Greatest WWE Superstar of All Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
In this thread discuss who you think is the greatest wwe superstar of all time and give reasons.

I think it's Shawn michaels. The guy could do it all. He could cut a
promo and get the crowd to despise him or love him. But he could wrestle. His match with Bret hart at wrestlemania 12 was epic. When he won the WWF title it was a feel good moment. He put stone cold over to make stone cold won of the best. And to close out his career he had fantastic matches with 'taker at wrestlemania. Let's not forget the ladder match with razor Ramon at wrestlemania 10 and his rivlary with triple h. He was amazing in every way. He was the biggest showoff ever of his looks and his wrestling. And he could back it up.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I'd probably have to agree with you with Shawn Michaels. He had so many amazing matches over his illustrious career and he never failed to steal the show. His matches with Taker at WM 25 and 26 were fantastic and got the crowd off his feet. He battled through a back injury where people thought he would never wrestle again and he just got better. He was excellent.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
You said WWE so, I will take it as WWE. Shawn Michaels is certainly not the best WWE wrestler that there has been. Maybe in the history of the company but, the WWE should only count to 2002.

JBL. This man made his way from a tag team wrestler to a main eventer with ease. He was pushed in a space of two months and had no problem carrying a show. He carried the SmackDown main event scene for roughly 10 months and carried a feud with Taker. He also created The Cabinet, a very weak stable on paper and turned them into a force to be reckoned with in professional wrestling.
After losing the title, he still stayed how he was. Cutting bad ass promos and making every storyline he was involved in interesting. His work with Shawn Michaels towards the end of his career was one of the best angles Raw has seen in a long time. He is, in my opinion, well deserving and though he is usually underrated you cannot deny that heat followed this man wherever he went.

Most notable feuds;

Eddie Guerrero. The starting point in his heel turn, very entertaining. If any of you guys have never seen their match at Judgement Day 2005 you have to watch this. Not in a long time have I seen such emotion put into a wrestling match. One of the few main events that finished in a DQ where I didn't mind because of the quality of the match.

[video=youtube;t7gmxaE8fgo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7gmxaE8fgo[/video]
[video=youtube;8XDOYm7YTx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XDOYm7YTx4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]
[video=youtube;x9cztlIwQSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9cztlIwQSw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

The Undertaker. This feuded cemented JBL as a main eventer and a capable world champion. JBL's character stayed so resourceful throughout that he was one of the few men to face the Undertaker and to not be a huge underdog. The Last Ride match at No Mercy from this feud was great to watch too. JBL kept the belt during the feud, this put him over as one of the WWE's finest. At this stage, I felt that he had surpassed Triple H and became the strongiest heel in the company.
[video=youtube;e-_yCxVFhKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-_yCxVFhKE[/video]
[video=youtube;tRTOJaBA4lw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRTOJaBA4lw[/video]

Shawn Michaels. One of the best angles that Raw has seen in years. This feud showed off JBL's character off to a new generation of fans, needless to say that the little kids in the audience couldn't bare to see HBK being bullied by JBL. Great twists throughout and a few good matches came as a result of the feud. Not to mention that we seen some of JBL at his finest during promos.
[video=youtube;oyoL-oiyXC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyoL-oiyXC4[/video]

In case you didn't know I'm a huge JBL mark. Chris Jericho was an honorable mention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Strictly in the WWE era one could argue Michaels was the guy, though he's got nothing Hogan, Piper or Savage.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Strictly in the WWE era one could argue Michaels was the guy, though he's got nothing Hogan, Piper or Savage.

His better days were in the WWF. Though he was great between 2002 and 2004.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
It really depends on what qualities people take into consideration when determining who the greatest is.

Being the greatest doesn't necessarily mean you had to be a god in the ring. Some people made a huge impact on the sport without having 'the whole package'. I am biased so I will always say Piper is the best ever. He was never the most amazing man in the ring, though he has had a lot of great matches, but the fact that he could so much as simply hold a mic in his hand and have the attention of literally every single person in the building is something not a lot of people can do. No one has really ever come close to Piper's level when it comes to things like that. Even now when he shows up, it could be the most boring show ever but when he comes out, he gives that energy off and grabs people's attention.

Some of the shit that comes out of that man's mouth is just pure genius.

Max Lavoix

Reaction score
Best All-Around: Shawn Michaels
Best Big Man: The Undertaker
Best Heel: Triple H
Best Face: Hulk Hogan
Most Badass: Steve Austin

Max Lavoix

Reaction score
That's just my opinion though... and I had to put Stone Cold somewhere... he has always been my favorite.

CC316

Reaction score
i will say, Stone Cold Steve Austin,he broke attendance,merchandise,ppv buys records,huge raitings,best on the mic,before his neck injury was a great wrestler,the best in the mic,not like the rock who cut scripted promos,he is the man

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I would say Hulk Hogan is probably the greatest Superstar ever for the WWE. In the 1980s, he pretty much was wrestling and will always be that name people relate to wrestling. The man sold tons of merchandise and had mad drawing power. I would put Stone Cold right behind Hogan and, if Austin's neck would have never been injured (and he could stop whippin' his wife's ass) who knows how far he could have went. Not to mention Austin put on some great matchs (watch his WCW work with Steamboat and many more) when he was around.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Is this just WWE or WWE/WWF? The question doesn't explain it well.

I'd give JBL for WWE because the majority of WWE main eventers aren't near his level.

Hogan/Austin for all time because both defined an important era in wrestling.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I have to go back to the 80's as it was Hogan who took said company to new heights. Without Hogan we don't have SCSA or The Rock, or anyone for that matter. If bruno was around in his prime in the 80's I would say him as I think he would have the same drawing power as Hogan. Not only did Hogan help make the company what it is today, the others in that time helped make Hogan what he was then. Macho Man, Piper, bobby the brain, and Andre helped to establish Hogan too. It was a conglomerate back then with Hogan carrying the WWF flag everywhere until the steriod trial.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk