starts off on a high note and ends with the easy match of the night. The PWG Title is in a sorry state of not being defended in the top matches of the night, but the main event matches of Super Dragon delivers yet again. The feud between Arrogance and AXP has begun and the tag scene is looking to only get better as the year comes to an end. With Slymm nearly costing both First Family matches, I imagine he's nearly on the way out as well. It may not be ROH quality, but it's a big improvement on the average 2004 PWG show.

Worth Checking Out
UK Kid vs Tony Stradlin
Arrogance vs Aerial Xpress
Super Dragon vs Joey Ryan

Avoid
Babi Slymm
CHIKARA Showcase

Castiel

Reaction score
Surprised to read "I wouldn't mind seeing Stradlin against someone better" then have a match with UK Kid be better rated than against Kazarian. Then again, I understand your complains about Slymm getting involved too much, basically right now when I read UK Kid I think awful due to his mic work but I have to remember you think he's good in the ring at least. I heard some good things about Quance but never actually seen his work, I have to wonder though if wrestling fans think he was good because we only got a taste of him before he left for the military? We always love people more when they leave us wanting more. Thanks for the Highspots info too, 4 PWG DVDs for $20? I mean, I do need to check out more of these older shows anyways!

Also, Joey/Dragon sounds so awesome.

Reaction score
Surprised to read "I wouldn't mind seeing Stradlin against someone better" then have a match with UK Kid be better rated than against Kazarian. Then again, I understand your complains about Slymm getting involved too much, basically right now when I read UK Kid I think awful due to his mic work but I have to remember you think he's good in the ring at least.

Kazarian as a heel in PWG sucked. Actually, he mostly sucked outside of his initial title reign in 2003. His second title reign is one of my least favorite PWG title reigns. My least favorite comes in 2005 though.

UK Kid was a fairly decent talent, but the idea of giving him the mic before every match was a terrible one.

I heard some good things about Quance but never actually seen his work, I have to wonder though if wrestling fans think he was good because we only got a taste of him before he left for the military? We always love people more when they leave us wanting more.

Maybe he only has this great reputation because he wasn't around long enough to suck, but idk. Personally, I think Quance could have been one of the better indy talents of the 2000's had he stuck around. Even his one off return against Joey Ryan at The Gentle Art of Making Enemies (Early 2009) was pretty good for a guy who hadn't wrestled for five years.

Reaction score
Free Admission (Just Kidding)
November 13, 2004

1890.jpg

Due to PWG having problems with either the filming or creation of the DVD's, the first three matches doesn't have any live audio. Disco Machine and Excalibur are still commentating on the second audio track, but regardless there is zero crowd reaction, ring sounds or anything else. Due to that, the matches were pretty boring so I just bypassed them. The matches were:

- Excalibur and Disco Machine def Los Rojo Locos with the Locos being unmasked to be the Ballard Brothers.
- Puma defeating Tony Stradlin for his sixth straight win
- Havana Pitbulls def Hook Bomberry and Apollo Kahn

Minus Stradlin vs Puma, I don't really care much about skipping them.

Frankie Kazarian (c) vs Super Dragon - PWG World Title
Damn, even facing Super Dragon, Kazarian still can't get in the main event. Without Babi Slymm, I'm wondering if Slymm is officially gone from the company. Super Dragon beating the shit out of Kazarian is good fun. Frankie has an especially off night by botching a few moves and looking like he's accidentally hurting Dragon a few times. Super Dragon proves he can suck too by putting on one shittastic Curb Stomp. Thanks to having a long match (Nearly 25 minutes) they manage to produce something that wasn't always bad. With Super Dragon going over, PWG has a champion who can be in main events and can be relied on to have the best match of the night. However, it's still one of Dragon's weaker matches up to this point. 2 3/4 Stars.

