Green Day Begin Work on New Album

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
main.jpg

Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong announced in a tweet today that his band have hit the studio to begin work on their next album. "Happy Valentine's Day! Officially started recording the new record today. It's FUCK TIME!!!!" Armstrong wrote. It is unclear whether or not the album will actually be called FUCK TIME!!!! – but hey, fingers crossed.

Green Day have performed several new songs in recent concerts, most notably at a Halloween-themed gig for hardcore fans at the 300-capacity Studio at Webster Hall in Manhattan back in October. The songs performed at that show, such as "Wow, That's Loud" and "Make Out Party," were described by Rolling Stone's Erica Futterman as a departure from the band's more politically-minded records American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, with more straightforward lyrics focused on aggression, sex and pleasure.

Rollingstone

Never was a huge fan, just a few songs I liked, see what they can come up with I guess

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'd love if they could leave the political stuff behind for this album.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'd love it if they stopped making crappy music.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I'd love if they could leave the political stuff behind for this album.

I agree. The last album was total garbage because of it. I have been a fan for a long time, but really, it is time to leave the punk rock scene behind. When you're in your 40's and have a lot of money, there is no point in it.

I will end up buying whatever they put out though. Yes, I am dumb sometimes.