Fab watches matches and stuff

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
CM Punk vs Raven steel cage match ROH 11/28/03 (my 1st introduction to CM Punk)

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Actually wouldn't mind seeing this match just because of the history surrounding it. Guess this is when Funk was on the slide.

I will add the Chamber of Horrors match to my request list/guilty pleasure list!

Do you happen to have a link to the Flair/Ted match as i can't find it anywhere, also

PHX i'll get to that match as soon as i find the DVD i guess

Reactions: PHX

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a link to the Flair/Ted match as i can't find it anywhere, also

PHX i'll get to that match as soon as i find the DVD i guess

Will see if I can find it, pretty sure I saw it on Youtube.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ECW Living Dangerously 1998 - ECW World TV Championship: Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Tazz

Great build for this, too long for me to write but the video package highlights this beautifully. Bam Bam coming out to welcome to the jungle is awesome. Taz looks like he fresh out of jail lol, this is Bam Bam’s home town and he’s supposed to be a heel but cause he’s from ASBURY PARK! He’s over and Taz gets boooo’ed. First few minutes ruled as they just went right at one another with everything, table break 30 seconds in but I think it was by mistake. Huge powerbomb for two by Bam Bam as he begins to slow down the pace but Taz fuckin’ kills him with a clothesline. They take the fight onto the ramo and TAZ FUCKIN’ T-BONE SUPLEXS HIM OFF THE RAMP AND ONTO THE CONCRETE FLOOR! But Bam Bam gets up like it’s nothing and hits Taz in the back with a chair; they begin to brawl through the crowd. Both men are bumping and killing each other like it nothing :mark: Back in the ring, and Bam Bam hits a DDT followed by a moonsault but it barely touches him so Taz kicks out at one, what a guy. Bam Bam now brings in the already broken table and tires to set it up but it FAILS! Taz counters a powerbomb attempt and drops Bam face first into the table. The crowd is now split ad they chant to choke him out, Taz punches through a piece of the broken table and hits Bam in the face :lmao. More brawling on the outside and into the crowd which last a good amount of time, they finally get back into the ring and Taz locks in the Tazmission and Bam Bam taps with Taz on his back, but the ref is trying to get them out of the ropes and misses it. BAM BAM JUMPS BACKWARDS AND THEY FALL THROUGH THE RING! After about a minute Bam Bam is the first one out, he then pulls Taz out and pins him :mark: FUCKIN’ AWESOME STUFF! Nothing better than seeing two big or power guys just beat the shit out of one another for 15 minutes non-stop no rest holds just violence and two AMAZING spots. ***3/4 - ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH The Conclusion 11/28/2003 - CM Punk vs. Raven (Steel Cage Match)

The match starts on the outside as they brawl around ringside before even getting into the cage. But Punk does roll him inside, and begins to target away on the head. Oh no Gabe is on commentary, fuck this is gonna be a long night. Punk hits the drop toe hold into a folding chair, he goes for another but Raven reverses but as he’s about to hit a drop toe hold of his own Punk counters but running up the chair and springing onto the ropes but as he’s about to hit the triple moonsault Raven picks up the chair and throws it into his face knocking him down, cool spot. Raven hits him in the back with a chair before throwing him into the cage and punk is busted open. Raven is in full control now as he targets the head with high knee lifts shades of MR. Wrestling 2 and but using the chair as a partner slamming his head into it many times, including finally hitting the drop tie hold. Raven locks in a sharpshooter but randomly breaks the hold to drop 15 knees to the back of Punks head lol. Piledriver gets two, as Gabe has been talking about Raven drug habits for the past 2 minutes non-stop. PILEDRIVER ON THE STEEL CHAIR GETS TWO FROM RAVEN. Raven comes charging in with the chair but Punk boots it back into Raven’s head, now he begins to use the chair as a weapon including hitting a side Russian legsweep and the other commentator who is not Gabe says “Look at Punk, doing his best Ric Flair impersonation with all that blood in his hair” :lmao Raven is now busted open as both men throw one another into the cage mesh knocking each other down. Gabe just said this match reminds him of Tully/TA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NO NOT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE. Fuck I missed a good amount of action laughing at that, anyway Punk tries to lock in a sleeper but Raven counters into a back suplex. Punk is up first but Raven hits him with a low blow, now Raven goes to pick Punk up but Punk low blows him. Both men crawl to get out the door but neither can so Punk hits him with an enziguri, Punk climbs the cage but instead of climbing down he goes for a leg drop off the top but he misses. That allows Raven to make a comeback; he picks up a chair and misses the first but on the rebound he connects with Punk’s head. Punk hits the Raven Effect for two, he goes for another but Raven counters by shoving him into the corner. Small package get two by Raven, but Punk comes back with a superkick. Punk is about to climb out of the door but instead he says it’s too easy so he climbs ontop again but Raven crotches him on the door. But as it looks like Raven is about to get out via the door Pun with his feet slams the door into Raven’s head knocking him down allowing Punk to fall to the floor. Hated the ending, the rest was alright but there's just something missing. **3/4