Christopher Daniels vs Jack Evans
A great mixture of comedy and actual action. There's a reason why this was picked to be a part of PWG Sells Out Vol. 1. The comedic first half has plenty of laughs while Evans pulls of some amazing spots in the second half. I dig the idea of Evans' spots getting the best of him and costing him the match by missing the 630 splash. The thud of Jack crashing to the mat hurts just seeing it. Daniels finishes him with a back breaker and the BME. The only real criticism is that it's a little too long. Shave off five minutes and it would have been perfect for what it was. 3 1/2 Stars.

Kevin Steen vs El Generico
The PWG debut of both men. They were booked in a tag match against Aerial Express (****, that sounds awesome), but AXP missed the show for some unknown reason. Last minute booking changes this into a singles match. Most of the match is just Steen getting heat on Generico. However, Steen is incredible. He quickly forms a connection with the fans and has them more into him than nearly everyone else on the card. Right away, they establish Generico as the fighting underdog and Steen as the asshole egomaniac. It's that ego that gets the best of Steen, costing him the match. Watch this and you'll know why PWG decided to push Steen so hard and quickly. 3 1/2 Stars.

Bryan Danielson vs Scott Lost
Damn, where's Bosh? It's not a good day for Lost. The poor guy gets his ass kicked for twenty minutes. Such highlights include multiple kicks, chops, an airplane spin all around the outside of the ring and even being dumped in a garbage can. Lost's strategy is straight out of a wrestling video game. You have the game set on the highest difficult level and the guy is just kicking your ass. Anytime you're able to lock in a hold or hit a move, you don't know how long it'll be until you're able to do it again. So every move you do is something of high impact. It's going to be a long fight, but if you can survive long enough, sooner or later all of those big moves will take a lot out of your opponent. Lost uses his kicks and Superman spears to suppress the attacks. However, for Lost, it just wasn't enough when Danielson makes him tap with an unique crossface using his (Danielson's) legs instead of arms to pull back on the head. This was just awesome. It may not be among Danielson's best in ROH, but it'd fit in perfectly with his non-MOTYC's. 3 3/4 Stars.

amdrag.gif

Overall
Despite the technical issues to scrap the first three matches, you're left with about an hour and a half of some great action. Super Dragon loses his claim to having the MOTN, the title remains in the Dragon name with Danielson kicking ass. The only match that was a disappointment was the PWG Title match, but even that wasn't bad. The big development for the show is the new PWG Champion after months of Kazarian dragging down the title and the debut of Kevin Steen and El Generico. It'd take Generico a little while to make an impact, but he'd eventually be a huge PWG star. As for Steen, it's almost time to start the PWG 2005 feud of the year. Don't pay full price for this due to the DVD issues, but it's worth the money if you buy it for sale at Highspots.

Worth Checking Out
Jack Evans vs Christopher Daniels
Kevin Steen vs El Generico
Bryan Danielson vs Scott Lost

Avoid
Super Dragon vs Kazarian (There's no need to watch one of Dragon's weaker 2004 matches)

Reaction score
Uncanny X-Mas
December 18, 2004

1804.jpg

Human Tornado and Ronin vs Excalibur and Top Gun Talwar
For some odd reason, PWG's site lists Disco Machine as Excalibur's partner on the DVD page. I'm guessing it's one of those "It's not PWG unless there's a last minute change", but not fixing the DVD page? That's just lazy. This is the best showcase of Ronin. Tornado works 90% of the match, leaving Ronin only to get in a handful of moves. Plenty of comedy between Tornado and Talwar. Such highlights include Top Gun biting Tornado, Tornado tempting Top Gun with some Chipotle and Tornado Irish Whipping Top Gun outside and Talwar ending up missing. For an opening match with a severe lack of talent, this was as enjoyable as it was going to be. Tornado gets the win with DND. 2 1/2 Stars.

