Edge talks about retirement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Asheville Citizen-Times has a new article online featuring quotes from Edge. In the piece, Edge talks about retirement.

“I'm coming up on my 20th year, and I've definitely had some injuries that have shortened my career," Edge told the publication. “That's part of the reason I bought up here — we want to retire and listen to the wind in the trees, and we want to do it fairly soon. I may have two more years. With each injury, it's harder and harder to come back."

So possibly only two more years of the Rated-R superstar. It surprises me that Edge is already coming up to 20 years in wrestling. It is good that he is looking to retiring when on top rather than staying around for too long. JR makes a good point in his blog saying that it seems like the current generation are saving their money rather than wasting it like a lot of wrestlers from the past.

Has had a truly great career so far and can still add a lot to that in the next two years. Great tag team with Christian, then a solid midcarder and then made it into the mainevent and become one of the top guys in WWE.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
He has had a great career and can do a lot more in two years. With all the injury trouble he has had it wouldn't shock me at all if he only had a couple good years left in him.