Reactions: PHX

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Fall Brawl 1998 - Raven's Rules: Raven vs. Saturn

Raven's Rules, is just a hardcore match. If Saturn wins, the Flock is disbanded. If Raven wins, Saturn is his slave for the rest of his career. This gets a video package that just shows a whole lot of nothing really. Oh Kanyon is handcuffed at ringside, which is stupid why not just ban him from ringside? Well we all know what’s gonna happen now 8D Raven gets the mic and tells Saturn he’s an embarrassment and this begins his career of servitude, Saturn says this is about honor but Raven has none. If he wins or loses Saturn still has his integrity. I miss Moppy/Concussion Saturn, now that was a gimmick I enjoyed. Opening minutes or so is all Raven as he methodically beats on Saturn until he picks up the pace with quick strikes from 50 different angles, he hits a splash off the top for two. But Raven stops him off with a boot to the mid-section. Saturn hits a suicide dive onto Raven and Lodi. He rolls Raven back in, but Lodi grabs his arm and throws him into the guardrail. Raven now begins to work the mid-section for like 20 seconds but Saturn no-sells it and they do some average back-and-forth action. For a match that has been months in the making with everything on the line it’s lacking so much hate, intensity and violence. This just feels like two below midcard guys having a lengthy TV match that had problems in the past but haven’t wrestled one another in months. Finally after 15 minutes Raven brings in a chair and connects with a drop toe hold onto the chair, the flock now come out with a table and set it up on the outside, Kidman turns on Raven with the missile dropkick lol and now the Flock chase him to the back. Saturn hits the DVD on Raven but Lodi distracts the ref long enough so when the ref does go down for the pin it’s only a two. The crowd finally show some interest by chanting Saturn, huge T-Bone suplex by Saturn as he begins to make his comeback which was solid. RINGS OF SATURN! But Lodi pulls Saturn off and that allows Raven to get back on the offense, low blows Raven and crotches Lodi on the turnbuckle. Raven counters a whip and they bump the ref. Oh shit. Mickey Jay falls right next to Kanyon who promptly steals the handcuff key :lmao Kanyon unlocks himself and hits the Flatliner and drapes Raven and THEN re-handcuffs himself and THEN revives Mickey Jay. LIE! CHEAT! STEAL! Saturn gives Raven another low blow and picks up Lodi and gives him a DVD OFF THE APRON THROUGH THE TABLE! BUT RAVEN JUMPS HIM ON THE WAY BACK IN! EVENFLOW! For two. Saturn drives him into the corner and hoists him up for ANOTHER DVD for the win. The final 3 minutes were fun but the rest was dull and uneventful. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF 11/06/1988 – Brain Busters vs. Young Stallions
Bobby “The Brain” Heenan isn’t at ring-side for this :( Young Stallions coming out to a song sung by Jimmy Hart even though he doesn't manage them :lmao The Young Stallions are Jim Powers and Paul Roma. Arn toys and beats up Powers until all 4 men trade shots with the Stallions win that exchange. Tully/Powers have a small altercation that is won by Powers as he tags in Roma, who hits a dropkick on Tully so he tags Arn in. JESUS! Arn and Tully are putting these kids over huge as they’re barely getting any offense in and it’s all the Stallions taking it to them. Tully tries to leave but Powers brings him back in as they begin to target the legs. But Arn distracts the ref then punches Roma in the face allowing Tully to tag him in. ARN! Now beats on Roma before hitting the SPINEBUSTER! For two, he tags in Tully and it’s the Brain Busters cutting the ring in half even using the outside to beat on Roma which ruled. Brain Busters cheating during every move which was great, I also lived some of the cut off spots with the Brain Busters, a couple minutes past and Roma hits a desperation sunset flip pin but the ref doesn’t count so Tully comes in and kicks him in the head :lmao Roma hits a vertical suplex and hot tags Powers in who takes out both men in a really fun hot tag which lasted a good amount of time. All 4 men in the ring now but as the ref is taking Roma to his corner Tully hits the sunset flip off the top and Arn finishes him off with a elbow to the head for the win. Fun little match, carried by the Busters but I give credit to the Stallions who held their own. **1/2