Christopher Daniels vs Tony Stradlin
Since I skipped the Perkins match, this is the first real chance to see if Stradlin can tear the house down with another talented worker. PWG head...uh...that one Asian dude lets Stradlin know that since he's 0-3, if he loses again, he's out of PWG. Why couldn't this have happened to Ronin? Funny moment early on when the crowd chants for referee Patrick Hernandez. Daniels focuses his entire attack on the back and stomach of Stradlin. Simple, yet effective story with the babyface Stradlin cheating due to the high stakes of the match. Since he can't pull the hair of Daniels, he settles on pulling at the ears. I applaud. Stradlin manages to get in all of his trademark spots, which are still impressive for a big man. Despite in pain, Stradlin surprises Daniels with a Kofi Kingston-like SOS for the victory. The finish sucks with how out of nowhere it was, but the match was pretty solid. Stradlin definitely had some real potential, shame it went to waste. A better match structure and this would have been a hidden gem. 3 1/2 Stars.

Austin Aries vs Chris Hero
Aries is six days away from the biggest win of his life. This is Hero's second (?) PWG match. He lost against Super Dragon, which is pretty much the one loss that can never hurt you in PWG. Aries gets instant heat for saying he doesn't like Christmas. Just another reason for me to love old school Aries. Good match with both men working their ass off. However, this is Hero in 2004, so it's not as good as you'd imagine when you know he's working hard. They managed to tell a story with Hero working over the knee of Aries for most of the match. Aries sold the knee even though it didn't prevent him from hitting his usual spots. It did last a little longer I would have preferred. 3 1/2 Stars.

Aerial Xpress vs Kevin Steen and El Generico
The match that was supposed to happen at Free Admission (Just Kidding). Despite this only being Steen and Generico's second PWG match, they both have clearly defined characters. Generico is the fun loving babyface whereas Steen is the asshole heel. Steen ends up being the clear star of the match. He's constantly yelling at Generico when he's not on the offense and refuses to work in double team moves. There's one point when he shoves Generico out of the way and pummels both members of AXP on his own. The match breaks down into your usual spotty all four men action, but they add in a little story with Steen/Generico having communication problems. AXP picks up the win with Scorpio Sky pinning Steen with a backslide. Even though AXP was PWG's top babyface tag team at the time, the booking didn't do them any favors. Sure, they won, but anyone watching could tell that Steen was above and beyond the best wrestler (Kayfabe) in the match. A little luck just gave AXP the win. After the match, Dino Winwood as Santa gives Generico a flannel shirt for Christmas. Through some pleading by Generico, Winwood gives Steen one of his own. To show his appreciation, Steen attacks Generico, laying him out with the package piledriver. God damn Steen is AWESOME. The post-match events alone bumps this up a quarter of a star. 3 3/4 Stars.

Super Dragon (c) vs Jonny Storm - PWG World Title
Dragon's first PWG Title defense. Ironically, it's right in the middle of the card when it seemed as if Dragon getting the title would finally allow the title to be defended in the main event. I've accepted the fact that Dragon has to take some beatings. If you're going to have an hour long match against Joey Ryan, you need to sell some of the time, otherwise, it's the world's longest squash match. Dragon selling for Samoa Joe? Also just fine. Samoa Joe's a pretty big dude, it makes perfect sense. But for Jonny Storm? For fucks sake, Dragon's character is so inconsistent. The first third of the match sucks due to Storm flipping and flopping around for every move. When the guy is hitting his spots, they're mostly sloppy and he botches half of them. The second third picks up and entertains me by sheer force. Tons of mat wrestling with both men getting in the advantage. However, it goes downhill with Storm, the puny 5 foot 7, barely over 170 pounds, hits Dragon's own Curb Stomp and Dragon just lets him. Holy shit, beat the fuck out of him! Make him pay for it. Don't act like it's just some run of the mill move. Dragon wins a little later on with a middle rope Blue Thunder Bomb that looked like shit. Luckily, I really loved the middle third of the match with all of the mat wrestling. It saved the match. Still, at nearly thirty minutes, it's way too long of a match that should have been under ten minutes. 3 Stars.

After the match, everyone's minds are blown as Super Dragon runs out and attacks...Super Dragon? The red Super Dragon nails the Psycho Driver on the PWG World Champion green Super Dragon and leaves while giving the finger to everyone. The fans seem convinced that red Super Dragon is Joey Ryan. Pretty logical guess since the last we saw of Ryan, he had been injured by Dragon in the Iron Man Match. This red Super Dragon is a million times better than the green Super Dragon. I suppose you could say red Super Dragon is AWESOME.

