GI Joe: Retaliation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Release Date: 2012-06-29
Starring: Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Joseph Mazzello, Ray Park, Arnold Vosloo, Byung-hun Lee
Directed by: Jon M. Chu
Written by: Rhett Reese , Paul Wernick

Plot Synopsis: The G.I. Joe team faces off against Zartan, his accomplices, and the world leaders he has under his influence.

[YOUTUBE]bSX2oxLdcWA[/YOUTUBE]

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Bit disappointed the majority of the cast from the first film is gone, but the trailer looks decent.

First one was alright, stupid fun.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Although almost all of the cast from the first one is gone, it should still work on the Joes part. What I don't like is no JGL as Cobra Commander. How can you have GI Joe with no Cobra Commander.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Nice version of Seven Nation Army put in there

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Super Bowl spot trailer.

[video=youtube;MFQjb2CUdmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFQjb2CUdmo[/video]

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Well, it looks like we'll be waiting a little longer for this film....

Paramount Pictures has pushed off the release of G.I. Joe: Retaliation. SuperHeroHype reports that the film, which was set for release on June 29th, will now release a full nine months later on March 29th, 2013.

The studio cited 3D conversion as the reason, with Hasbro president Brian Goldner noting, "It is increasingly evident that 3D resonates with movie-goers globally and together with Paramount, we made the decision to bring fans an even more immersive entertainment experience."

However, it has also been noticed that the film is being delayed away from the release of a Hasbro flop, Battleship.
3D conversion might be part of the issue, but as the article mentions, Battleship flopping hard has to have something to do with it as well.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Seriously?

Delaying it nine months just before it's released is rather ridiculous. No one cares about 3D that much.

BTW, surprised Battleship bombed so bad in North America, I think it did decent business over here.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Bit more info:

According to Deadline, G.I. Joe Retaliation was reportedly scoring badly in test screenings, mainly due to Channing Tatum's demise early on in proceedings. A Paramount insider had the following to say about the situation…

"Channing Tatum had a breakout spring, starring in The Vow and 21 Jump Street. In our first screening of the film reaction from audiences was good, but with two big concerns: 1) They didn't like the fact that Channing and The Rock really didn't have any time to develop a friendship before Channing died, and 2) Why wasn't it going to be in 3D? We went back and shot another week with Channing to develop more of his story with The Rock, which made the film play much better. But we didn't have the time to be in 3D."

So basically, the film sucked at testing. Bummer.