Edge- A legend?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

This guy is an 8 time world champion. If he wins at Backlash, which is pretty damn likely, he'll be a 9 time world champion. All that, and he's still only like 33. Say he went or 5 more years, he could end up with like 15 world title reigns. As far as title reigns, he'll be considered one of the best. But do you think he should be remembered as one of the all time greats, if he keeps it up?
Let's think about it... He'll have a ton of world title reigns, more than the likes of HBK, Bret Hart, Austin, and Rock. He'll have multiple IC title reigns, and ontop of that, he'll be remembered as one of the greatest tag team wrestlers of all time. He'll be one of the most decorated guys in WWE history. Not to mention, his performaces are amazing. He puts on amazing matches, his mic work is outstanding, he does what the company asks, and he's been in some of the most memorable storylines of the 2000's.
Anyone agree he'll go down as an all time great?

Enigma22

Reaction score
he probably will simply because he has had so many championships through the years. hes had like 12 tag team championships and some ic championships and 8 world championships. the problem is that his world title reigns havent been to memorable imo. he will be remembered but he wont be up there with austin, the rock, bret hart, or hbk.

TAA

Reaction score
Yea he'll be remembered as a great. He needs to do something more though. He needs to keep going. And you know something, Edge totally deserves it. He's an amazing performerand has incrdible skills. We've sen on more than one occasion where edge will puthis body on the line for his job! Good for him!

MikeRaw

he probably will simply because he has had so many championships through the years. hes had like 12 tag team championships and some ic championships and 8 world championships. the problem is that his world title reigns havent been to memorable imo. he will be remembered but he wont be up there with austin, the rock, bret hart, or hbk.

Meh, I'd take him over Hart or HBK any day.

LKP

I am a fellow edge head myself. But i think booking and wwe wont have him bigger than hhh or flairs title reigns. He is one of the best heels in the wwe and top stars. He can pull out a 5 star match but only now and then. His neck is not good nore are his knees i think edge will retire or slowly go out off by the time hes 36-37. Its only so long your body can cope with bangs and coping with neck pain. He can make a promo look easy and be the best promo he has done, he can have a good feud with someone and can pull off a 5 star match who ever he is with. So is he the guy who will be a legend? Yeah your damn right he will.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Meh, I'd take him over Hart or HBK any day.

Over HBK? Let's not start talkin stupid now.

Edge's performances aren't amazing but he can pull off a good match. He will go down as one of the most decorated and one of the best on the mic. But besides his first three title reigns, the rest are kinda forgettable.

CenaMark54

Yes. Not only has he been the top heel for the last three or four years. He has also been Cena's number one nemesis during that time. He is basically a lock for the WWE hall of fame at this point, plus he has been a bigger star than virtually half the people the WWE refers to as legends.

MikeRaw

Over HBK? Let's not start talkin stupid now.

Edge's performances aren't amazing but he can pull off a good match. He will go down as one of the most decorated and one of the best on the mic. But besides his first three title reigns, the rest are kinda forgettable.

Well, Edge is more dcorated than HBK, so from that standpoint, what i say is true. The rest would just be opinion, and like I said, I'd take him over HBK.

Klide

EDGE is a future hall of famer no doubt about. My Screen name says it all."UndeRatedRsuperstar" edge to me is underrated, people just dont give him any credit since he's a heel and i understand that. EDGE has made a lot of names for himself "Rated R Superstar" "Ultimate Opportunist" "Mr. MITB" EDGE accomplished many things in the WWE which some people dont seem to recall- 2 time MITB, WCW united states champion, multiple tag team champ, king of the ring, 5 time intercontinental champ, 4 time WWE and world heavyweight champ ect. EGDE is my favorite wrestle today and one of the best heels in the WWE. So does EDGE=Legend my answer is yes.