Colt Cabana vs Spanky w/Knuckles
I haven't a clue as to who Knuckles is. Just by standing on the outside, he looks like a pretty big fucker though. Cabana reads off a list of his Chanukah presents. Such gifts include a ticket to this event, the complete Woody Allen DVD collection, a Barry Horowitz action figure and an audio recording of what went down in Mr. McMahon's office the day Spanky was fired. As a result, Spanky's the automatic heel in the match. This is during Spanky's first year away from the WWE when he spent most of it in Japan, but came back to America to have random one time matches in TNA, ROH and PWG. Most of the match is alright, but nothing special. Things go downhill quickly after Rick Knox is punched out accidentally by Cabana. This allows Knuckles to come in and accidentally nail Spanky. Some comedy follows with both Knuckles and Cabana trying to resuscitate Spanky. Knuckles ends up sucking beyond belief. As a result, I'm completely taken out of the match. They stumble til the finish with Cabana winning with a block of a roll up. On paper, this looked like it'd be really good and funny, but it just bombed. I don't know who Knuckles is, but the guy was fucking horrible. 1 3/4 Stars.

Arrogance (c) vs Havana Pitbulls - PWG Tag Team Titles
Now that Kazarian isn't PWG champion and Babi Slymm, Brad Bradley and Vander Pyle are all gone from the company, does that mean that the First Family is already done? Not that it matters, they were doomed from the start. The commentators claim that the Havana Pitbulls demanded a title shot after their win against Hook Bomberry and Apollo Kahn at the last show. Hardly a meaningful win, however; Pittbulls have already defeated Aerial Xpress, The Iron Saints in addition to a few other tag and Reyes' singles wins. So they deserve a title shot. Fun match early on with Bosh being dominated by the Pitbulls before Arrogance finally takes over. This works up to an amazingly lack of heat tag to Reyes. With Scott Lost ready to hit a Pitbull with a title, Aerial Xpress runs out and attacks Arrogance, drawing the DQ. This leads into the babyface vs babyface brawl between Pitbulls and AXP. This last several minutes. The finish is TERRIBLE. It didn't even feel like the end before Lost was ready to use the belt. As a result, AXP cost Reyes/Romero the belts when it wasn't already a lost cause. The storyline was good, but the execution was heavily flawed. The post-match events does make me want to see the Havana Pitbulls vs AXP though. Due to the finish, it kills any chance of this match being worth checking out. 2 3/4 Stars.

Samoa Joe vs Bryan Danielson
The conclusion to the minor feud that was overshadowed by nearly every feud. Back at Kee_ The _ee Out Of Our _ool!, Joe and Danielson lost to the Ballard Brothers due to personal problems. This lead to Joe attacking Danielson. The two would have a GREAT match at The Musical at the next show, but it would end in a thirty minute draw. At the end, Ricky Reyes came out to stop the brawling, but Reyes turned on Danielson. This would lead to a tag match with Joe and Reyes vs Danielson and Christopher Daniels at the anniversary show, Reason for the Season. The Daniels would get the win, but only by Danielson beating Reyes. The question of who was better between Danielson and Joe was still an unanswered question. Nice long match at over twenty minutes. Danielson struggled to get Joe up for a surfboard, so he's forced to try different strategies. Great point near the end when Joe tries to win by count-out, just as he did against Super Dragon. PSYCHOLOGY~! Danielson looks to have the match won following an airplane spin, but he's equilibrium is so messed up that it takes him too long to get to the top rope for the missile dropkick. This allows Joe to pull Danielson down from the top rope right into a Muscle Buster to get the win. It's your typical Danielson/Joe greatness, but it's not as good as The Musical. Still, it's a worthy way to end the year for PWG, culminating the feud of an underrated feud. 3 3/4 Stars.

Overall
This was shaping up to be a show even better than ROH's Final Battle 2004. However, things begin to fall apart with the PWG title match. They still manage to end the show on a high note, but poor booking kept this show from being one of the better ones in history. With 2004 ending, things are looking up from the start of 2004. The tag team division is full of teams that are actually full time teams instead of the short term teams such as Quicksilver/Chris Bosh. The highlight of the show (Even more so than anyone could have known in December 2004) was Kevin Steen. The guy has only been around for two shows, but he's the highlight of the company for me at this point. There's a few matches worth checking out, but you might as well skip half as well.

Worth Checking Out
Tony Stradlin vs Christopher Daniels (Especially if you've never seen Stradlin wrestle before)
Kevin Steen and El Generico vs Aerial Express
Debut of red Super Dragon
Bryan Danielson vs Samoa Joe

Avoid
Spanky vs Colt Cabana

Reaction score
Card Subject To Change
January 22, 2005

1692.jpg

Disco Machine announces that due to injuries, he's going to take it easy for awhile. Since commissioner Paul T is not here tonight, Disco was named Junior Executive Commissioner for the night. Best part? It counts as a credit for college! Disco Machine is willing to make all of the tough decisions, even if it involves his friends.

Excalibur, Top Gun Talwar and Supa Badd vs Ballard Brothers and Ronin
This is the second time Excalibur and Talwar are teaming up. The best I can gather is that Supa Badd didn't realize that his buddies, Los Rojos Locos, were the Ballard Brothers all along. So once they revealed their true identity, Badd no longer sees them as friends. Ronin was on the opposite team from Excalibur and Talwar at the last show, so there's a little something there too. I'm looking far too into the backstory though. I doubt PWG intended on it meaning a lot. The lack of talent was really showcased with a sloppy and messy six man. They managed to keep things exciting by always having action, but exciting doesn't always mean good. It wasn't horrible, that's about all I can say. Ballards get the win over Excalibur in what I'd consider an upset. 1 1/2 Stars.

After the match, Excalibur turns on Top Gun Talwar and threatens to nail him with a chair. When Disco Machine climbs in the ring to stop him, Excalibur punches his Team SBS partner out. Disco Machine suspends Excalibur for the next show. ANGLE~!

Tony Stradlin vs Colt Cabana
For an undercard match, it has a pretty good story. Cabana's all fun and games until Stradlin injures Cabana's knee with a sort of Indian Deathlock, only Stradlin uses his arms to lock in the hold. Colt becomes super serious and channels his inner American Dragon. Cabana does all of the stiff mat wrestling that Dragon is known for and even includes the grunts. Colt goes for the Colt .45, but Stradlin counters it into his SOS-like pin to pick up his second straight win. Honestly, the more I see of Stradlin, the more I wonder how he didn't make it in the WWE. The guy had some serious promise. Even though it's not quite as good as the Daniels match, this is my favorite Stradlin match to date. 3 1/4 Stars.

B-Boy vs Human Tornado
B-Boy kills Tornado. Honestly, that's all this match is. Just one brutal shot after another by B-Boy. The storyline is similar to something along the lines of Bryan Danielson vs Jack Evans. The underdog just gets his ass kicked, but earns respect. It went on a little longer than it had to, but it's still an enjoyable match. Tornado's selling during the entire bout is fantastic. Even when he has hope spots, he's holding a body part in pain. This match shows that while Tornado's perfect for comedy matches, he has potential to be used in much more important roles. 3 Stars.

tornado2.gif

Aerial Xpress vs Havana Pitbulls
Built up from the previous month. Winners here get a tag title shot at the next show. Brawl to start the match, it's a few minutes until the bell finally rings. Almost all of the match is Reyes playing the face-in-peril. AXP are the "Heels" for the match. Personally, I would have had the Pitbulls as the heels. Dino Winwood gets in some good comedy from the outside, but it's all serious inside the ring. Romero gets the tag and goes on a kicking spree on both members of AXP. Scorpio Sky surprises Romero with a roll up in the corner and grabs the ropes for extra leverage to get the pin. For the second straight Havana Pitbulls match, the finish sucks. The cheating was right in front of the ref, it was out of nowhere and the match had barely even got going before it was finished. The actual action was awesome, but I want to see a good 20-25 minute match between these two teams. Not counting the pre-match brawl, this wasn't even ten minutes. How is it that the opening match gets four minutes longer than this? Throw me a bone, PWG. Tag scene is heating up in PWG though, so that's good. 3 Stars.

