Forum Issues

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Trying to get to the bottom of some issues with the forum. Have noticed as of late there has been issues with page load times and also with the site just timing out where you just lag on the page and eventually it says the site is unavailable.

If any gets these issues please post them here as I implement new features it will help me better determine what steps to take to alleviate the problem completely.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
New software... Since the DNS issue I've had no problem.

TAHowardRocks

Reaction score
I've encountered a couple of problems since returning to this forum. The 1st problem revolves around the fact that I have to be signed into my account in order to view some of my threads and posts. The 2nd problem occurred when I attempted to create a thread earlier this evening and I was automatically signed out of my own account.

SAL

Reaction score
I think there's a big problem with malware on the site. Whenever I try to view the site on my android phone I keep getting weird popups and malware warnings. At least half the time I try to load the page this comes up. I've tried it on a few different mobile browsers but keep getting the same problems.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I have 3 virus programs on my PC and use Chrome I've never gotten a malware warning. Phone is probably being oversensitive to the popups

TAHowardRocks

Reaction score
I tried to post a comment on here a few days ago and I was redirected to an error message that said that I would have to reload the page and when I reloaded the page my entire post was gone. I also tried to create a thread on here last week and I received an error message that said that I did not have permission to create a thread on this forum. I'm going to assume that these error messages that I am receiving has something to do with the new software on this site.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I tried to post a comment on here a few days ago and I was redirected to an error message that said that I would have to reload the page and when I reloaded the page my entire post was gone. I also tried to create a thread on here last week and I received an error message that said that I did not have permission to create a thread on this forum. I'm going to assume that these error messages that I am receiving has something to do with the new software on this site.

There is no "new software". My post with the words new software are me taking a jab at Ben for not implementing it. But money is tight as we have virtually no sponsorship at the moment. There is a post of yours two posts above the post I'm quoting. This seems like a very random issue only you are facing. Perhaps it's your device or your browser.

TAHowardRocks

Reaction score
There is no "new software". My post with the words new software are me taking a jab at Ben for not implementing it. But money is tight as we have virtually no sponsorship at the moment. There is a post of yours two posts above the post I'm quoting. This seems like a very random issue only you are facing. Perhaps it's your device or your browser.
The current device that I'm using is not a top-of-the-line model and it was created 10 years ago so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why this is happening.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The current device that I'm using is not a top-of-the-line model and it was created 10 years ago so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why this is happening.

Your problems sound like poor connection, the site's probably timing out on you. If no one else is having these problems then it's whatever you're using to get on the site.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Was just down for me for about a half hour.

shutupchico

Reaction score
for whatever reason the recent posts in the nba fantasy thread aren't showing up for me... any reason that could be?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
for whatever reason the recent posts in the nba fantasy thread aren't showing up for me... any reason that could be?
The forum was acting up like 24 hours ago but has been fine all day and the new posts seem to be working for me. Try re-logging and clearing your cache if you're still having issues.

shutupchico

Reaction score
i switched the settings to show 40 posts per page, and everything is fine now. thanks.