Spectrum Wrestling, Las Vegas NV, 12/17/1988 – The Rockers vs. The Brain Busters
:mark: already and nothing’s happen. Arn and Shawn start :mark: Gotta love Arn cheating but as soon as Shawn gets to his feet he tells to ref to back him up. That happens a few more times until Tully comes in, followed by Marty. The Brain Busters try to cheat but Marty takes out both men, leading to him picking up the pace against Tully. But he begs off and is about to tag Arn in but instead decides to not. More of Marty getting the better until all 4 men come in and start exchanging punches but just like the previous match the Busters loose that. Arn then walks over to Bobby who whispers into his ear to cut the ring in half. Shawn/Arn interaction OWNED! For the 30 seconds it got until again all 4 men came into the ring and again it’s the Rockers getting the better. More words are spoken between Bobby and Arn, Bobby tells him to keep the grounded and not to wrestler the Rockers match. Shawn beats on Tully but he rolls to the outside, Tully backs up and begins to run so Shawn chases BOOOOM! Arn clotheslines him to gain the advantage for his team. AWESOME! HEEL TACTICS! Brain Busters’ heat on Shawn was great as they kept him grounded and beat on him but Shawn had some real fun mini-comebacks but the cut offs :mark: so good. They used almost all the same tactics from that they used again the Stallions and it worked for them. Man I’m so upset Shawn/Arn one-on-one never happen cause they’re showing signs of AWESOMENESS here, Marty’s hot tag was good but I didn’t care for it until Shawn go involved and they began to use double teams. Out of nowhere behind the ref back Marty tries to suplex Tully but Arn chop blocks him and Tully falls on top of him for the win. lol @ Shawn sliding to the outside to take out Arn instead of breaking up the pin. Post-Match: The Rockers beat up on the Busters until they manage to escape, this was a fun little match that I wish got more time but it makes me excited for some of the future matches that happen down the line but also upset that we never got Young Shawn vs. ARN! **3/4

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That Raven/Saturn match was maybe one of the few highlights of one of the most dreadful events in history?

Love the matches between the Rockers and Brain Busters their styles just gelled so well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I remember enjoying Raven/Saturn more than you, Fab, but it's been awhile. That PPV was one of the worst I've ever seen though, so maybe Raven/Saturn was just good by comparison.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
yeah terrible event, the only reason i watched that match is because one of my friends said he watched it and gave it ****3/4 so i had to watch.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Worldwide 04/30/1994 - First Round of the Marquis of the Queensbury Cup: Ric Flair vs. Lord Steven Regal (w/Sir William)
Each match has a five minute time limit, and we even get judges. Grizzly Smith, referee Jimmy Jet & US Army veteran Craig Pittman. Talk about LEGIT! :lmao Flair is the world champ here. Oh I should also not if you throw your opponent over the top rope you won’t be DQ’ed nice of WCW to disallow that Blue rule for this series. Great mat work to start and neither man able to gain the advantage longer than a second as everything gets reversed :mark: crowd is firmly behind Flair for this, the mat work last for at least 3 maybe 3 and a half minutes until they thank it up and again neither man can gain advantage until Regal catches Flair with an uppercut and begins to beat a way on him as we find the match has a minute left WHAT? Flair attempts a comeback, but Regal backs him into the corner and sneaks in a knee to the back and goes to work. Flair tries a brief comeback but Regal hits an awesome backdrop driver before locking on an abdominal stretch as time expires. Grizzly Smith gives it to Regal, Pittman gives it to Flair, and the ref gives it to Regal. Regal wins round one. Aside from the mat work this was ehhh weird time flew by or they FAKED! It being 5 minutes.

WCW Worldwide 05/07/1994 - Second Round of the Marquis of the Queensbury Cup: Ric Flair vs. Lord Steven Regal (w/Sir William)
Regal is up 1-0 in this, do I call It series or rounds? They shake hands again as the bell rings, and they go right to the mat game :mark: but this time it Flair being the more aggressive of the two as Heenan trolls at all the rules in this match. Flair keeps Regal on his feet and at the first false step, Flair gets him down face first and goes to work on the bad thigh, and the entire leg. Regal is able to get the ropes but as he goes for a headlock Flair gets the better, and again Regal goes to the ropes. Both men go back and forth with stuff until Flair puts him in the figure four but Sir William gets Regal's arm to the ropes. As we have 60 seconds, okay no way that was 5 minutes whoever upped this file is cutting time off this. Anyway, both men just start hitting each other until Regal takes him down and now they begin to AMATEUR wrestle on the mat as the ten minutes expire. Judges can’t make up their mind so they say it’s a DRAW! lol. Okay I get it how this is going now, there aren’t gonna be any pinfall or submissions, it's just ten minutes of mat exhibition with a judge’s decision to try and make it dramatic.