Chris Hero vs Bryan Danielson
Danielson has the beard and shaved head, but the beard is a few weeks away from the homeless pedophile look he had going for most of 2005. I miss hobo AmDrag. This is pretty much two matches combined into one. The first half is all comedy with Danielson being made the fool. It's funny, but when you have the Best in the World, you want to see some quality wrestling, not just laughs. The second half may be the best I've seen from Hero pre-ROH. So much of the time is spent working on Danielson's left leg with Danielson selling it like a champ. I'm just loving every moment of the match since the comedy was stopped. Even just climbing up to the top rope is a tough task for Danielson due to the leg. Since Hero can't figure out a way to beat Danielson with his own moves, he uses AmDrag's airplane spin. Danielson no sells it and does one of his one (Selling while doing so might I add). Dragon gets the pin following a small package counter to Hero's small package counter to Danielson's small package. If you remove the early comedy, this might give Super Dragon/Kevin Steen a run for it's money as being the PWG match of the year. With the comedy, it's just a MOTYC at most. Hands down, there isn't a better series of three matches in PWG than Hero vs Danielson. Every match of theirs is just great. 4 Stars.

Arrogance (c) w/Random Slut vs Los Luchas - PWG Tag Team Titles
Los Luchas are the mystery team to challenge Arrogance. They're not replacing anyone, I guess PWG just didn't feel like announcing Los Luchas. Mystery team > Los Luchas? Arrogance are upset that someone stole their tag titles. Disco Machine doesn't have any idea what happened though. Fairly short match (Yet still longer than Pitbulls/AXP) with Arrogance dominating Los Luchas until the end. Highlight was Bosh shoving a strobe light in the face of Zokre. Phoenix Star was pretty impressive though. Plenty of big spots without botching. Zokre still sucks. Bosh wins with an awesome looking Steiner Screwdriver. Arrogance's record is now at 4 for successful title defenses. They're the only team in the first year of the titles that held the belts for at least 3 successful title defenses. Arrogance looked good, so it didn't matter if I hate Los Luchas. 3 1/4 Stars.

After the match, Frankie Kazarian makes his return to PWG. He's pleased with how well Arrogance has been doing, however; he has issues with their random slut. Kazarian forces Arrogance to choose. It's either him and the First Family or her. After some debating, Arrogance turns on Kazarian and the First Family is officially dead. I'm glad that they gave some real closure on the group. That being said, Arrogance's decision made a lot of sense. Why bother sticking with a faction that every other member just disappeared? Luckily for Arrogance, a better faction will be coming along eventually.

Super Dragon (c) vs Homicide - PWG World Title
With Taboo Tuesday bringing back the concept of fans choosing matches, PWG decided to do one as well. You could vote for who you wanted Super Dragon to defend the title against online. The options were Homicide, Bryan Danielson, B-Boy, Colt Cabana and Chris Hero. Remember all of those great ROH title matches Homicide had? Yeah, this isn't nearly as good. Homicide looked like he didn't care at all about the quality of the match. The booking didn't help either. There's a few times when Homicide tries to win by countout. In a normal match, fine, but in a title match where winning by CO means you're not the champion? It's stupid. Dragon wins with the Psycho Driver. As much as I wanted to see Super Dragon as PWG Champion due to Kazarian's second reign failing, this reign hasn't been very good. I don't know what it is about the PWG Title, but it's cursed at this point. Dragon was better off without the belt. 2 Stars.

