1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Global Wrestling Network (GWN) Available Now!

Discussion in 'Wrestling News & Rumors' started by Smarkslayer, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

My biggest problem with current Impact is they've changed their name 4 times in 6 months and changed their name only a month ago after creating new belts under the old name. It screams amateur hour.

2. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Does subscribing to this include free pizza? :cenalol

3. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

If you live near their pizzeria I imagine.

4. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Only Impact they make is on your colon :side:

5. Cwalker

Cwalker That's What I Do!

randyorton
    romanreigns
    robertroode
    antoniocesaro
    ajstyles
    jaylethal
    That should be irrelevant if you enjoy the in ring product. I'm enjoying watching Eli grow as a Champ; guy is good on the stick.

They have tons of talent. A shame Cornette couldn't stick around cause I think with him and Dutch behind the scenes you had a lot of wrestling knowledge.

Wouldn't do much in terms of ratings cause wrestling just isn't that big of a draw anymore but it would've been quality

6. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

I mean they pushed the GFW name change hard and their streaming service is called Global Wrestling Network, so I think it's a fair criticism that they dumped the GFW name out of the blue.

The name problems is one of many issues. Firing suspending Jarrett didn't help, Cornette issues. They need to get their PPV schedule back on track, etc...

I'm surprised you're pro TNA since I tried to get some TNA stuff going a few months ago, but it seemed no one was interested.

7. McGrady

McGrady McGrady

ajstyles2
    cmpunk3
    chrisjericho2
    samoajoe
    So what exactly is their name at this point? Impact Wrestling? And they're still going to have their titles named after Global Force? If so, I completely get where you're coming from, that needs to be sorted out immediately.

Smarkslayer likes this.
  8. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

Exactly. They changed their name to Global Force and printed brand new Global Force belts and had Eli Drake win the new belt and then a week later they went back to just being Impact Wrestling. Seems amateurish, right?

I'm not saying the product is bad as I haven't watched since Slamm15, but I'm hoping to catch up with the network.

9. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Gonna hold shows at a pizzeria.

Clearly on the way up.

10. McGrady

McGrady McGrady

ajstyles2
    cmpunk3
    chrisjericho2
    samoajoe
    Well it's nothing that can't be fixed fairly easily. They just have to stick with the name and get all the belt names back in order. On separate note, I do get the feeling they have a pretty thin main event scene right now, and the fact that I'm not a big fan of Lashley, Johnny Impact or EC3 doesn't help matters too much. Eli Drake made a great first impression on me though and I think there's a chance I may come around to EC3. The rest of the roster is pretty damn solid looking though especially from an in-ring performance perspective. It's gonna take a little while for me to properly judge the booking and character development but I really liked all the skits and segments they featured this week. They were pretty well directed and unique in my opinion.

Smarkslayer likes this.
  11. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

EC3 is probably the main reason I watch them anytime I do. Guy has the same It factor Bobby Roode did IMO.

I think it may be time for WWE to snatch him back up.

12. Admin Post
    Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer Tomb Raider

I mean they're not that far off now. Isn't that BFG arena like a 500 seater?

13. Cwalker

randyorton
    romanreigns
    robertroode
    antoniocesaro
    ajstyles
    jaylethal
    2,800. Just checked

Smarkslayer likes this.
  14. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    making all that Canadian money :WOW

Smarkslayer likes this.
  15. Cwalker

randyorton
    romanreigns
    robertroode
    antoniocesaro
    ajstyles
    jaylethal
    For some reason, they've always done better internationally than in the states. They used to do U.K. toyrs every year and they'd sell out nice size arenas

Smarkslayer likes this.