WCW Worldwide 05/14/1994 - Third Round of the Marquis of the Queensbury Cup: Ric Flair vs. Lord Steven Regal (w/Sir William)
The judges for this one are Jimmy Jet, Terry Taylor & Craig Pittman. Jessy “The Body” is doing commentary instead of Heenan :( Flair goes right at him now wasting anytime as he finally targets the injured thigh, but breaks clean and allows Regal to go after the arm which was solid but Flair manages to counter back into an half Boston crab. This mat exchange is phenomenal, it’s just a shame it’s all exhibition and doesn’t really lead to anything it just shows both men are marvels on the mat. Regal’s arm work great as the announcer say 2 minutes are remaining WHAT! NO WAY. But as good as Regals arm work was Flair arm work was on par if not better, the whole match is pretty much both men working limbs but with 30 seconds left Regal hits Flair with a shoulderblock but Flair comes back with a back body drop and he goes right into the Figure Four as time expires. Post-match, the judges confer and unanimously award Round 3 to Ric Flair. So it’s 1-1-1 :lmao The mat work was pretty awesome but again that’s all it was, it’s just so hard to get into it knowing that the 10 minutes of mat work doesn’t lead to anything and the match just ends.

WCW Worldwide 05/21/1994 - Fourth Round of the Marquis of the Queensbury Cup: Ric Flair vs. Lord Steven Regal (w/Sir William)
Seems like Flair is being the aggressive of the two to start every time, which means Flair is gonna control the pace in the final. More real good mat work, with both men targeting the head for a minute but they’re so evenly matched that Flair decides to go after the arm but REGAL forearms him and starts using uppercuts and strikes :mark: he finally manned up and said fuck this mat work shit. Standing slam by Regal followed by a bowed arrow submission. Now it’s Flair coming back with chops of his own before locking in leglock around the neck. He connects with a kneebreaker before chopping at the thigh and tries for the Figure Four but Regal kicks him in the face both men counter one another until Regal shouldertackles him over the top as time expires. The judges give their decision and it's a DRAW! It goes 1-1-2 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! IT COMES DOWN TO ROUND 5. I swear if next week is a draw as well. It was a lot better than round one and two but doesn’t even touch round three, I did love Regal saying fuck this mat work and just gonna legally beat him up with forearms and uppercuts.

WCW Worldwide 05/29/1994 - Fifth Round of the Marquis of the Queensbury Cup: Ric Flair vs. Lord Steven Regal (w/Sir William)
It all comes down to this, Regals stalling is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen the way he faked getting poked in the eyes twice lol. Flair goes early for the Figure Four but Regal counters. Both men are really tentative here but again Flair goes for the Figure Four but Regal counters into a cradle. He tries to go after Flair arm but Flair has it scouted and goes after the leg. Chop by Flair, and both men take a breather. Side headlock by Regal followed by a shouldertackle, they do that spot again as Flair rolls to the apron. Regal suplexes him back him. And Irish whips him as Flair takes the Flair turnbuckle bump and falls to the outside, Sir William hits Flair in the mid-section while the ref is talking to Regal so he doesn’t see a thing but the Judges do and they look appalled. The way Craig Pittman sold it was like Sir William just stabbed him then kicked his kid, he was so upset at the cheating :lmao 60 seconds remaining. Regal covers for two, the ref now begins to count Flair for KO but he’s up. This is all Regal now as he locks in an abdominal stretch but with 6 seconds left Flair hip-tosses him and covers for two, as time expires. The judges say this match was a draw lolwat Regal lost that, the whole match was fuckin’ Regal. Tony Schiavone claims that the outside interference by Sir William cost Regal the match, which kinda makes sense. The ref says we’re going to OT with another 5 minute round. Roll-up by Flair for two, before locking in a half crab but Regal manages to get to the ropes. Flair again targets the knee but Regal counter for a moment before Flair jumps back on him. Forearms by Regal followed by a sweet looking uppercut but Flair comesback with chops, Flair again takes the turnbuckle bump but instead of falling to the floor he runs the apron and connects with an axe handle off the top. Figure Four is applied but Regal manages to roll to the ropes, the announcer announces 3 minutes are left. Flair kicks Sir William for lulz before hitting a back suplex on Regal for two, chops and elbow exchanges but again Flair again goes for the leg but Regal gets to the ropes. Chop by Flair with 2 minutes left, Regal begs off in the corner but suckers Flair in with a right hand :mark: Sir William takes another cheap shot but the refs sees it this time. Hard back bodydrop by Regal with 60 seconds left. Both men begin to exchange stuff but Sir William trips Flair up. Then out of nowhere Flair wins with a backslide and wins the match and the series. Post-Match: Arn Anderson comes out to celebrate with Flair. Schiavone interviews them and Flair is presented with the actual trophy. Arn puts over Flair and Flair says Regal found like Steamboat did and like Windham did that he's still the best, and from what he hears, Hogan's coming in to do the same. He tells Hogan WCW is where the big boys play, it's his territory and whether ya like it or you don't like it, LEARN TO LOVE IT, because with Ric Flair at the top, it's the best thing going today. And he doesn't wanna step on any toes, but for any of the fans that don't like it, the same applies to them. This was a lot of fun with Regal acting like a desperate man with all the heel shenanigans, didn’t like Flair pretty much making Regal look like a bitch in OT though.

