Hardcore Holly to Release Autobiography

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Former WWE star Bob “Hardcoreâ€￾ Holly has announced plans for an autobiography, The Hardcore Truth. He promises to share stories no one else will tell.

“My book will be different because it’s about my life pre-WWE days and my perspective of the wrestling business,â€￾ Holly told SLAM! Wrestling. “I will talk about things no one has dared to talk about. It will be written in a very unique style thanks to Ross Williams who I’ve chosen to write my story.

“I believe this book will be an interesting and entertaining read. You will definitely want to read this book not only for what I am going to share but the exceptional brilliant style of writing Ross uses when putting words on paper.â€￾

The Hardcore Truth in expected to be released next spring. It will include stories on Cody Rhodes, Undertaker, Jeff Jarrett, Jerry Lawler, Triple H, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, The Rock and Vince McMahon, among others.

I have always thought that Hardcore Holly was a dick and a bully and I am sure that he won't hold back in this book. I would question how much is true in there but it should create a lot of controversy whatever he writes in there. I can't see him being too nice about many people.

Would you buy a Hardcore Holly autobiography?

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't know much about Hardcore Holly before his days in the WWE. First I saw of him was the feud with Brock Lesnar, who I'm sure is among the group of people he's going to lace into. As you said, much of it will need to be taken with a grain of salt but either way, I think it'll be interesting to see his opinion on things. As long as he's brutally honest with reason and not doing it for controversy's sake just to do it, that is.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It will be interesting to hear his background and see how he made his way into the WWE. I am interested in hearing his thoughts on the Holly Cousins and working with Crash because it was an odd gimmick. He will unleash on Lesnar and I wonder what he will say about Rhodes because they did team together for a while until Rhodes teamed with DiBiase. I want to hear his side of the story on Tough Enough and how he was brutal with some of the rookies.

I am a fan of wrestling books so I will keep an eye out on this and will read some reviews. I don't like him but as you said it may be interesting enough if he is brutally honest about everything and doesn't bend the truth too much.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
He is a asshole from everything I have ever heard so I'm sure a lot of this will be biased and blown out of proportion. With that said it still sounds like an intriguing read.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think I will give it a miss, besides his attitude problems, I just never thought he came across that interesting as a wrestler or personaity. I guess if I hear good things then I might check it out, but won't be rushing out for it.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I think I will read this but I doubt im actually going to pick it up for a few years. To be honest can't really see this selling well

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
I will find a place to read this. Knowing Hardcore I doubt some of the stuff he say will be true. Yet though like Shawn Michaels says there is always opinions so we will have to wait and see.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
While I'm in agreement that he wasn't the best of guys. He was a WWE trainer for years so that says something about his abilities. He was burnt by WWE not saying without reason but he was upset when it happened. I think the book is gonna be 50% bullshit 50% truth its just figuring out which is which that will be hard.

I'll buy it just to play detective. I'm sure my opinion of him wont change a helluva lot But every man has the right to tell his side.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm looking forward to not reading this.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't understand a lot of the hate for Hardcore Holly. He's like a mean Uncle that works so hard for so little. He was one of the hardest workers in WWE when he was there. He always did what needed to be done and he took his midcard act like man. Yeah, he's probably a hard ass in person though. I think he has every right to be especially to antagonizing, obnoxious fans in public who start this stuff.

This book sounds like a great read in my estimation and if I find it for a buck fifty in 10 years at a Thirft Store I'd gladly buy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'd give the book a read. Wouldn't go out and buy it RIGHT when it comes out but it could be intresting.