GFW heading to South Africa

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
World Wrestling Professionals (WWP) in South Africa had a press conference at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth to announce a partnership with Jeff Jarrett’s Global Force Wrestling. This will result in “WrestleMonster†on February 28. Jarrett wasn’t at the conference and sent a video promo talking about how important the South African market was to GFW. He said he would work the Stadium show and other WWP events. He also teased signing South African wrestlers to GFW.

Other talent announced include Joe E. Legend (Just Joe), British star Erin Angel as well as local talents Tornado, Ananzi, Mr Wrestling, “Kwaito Kid†Zama Njokweni, Nigeria’s Kilimanjaro and India’s Sangram Singh. The only match so far is Legend vs Singh for the vacant WWP Commonwealth Championship.

It was revealed that 50% of the gate would go to “wrestling development†with the idea of building a wrestling school in Port Elizabeth with Zama Njokweni training.
TNAWrestlingNews

Could South Africa potentially be an untapped market for professional wrestling? It is hardly known for it's wrestling. I can only think of Justin Gabriel and Adam Rose who are South African wrestlers. This could hopefully lead to a development in South African wrestling and some more talent coming to the USA.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I wish Jarrett would actually go somewhere with this GFW thing. All these partnerships are nice, but they need to actually result in something down the line.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I wish Jarrett would actually go somewhere with this GFW thing. All these partnerships are nice, but they need to actually result in something down the line.

Exactly. This just all seems like him blowing smoke up everyone's asses. He debuted the GFW brand back in April and outside of announcing these partnerships, what else has been done? No talent roster at all, save for him and his wife, who actually have the nerve to sell photos of themselves on the website! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Exactly. This just all seems like him blowing smoke up everyone's asses. He debuted the GFW brand back in April and outside of announcing these partnerships, what else has been done? No talent roster at all, save for him and his wife, who actually have the nerve to sell photos of themselves on the website! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TBF, it's probably my favourite thing about the company so far. Because Karen has always been such a draw.