Overall: The series was fun, I the rounds being 3>5>4>2>1 I loved all the mat work but as I said it’s sucks when it doesn’t lead to anything and the match just ends. Now if they would have had the mat work in round 3 and added the intensity and pacing of 4 & 5 now that would have been something. I can’t rate the round individually but I guess the whole thing was ***

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
WCW Worldwide 04/30/1994 - First Round of the Marquis of the Queensbury Cup: Ric Flair vs. Lord Steven Regal (w/Sir William)
Each match has a five minute time limit, and we even get judges. Grizzly Smith, referee Jimmy Jet & US Army veteran Craig Pittman. Talk about LEGIT! :lmao Flair is the world champ here. Oh I should also not if you throw your opponent over the top rope you won’t be DQ’ed nice of WCW to disallow that Blue rule for this series. Great mat work to start and neither man able to gain the advantage longer than a second as everything gets reversed :mark: crowd is firmly behind Flair for this, the mat work last for at least 3 maybe 3 and a half minutes until they thank it up and again neither man can gain advantage until Regal catches Flair with an uppercut and begins to beat a way on him as we find the match has a minute left WHAT? Flair attempts a comeback, but Regal backs him into the corner and sneaks in a knee to the back and goes to work. Flair tries a brief comeback but Regal hits an awesome backdrop driver before locking on an abdominal stretch as time expires. Grizzly Smith gives it to Regal, Pittman gives it to Flair, and the ref gives it to Regal. Regal wins round one. Aside from the mat work this was ehhh weird time flew by or they FAKED! It being 5 minutes.

WCW Worldwide 05/07/1994 - Second Round of the Marquis of the Queensbury Cup: Ric Flair vs. Lord Steven Regal (w/Sir William)
Regal is up 1-0 in this, do I call It series or rounds? They shake hands again as the bell rings, and they go right to the mat game :mark: but this time it Flair being the more aggressive of the two as Heenan trolls at all the rules in this match. Flair keeps Regal on his feet and at the first false step, Flair gets him down face first and goes to work on the bad thigh, and the entire leg. Regal is able to get the ropes but as he goes for a headlock Flair gets the better, and again Regal goes to the ropes. Both men go back and forth with stuff until Flair puts him in the figure four but Sir William gets Regal's arm to the ropes. As we have 60 seconds, okay no way that was 5 minutes whoever upped this file is cutting time off this. Anyway, both men just start hitting each other until Regal takes him down and now they begin to AMATEUR wrestle on the mat as the ten minutes expire. Judges can’t make up their mind so they say it’s a DRAW! lol. Okay I get it how this is going now, there aren’t gonna be any pinfall or submissions, it's just ten minutes of mat exhibition with a judge’s decision to try and make it dramatic.

WCW Worldwide 05/14/1994 - Third Round of the Marquis of the Queensbury Cup: Ric Flair vs. Lord Steven Regal (w/Sir William)
The judges for this one are Jimmy Jet, Terry Taylor & Craig Pittman. Jessy “The Body” is doing commentary instead of Heenan :( Flair goes right at him now wasting anytime as he finally targets the injured thigh, but breaks clean and allows Regal to go after the arm which was solid but Flair manages to counter back into an half Boston crab. This mat exchange is phenomenal, it’s just a shame it’s all exhibition and doesn’t really lead to anything it just shows both men are marvels on the mat. Regal’s arm work great as the announcer say 2 minutes are remaining WHAT! NO WAY. But as good as Regals arm work was Flair arm work was on par if not better, the whole match is pretty much both men working limbs but with 30 seconds left Regal hits Flair with a shoulderblock but Flair comes back with a back body drop and he goes right into the Figure Four as time expires. Post-match, the judges confer and unanimously award Round 3 to Ric Flair. So it’s 1-1-1 :lmao The mat work was pretty awesome but again that’s all it was, it’s just so hard to get into it knowing that the 10 minutes of mat work doesn’t lead to anything and the match just ends.