Montana

I am a fellow edge head myself. But i think booking and wwe wont have him bigger than hhh or flairs title reigns. He is one of the best heels in the wwe and top stars. He can pull out a 5 star match but only now and then. His neck is not good nore are his knees i think edge will retire or slowly go out off by the time hes 36-37. Its only so long your body can cope with bangs and coping with neck pain. He can make a promo look easy and be the best promo he has done, he can have a good feud with someone and can pull off a 5 star match who ever he is with. So is he the guy who will be a legend? Yeah your damn right he will.

Edge hasn't ever put on a 5 star match.

To me, You can't put Edge in the same boat as Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Hogan, Undertaker, Austin and everyone else, and for one simple reason. Edge has NEVER been the #1 guy. He probably never will be the #1. He's only been in one WM main event, and he's already lost both of his title matches at mania. So i don't really consider Edge in their first tier of guys. To me, he fits in better with guys like Macho Man, HHH, Mick Foley, Big Show, but even most of those guys are ahead of Edge. I see what your saying about ALL the title wins, but the belts aren't worth as much as they used to. I really think Hogan's 5 WWE championship is worth FAR more than anything the wwe can do today. His 5 championships = about 25 with todays standard.

The Rated R CMStar

To me, You can't put Edge in the same boat as Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Hogan, Undertaker, Austin and everyone else, and for one simple reason. Edge has NEVER been the #1 guy

Neither has Taker

Moonlight Drive

^^You could make the argument that Taker was the top guy on Smackdown in 2005/6 for a point in time.

Much too early to say right now, but it's a possibility. The thing is, title reigns mean jack shit when most (if not all) of them have gone for less than a month or two. Nonetheless, we can only truly judge how he'll be remembered when he leaves and we look back on his career in it's entierety, although there's a good chance he will be a legend.

Btw, HBK > Edge in every possible way. :p

Reaction score
My Screen name says it all."UndeRatedRsuperstar" edge to me is underrated, people just dont give him any credit since he's a heel and i understand that.
Underrated by who? He gets tons of praise from the IWC, and seeing as how he has won 8 world titles in 3 years, he sure isn't underrated or not pushed enough by the WWE.

In my book, Edge hasn't done enough to be a legend yet, and it will take a lot for him to become one. He will need to have a lot of great feuds and matches over the next few years. While his resume might be impressive, it doesn't scream legend to me. I think we often forget that Edge never became a true legit main event player until last year at WM. He was in the main event scene in late 05, and won the belt a few times in 06 and 07, but he wasn't at the Wrestlemania main event level yet.

With all that being said, CenaMark makes a good point that pretty much kills everything I just said. While I might not see Edge as legend because I have high standards for what makes someone a legend, there are plenty of guys that the WWE has recognized as being a legend that accomplished far less than Edge. So I think what's most important for Edge to becoming a legend is that he stays on good terms with Vince McMahon. With the right hype from the WWE, there is little doubt most people will see him as a legend.

Reaction score
Ok, this guy has alot left in him and hell yeah, he will be a future hall of famer. I woundn't put him up there with Bret Hart, Stone Cold, The Rock just yet but i think by the time hes done, he will be in that level if not higher.

MikeRaw

To me, You can't put Edge in the same boat as Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Hogan, Undertaker, Austin and everyone else, and for one simple reason. Edge has NEVER been the #1 guy. He probably never will be the #1. He's only been in one WM main event, and he's already lost both of his title matches at mania. So i don't really consider Edge in their first tier of guys. To me, he fits in better with guys like Macho Man, HHH, Mick Foley, Big Show, but even most of those guys are ahead of Edge. I see what your saying about ALL the title wins, but the belts aren't worth as much as they used to. I really think Hogan's 5 WWE championship is worth FAR more than anything the wwe can do today. His 5 championships = about 25 with todays standard.

Taker and Ric Flair were never the main guys. Flair had tons, and I means tons of guys around him in his 70's era who were equally as big, and Taker has never been close to the main guy. While what Moonlight said is true (that he was the main guy on SD for years) the same could be said for Edge, because he's been the main guy on SD. Aside from that, he's been THE heel in WWE since 2005. No matter which show, Edge has been the main heel. And are you koking me? Foley? Big Show? No offense, but those guys are abotu 3 rungs down the latter from Edge.