Overall
Card Subject to Change is easily the most underrated show in PWG history. If you head over to the PWG board, a large percentage of their posters would consider this to be the worst show ever. The main event and opening match sucks, but everything in between is good. Hero vs Danielson tore the place down while the tag team scene continued to keep me interested. You have a couple of angles thrown in with Excalibur being suspended and teasing the future issues between Disco Machine and Excalibur. Human Tornado had his breakout match and you could tell he was going to be something special in PWG. Finally, you had the official end of the First Family. As a result, Arrogance can now feud with Frankie Kazarian in addition to the Aerial Xpress. One thing that did really disappoint me was the lack of Kevin Steen and red Super Dragon. It makes this show a non-essential in terms of the biggest storyline of 2005. It's far from a great show, but it's a lot better than the hype will let you believe.

Worth Checking Out
Human Tornado vs B-Boy (For Tornado's coming out party)
Bryan Danielson vs Chris Hero

Avoid
Ballards and Ronin vs Top Gun, Excalibur and Supa Badd
Homicide vs Super Dragon (Looks great on paper)

Reaction score
All Nude Revue
February 12, 2005

1612.jpg

Frankie Kazarian vs Tony Stradlin
Stradlin's ready to prove that his last two wins weren't a fluke. If he can get a win over Kazarian, he'll earn himself a title shot. In the pre-match promo, Stradlin mentions how he had never beaten Kazarian before. Uhh...the entire story of Stradlin's debut against Kazarian was that Kazarian had never beaten him. I get that Stradlin is now a heel while the Arrogance turn has made Kazarian a face, but you don't always need to make the heel look like the one against all odds. Decent match follows with Stradlin hitting one of his two cool moves. Arrogance comes out late in the match to distract Kazarian for an easy roll up win for Stradlin. This would end up being Stradlin's last PWG match before being signed by the WWE. Thanks to the lame finish, it's also his worst match. His first match against Kazarian had some major problems, but it was still pretty fun. This was just mindless fighting until the finish out of nowhere. Kazarian continues to struggle to put on anything meaningful. At least there's the new Arrogance feud to rely on. 2 Stars.

Ricky Reyes vs Roderick Strong
This is Roddy's PWG debut. He's still a few months away from his breakout match against CM Punk, so no one cares too much. What's the deal with his tights? I've never understood what the long black dick shape background for his name on the side of the tights was supposed to be. Strong chops while Ricky kicks. Repeat over the course of the entire match. As a result, the match is a lot of fun. It's hard not to love a match where it looks like they're really beating the shit out of each other. On top of that, there's some good selling by both men. Reyes wins by a roll up since Strong is still a nobody. 3 Stars.

Top Gun Talwar, Hook Bomberry and Los Luchas vs Human Tornado, Ronin and Ballard Brothers
So...much...crap. Tornado's left arm is in a sling, so I guess that great selling against B-Boy was more realistic that I thought. :lol: Tornado's so fucking over though. Even though no one else besides Top Gun and Tornado got a reaction, the reaction for Tornado was big enough that PWG would have been stupid to not push him. Even with the injury, Tornado's the star of the match, mixing in comedy and one arm attacks. Top Gun lives up to the "All Nude Revue" name by putting on a Rear Naked Choke...with his tights down. After an exciting end with everyone hitting their big move, Bomberry forces Tornado to tap out with an arm bar on Tornado's hurt arm. I can't say I'm thrilled that Tornado lost, but it made perfect sense. All of these multi-men matches with Ballards seem to run together. It's a step up from the six man at Card Subject to Change, but it's still a match for mostly bad workers. Give Tornado some quality opponents! 2 1/4 Stars.

Alex Shelley vs El Generico
PWG debut for Alex Shelley. On paper, this looks beyond awesome. However, it's just a series of moves without any real story. Sadly, the moves aren't too exciting. Even more disappointing is that I believe this is their only singles match ever. Shelley gets the random win with a DDT variation causing Generico to go 1-2 in PWG. Check out MCMG vs Cape Fear from Self Titled to see some great Generico/Shelley action in PWG. 2 Stars.