WCW Worldwide 05/21/1994 - Fourth Round of the Marquis of the Queensbury Cup: Ric Flair vs. Lord Steven Regal (w/Sir William)
Seems like Flair is being the aggressive of the two to start every time, which means Flair is gonna control the pace in the final. More real good mat work, with both men targeting the head for a minute but they’re so evenly matched that Flair decides to go after the arm but REGAL forearms him and starts using uppercuts and strikes :mark: he finally manned up and said fuck this mat work shit. Standing slam by Regal followed by a bowed arrow submission. Now it’s Flair coming back with chops of his own before locking in leglock around the neck. He connects with a kneebreaker before chopping at the thigh and tries for the Figure Four but Regal kicks him in the face both men counter one another until Regal shouldertackles him over the top as time expires. The judges give their decision and it's a DRAW! It goes 1-1-2 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! IT COMES DOWN TO ROUND 5. I swear if next week is a draw as well. It was a lot better than round one and two but doesn’t even touch round three, I did love Regal saying fuck this mat work and just gonna legally beat him up with forearms and uppercuts.

WCW Worldwide 05/29/1994 - Fifth Round of the Marquis of the Queensbury Cup: Ric Flair vs. Lord Steven Regal (w/Sir William)
It all comes down to this, Regals stalling is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen the way he faked getting poked in the eyes twice lol. Flair goes early for the Figure Four but Regal counters. Both men are really tentative here but again Flair goes for the Figure Four but Regal counters into a cradle. He tries to go after Flair arm but Flair has it scouted and goes after the leg. Chop by Flair, and both men take a breather. Side headlock by Regal followed by a shouldertackle, they do that spot again as Flair rolls to the apron. Regal suplexes him back him. And Irish whips him as Flair takes the Flair turnbuckle bump and falls to the outside, Sir William hits Flair in the mid-section while the ref is talking to Regal so he doesn’t see a thing but the Judges do and they look appalled. The way Craig Pittman sold it was like Sir William just stabbed him then kicked his kid, he was so upset at the cheating :lmao 60 seconds remaining. Regal covers for two, the ref now begins to count Flair for KO but he’s up. This is all Regal now as he locks in an abdominal stretch but with 6 seconds left Flair hip-tosses him and covers for two, as time expires. The judges say this match was a draw lolwat Regal lost that, the whole match was fuckin’ Regal. Tony Schiavone claims that the outside interference by Sir William cost Regal the match, which kinda makes sense. The ref says we’re going to OT with another 5 minute round. Roll-up by Flair for two, before locking in a half crab but Regal manages to get to the ropes. Flair again targets the knee but Regal counter for a moment before Flair jumps back on him. Forearms by Regal followed by a sweet looking uppercut but Flair comesback with chops, Flair again takes the turnbuckle bump but instead of falling to the floor he runs the apron and connects with an axe handle off the top. Figure Four is applied but Regal manages to roll to the ropes, the announcer announces 3 minutes are left. Flair kicks Sir William for lulz before hitting a back suplex on Regal for two, chops and elbow exchanges but again Flair again goes for the leg but Regal gets to the ropes. Chop by Flair with 2 minutes left, Regal begs off in the corner but suckers Flair in with a right hand :mark: Sir William takes another cheap shot but the refs sees it this time. Hard back bodydrop by Regal with 60 seconds left. Both men begin to exchange stuff but Sir William trips Flair up. Then out of nowhere Flair wins with a backslide and wins the match and the series. Post-Match: Arn Anderson comes out to celebrate with Flair. Schiavone interviews them and Flair is presented with the actual trophy. Arn puts over Flair and Flair says Regal found like Steamboat did and like Windham did that he's still the best, and from what he hears, Hogan's coming in to do the same. He tells Hogan WCW is where the big boys play, it's his territory and whether ya like it or you don't like it, LEARN TO LOVE IT, because with Ric Flair at the top, it's the best thing going today. And he doesn't wanna step on any toes, but for any of the fans that don't like it, the same applies to them. This was a lot of fun with Regal acting like a desperate man with all the heel shenanigans, didn’t like Flair pretty much making Regal look like a bitch in OT though.

