1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Future Tournament Ideas

Discussion in 'Tournament 2000: Wrestling Smarks Tag Team Classic' started by Ben, May 20, 2013.

1. Gimmick

Gimmick Childish Tycoon

danielbryan2
    hhh
    If Best Match is picked it'd probably be best to make it WWE only. That way there'd be less of a chance of people voting against matches they haven't seen.

2. We shouldn't be pampering casual fans, we should be showing respect to the people that know their shit.

3. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

ddp
    danielbryan2
    ricflair
    mrperfect2
    thewhyats
    chriscandido
    But then there'd be no Flair/Steamboat and then I'd refuse to participate in the tournament at all.

4. Gimmick

Gimmick Childish Tycoon

danielbryan2
    hhh
    Even if it was just 'Best WWE Match?'

I see what you mean though. Older classics would be OK I'd say, it'd be the modern classic seen around the Independent scene that would be shit on by a lot of people.

5. zigglerHEEL

zigglerHEEL Well-Known Member

I would say the brackets could be divided by promotion (1 WWE bracket, 1 WCW/NWA bracket, 1 TNA/ECW bracket, 1 All others bracket) and then the final 4 would be the winner from each promotion(s)..... problem is, then we are limited to how many WWE and WCW matches make it in to the tournament and we'd most likely be stretching to find enough to fill out the other brackets..

6. Ben

Ben WHAT?

That could work would have to go with 32 per bracket instead of 16 though and up the total field to 128 matches

7. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

That would work. Greatest ever match has to be one of major ones we have yet to have, should be a hard one to call.

8. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Have we done best Wrestlemania's before? If not that would be fun, could pear the early ones with the later ones in the early rounds. I know what my favourites are but would be interesting to see what others thought.

9. Troy

Troy POP! POP!

wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    I think that would be a nice one to run in WrestleMania season. Run it in the month leading up to WM XXX.

10. Nate

Nate Well-Known Member

brethart2
    homicide
    bullyray
    kurtangle
    therock3
    deanambrose
    What about 'The Most Greatest Match Type". ie Ladder Match vs Cage Match, 2 out of 3 Falls Match vs Last Man Standing match, etc.

Voters would judge them based on how great the matches have been booked over the past years, the simplicity of the match gimmick, etc.

Just an idea.

11. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Like that idea too, would be interesting to see how older gimmicks such as the rumble and War Games fared against recent ones.

12. Schmidty

Schmidty ♬ to my ears

bobbyroode2
    antoniocesaro
    romanreigns
    albertodelrio2
    bige
    sheamus2
    Have you done greatest Submission moves yet?

13. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Don't think so, might not be enough to run a tournament on that.

14. Schmidty

Schmidty ♬ to my ears

bobbyroode2
    antoniocesaro
    romanreigns
    albertodelrio2
    bige
    sheamus2
    Ya I guess you are right there.

Have you guys done any of these?

Greatest Heels
    Greatest Gold Chasers (Superstars who never won the world title)
    Greatest Feuds

15. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Don't think so but the gold chasers one has been considered it maybe the next one in fact.