Kevin Steen vs Christopher Daniels
PWG without Kevin Steen would be one depressing place. Steen carries the match with his small comedy, asshole tendencies and working over the neck of Daniels. All Daniels has to do is not fuck up. It's not the great match that they could have, but it's more than good enough for the position on the card. Due to arguing with Rock Knox, Steen ends up losing with a La Magistral cradle. Perfectly acceptable quality wrestling once against from Steen. 3 1/4 Stars.

After the match, Steen attacks Daniels, showing his frustration and viciousness. It takes Hook Bomberry and Top Gun Talwar to pull him off. Steen demands a match next month with the two men who he hates the most - Daniels and El Generico. Disco Machine comes out and agrees to put it on, only with one addition. Next month will be Kevin Steen vs El Generico vs Christopher Daniels vs AJ Styles~! Daniels is not pleased. YAY~! Crossover promotional feuds are fun.

Arrogance (c) vs Aerial Xpress - PWG Tag Team Titles
Arrogance has already dumped the random slut. Disco Machine talks with Arrogance before the match, admitting the their tag titles are gone. He has a solution to the problem though. Disco presents Arrogance with two regular belts and a bunch of bananas (Get it? They're a Guerrilla company, muah.) This doesn't please Arrogance though. Onto the match, it's pretty slow going. It takes awhile, but you eventually get some great face-in-peril work by Scorpio Sky. Just like in their Use Your Illusion IV match, Arrogance cheats every chance they get. Once Quicksilver gets the tag, things heat up with all four men hitting their moves. At the end, Bosh gets a roll up pin on Sky with Lost holding the hands for extra leverage. Of their three matches together, it's easily the weakest match. However, it's still solid action and it makes me want to see them in another match. PWG is finally building up a tag feud that means something. 3 1/2 Stars.

After the match, Scorpio Sky attacks the ref and throws chairs all around the ring. It's a good showcase of how the frustration is slowly changing Scorpio. Meanwhile, Quicksilver isn't as upset and seems to have some genuine concern for the referee. Good foreshadowing of future events.

Super Dragon (c) vs Samoa Joe - PWG World Title
The second match of their trilogy. Joe Vs. Punk II this is not. However, it's a step back in the right direction for Super Dragon. Not only is he in the main event, but he manages to pull off the match of the night. I realize that Davey Richards probably got his "I must nearly be counted out in every match" idea from Super Dragon. It seems like Dragon gets in the spot every match. It's that fear of being counted out that serves as the story of the trilogy. I have mixed feelings on the finish of Dragon winning by count-out. On one hand, it's a story and it succeeds in keeping interest going into a third match without either man really winning. On the other hand, it's a count-out. Who wants to see a count-out in a main event? I don't know what I would have done, but there has to be a better way to accomplish their goal, but have a less insulting finish. The crowd made it perfectly clear, they don't like being screwed over like this. We'd eventually get the finish, but in a vastly less entertaining match. Of the trilogy, this is the best match. Like I said though, it manages to get Dragon's title reign back on track. 3 3/4 Stars.

After the match, the red Super Dragon comes out and Curb Stomps the real Super Dragon. Disco Machine runs out and runs the fake SD out of the ring.

Extras
Normally I don't comment on these, but Frankie Kazarian cuts a short interview where he promises to bring in a partner for a tag match at the next show. The mystery partner knows Arrogance very well...

Overall
On paper, this show looked really great. However, most of the matches failed to be as good as I was expecting. Stradlin vs Kazarian isn't as good as their previous match, Arrogance vs AXP isn't as good as their previous or next match and Generico vs Shelley was a bore. There are some positives though. Dragon vs Joe was their best match together, Steen continues to entertain, storyline advancement in the AXP/Arrogance feud and another red Super Dragon appearance. If your expectations aren't too high, you should enjoy the show. If you're like me, you're left disappointed to some degree. I prefer Card Subject to Change over this.

Worth Checking Out
Arrogance vs Aerial Xpress
Samoa Joe vs Super Dragon
Ricky Reyes vs Roderick Strong (If you're into a hard hitting match)

Avoid
Tony Stradlin vs Frankie Kazarian
El Generico vs Alex Shelley