Overall: The series was fun, I the rounds being 3>5>4>2>1 I loved all the mat work but as I said it’s sucks when it doesn’t lead to anything and the match just ends. Now if they would have had the mat work in round 3 and added the intensity and pacing of 4 & 5 now that would have been something. I can’t rate the round individually but I guess the whole thing was ***

Glad you did this one was one I was going to suggest. It is good to see them in a match before either went too far down hill. The rules are a bit of a clusterfuck, but overall I thought it worked quite well, and certainly better than the Jericho/Regal Queensbury match from 01.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW 07/13/1991 - Steve Austin, Arn Anderson & larry Zybysko vs Yellow Dog, Bobby Eaton & Ron Simmons
Double A and Bobby start, but as Arn tries to stall Ron jumps on him on the outside. Back in and Arn and the Yellow Dog have a nice exchange until Zybysko comes in and have a few back and forth with Dog targeting his mask. All 6 men do get time before the heels start to isolate beautiful Bobby, they target the chest while getting cheap shots in whenever they can. Quick tags between all 3 men, this goes on for a few minutes with Bobby getting in 2 really good brief comebacks. At one point Booby and Arn hit heads but Zybysko cuts him off from getting the tag allowing the heel team to continue the assault on Bobby. But he hits an atomic drop on Arn and again they hit heads allowing Bobby to hot tag both his team members lol. All 6 men are in and they begin to brawl but Zybysko again goes after the mask and pulls it off but the Yellow Dog has another mask underneath, Zybysko is celebrating and that allows Dog to roll him up and the ref fast counts the three count lol. The match was fun, hated the ending ‘cause you can’t double tag your team members but I did like the heat on Bobby Eaton. **1/2

WCW 11/16/1991 - Steve Austin & Vader vs Z Man & PN News
Holy shit at this dream team of Z Man and PN News lolnot Austin and Vader I’M JERKING OFF! RIGHT NOW. I was watching the Vader 1993 timeline and the way Vader hyped up the team of himself and Austin has my hopes up right now. Z Man, PN News come out singing “Yo, Baby, Yo” :lmao Vader and Austin in matching red and black :mark: Austin and Z Man start, and it’s alright now great lots of feeling out with Austin playin' mind games pretending Z man pulled his hair or held the tights whenever Z Man got the advantage. Austin works the arm for a bit but it gets countered and Z Man works it until he tags in FAT ASS! I mean PN New. PN uses his weight to pretty much counter everything Austin throws at him so he tags VADER. Both men lock up until Vader starts beating the shit out of him :mark: PN has a brief comeback until he tags Z Man who hits two dropkicks, followed by a PN dropkick sending Vader to the outside. Vader makes his way in and punches Z Man in the face before tagging Austin back in. They begin to isolate him, with both men taking turns beating on Z Man but he makes a nice little comeback before knocking heads with Austin. But that was enough for him to make the tag to Phat boy who beats on Austin, he heads up top and hits Austin with a splash off the top but the ref is forcing Z Man out so Vader drops an elbow to the back of PN’s head and Austin covers for the win. Solid little match, Austin and Vader worked well the finish was pretty predictable but I would love to see more from one of these teams. Other can fuck off. **1/2

WCW Nitro 10/02/1995 - Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko
Early portion is some of the most crisp and amazing mat work you’ll ever see, it’s the usual whatever you can do I can do better game of one up-manship :mark: it’s just beautiful to watch. HOLY SHIT! They do this sequence in the corner which blew my mind, I can’t even talk about it shit I can’t even gif it cause it’s like 22mb dammit. Anyway they try to take away from the match by having the screen get split in half showing the arrival of Hulk Hogan in his limo, oh now they now show the whole backstage shit instead of the match :lmao Hogan Hart’s promo is like 2/3 minutes long lolwat fuck this company. We finally cut back to the match and the sexy counter fest picks up. Eddie tries to monkey flip Dean but Dean Counters and sitting Eddie on the top rope but Eddie wraps his legs around Dean’s waist and ‘body ranas him to the floor. Eddie follows up with a scoop slam on the floor. And heads back in but goes to the top and hits a suicide planca. Eddie hits the Brainbuster but during the Frog Splash attempt Dean gets the knees up. Dean goes to get Eddie in some sort of ankle submission that's not the ankle lock and Eddie quick reverses it into an open pinning combination and gets the quick victory. Post-Match: Dean stops Eddie from leaving the ring. He tells him he got lucky and he wants a rematch very soon. Eddie says anytime :mark: The opening minutes owned until WCW ruined the middle by taking away 2-3 minutes with some terrible face Hogan promo just turn heel already. But after that the action was fine but I’ve seen better, good stuff around though. **3/4

WCW Nitro 10/16/1995 - Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero
This is Benoit’s debut match :mark: he has the most generic tights in WCW history but so does Eddie. The mat work here is on par with Dean/Eddie as Eddie plays the one up-manship game with him. Eddie breaks out the 619 to fake a dive and hits a plancha instead :mark: More sweet countering wrestling happens until Benoit backbody drops Eddie over the top rope and both guys go over the top. Benoit decided to ram Eddie into the post. This is awesome. Benoit starts targeting the arm before hitting the HAMMERLOCK SUPLEX. Eddie counters a backbreaker into an armdrag, before hitting a springboard DDT but goes right back to selling the arm like a boss. Benoit kills him with a short-arm clothesline. Benoit chops the chest before picking him up for a vicious slam, as Benoit methodically slows down the pace of the match and starts torturing the arm. Eddie brings the handheld lucha AWESOMENESS to escape a wristlock, before breaks out a SICK brainbuster to set for the frogsplash but Benoit gets knees up with Eddy in the air. POWERBOMB with fold over from Benoit GETS 2 :mark: They do a great reversal out of a second one but Eddie makes the mistake of punching Benoit with his bad arm, Benoit sees this and is able to hit a DRAGON SUPLEX for the pin. Really fun match and a perfect match to debut Benoit, loved the arm work by Benoit and Eddie’s selling throughout was great. ***1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Some nice old school WCW matches there. Never seen Austin and Vader together, will have to check that team out!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Flyin High - Chris Hero vs AJ Styles

I've been meaning to watch this for a while but just been too lazy, well not today. Oh man I missed the "Chris Is Awesome" song, good times. This is in Hero's hometown so he's over and firmly the crowd favorite. Nice to see he's still keeping in good shape and hasn't let himself go yet. AJ coming out to a song that isn't "I am" is just weird, but he coming out to Slim J is just weirder but I like it. He's still got the old Bieber haircut though lol. Tons of respect early on even get friendly during the handshake, before they lock up, the counter wrestling early on was damn good lots of back and forth counter wrestling which was smooth. They even pulled out some reversals I’ve never seen before like a pin combination from a roll through powerbomb spot back to the front facelock. AWESOME spot early on was AJ going for that leapfrog but Hero spot and boots him right in the chest. That's enough for Hero to begin to target the head, but that doesn't last long as Hero is tripped up by the body of AJ allowing AJ to hit his picture perfect dropkick. From that they pick up the pace with both men faking out dives until AJ springboard forearms him off the middle rope knocking Hero to the floor. Great stuff so far, AJ attempts to work the back and neck but Hero fights out, but out of nowhere AJ hits and hurricanrana for two and goes right back to the head and neck. Hero's comeback was gold as again AJ tries to go high risk but Hero again kills him with a big boot. Corino trolls as he makes Kelly tell a story about how he almost got Hero's mom kicked out :lmao as that is going on Hero tries to go for his own Styles Clash but AJ fights out just to get killed for the 3rd time with a big boot :mark: that only gets a two count. AJ kicks away at the knee to stop the boots but instead Hero knocks the shit out of him with an elbow sending AJ 3/4 across the ring. Now the match somewhat gets meaningless as it's all back and forth stuff, it kinda feels like a filler stuff. It's not awful and it makes sense with Hero now going for the head setting up for the rolling elbow or the rolling boot. AJ had a nice comeback even though he no sells all the kicks and knees to the face ugh! Springboard elbow connects for two; Hero bringing back the super athlete backflip over the top to the floor just to boot AJ in the face was hilariously awesome. AJ has been caught with 5 sick boots, you would think he would see them coming by now. More back-and-forth action until Hero goes for the death blow Knockout but AJ counters into the pale that was nice. OH SHIT! Hero countering the backflip springboard DDT into the cravat throw was AWESOME! Hero follows up with the rolling kick for two, running boots but AJ comesback with a running elbow, but hero comesback with a running boot, but AJ comesback with a running elbow followed up by a sick clothesline. AJ then locks in the Calf slicer and that's enough for Hero to tap. Real fun match here, opening 10 was great but the middle was kinda slow and not boring but uneventful but they got me during the finishing stretch even if no one sold anything and even the Hero tapout was sudden. ***1/4 - ***1/2