ECW 1998 Hardcore TV, PPV's and whatever shit i can find Review thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Is this when funk crashes a ppv and starts calling Tommy's mother a whore?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
yeah, i wrote it out. Best promo of the 90's by far.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ECW World Heavyweight Champion: Shane Douglas
ECW Television Champion: Rob Van Dam
ECW Tag Team Champions: Masato Tanaka & Balls Mahoney
“FTW” Champion: Taz

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 290
November 14th, 1998
Queens, New York

Joey Styles is in the ring and welcomes us to the show; Taz music hits and out comes Taz, he says he keeps letting his guard down and he keeps getting screwed, Sabu screwed me. He says he was choking that scumbag out Brooklyn-style. Sabu had to steal his thunder, and when he gets the chance, he's got a problem with Sabu again now. Shane Douglas and Francine come out. Douglas says he’s not crossing no lines tonight, he's not out here to fight him, he's here to set the record straight. Five years ago, a brash young man was here fucking with people's heads, and yeah, that man did say "Fuck the world". Since then, Taz has begun to fuck with people's heads and say "Fuck the world", and goddamnit, he's gotten pretty fucking good at it. He says at the PPV Taz maybe had him beat, and Sabu was the man who stopped him. There's one man who's ever put Sabu in his place, though, and it's Taz at Barely Legal. He's got a proposition for him and says Sabu earned a title shot at Taz's expense, and he has to face him on January 10th now. But if Taz does him one little tiny favor, if he takes Sabu out before January and breaks his neck, spirit, will, and breaks him down so he can beat him in January, he'll lay the world at his feet. He'll give him the three fingers, he'll even give him Francine, and he’ll give him the money. Shane and Francine leave, and Joey says Taz obviously can't be bought. Taz laughs and says "obviously" and quickly leaves.

The Dudley family are in the ring, Joel Gertner introduces them. Buh Buh says tonight they make history 5-times-world tag champions. Gertner says no one has told them this, it will be a fair fight because Axl is not here tonight because he's at a hospital in Baltimore with his cancer-ridden grandmother, and they dedicate the show to her. Buh Buh says he kind of bent the truth a little bit, and yes, Axl is at his grandmother's side, but she's not dying of cancer. No, he's at her side because that old $5 whore is laid up at the Mayo Clinic with a bad case of syphilis. He then says correct me if I’m wrong but about two weeks ago, you handed that old bad two dollars and stuck it in as deep as you can and now the poor old bitch has got the sickle cell infection. Sign Guys sicken by this and tries to get in Buh Buh’s face, so D-Von slaps the shit out of him

HOLY SHIT! THIS smurf BUBBA IS AMAZING!

ECW Tag Team Championships: The Dudley Boyz (w/Big Dick Dudley, Joel Gertner, & Sign Guy Dudley) vs. Balls Mahoney & Masato Tanaka
Just like their previous matches, brawling, brawling and brawling. BuhBuh/Tanaka pair off on the floor for a good portion of the match, D-Von debuts “The People Headbutt” Buh Buh again brings out the cheese grater and shreds Balls…..head. More brawling, chair spots, The Dudley Boyz survive the Tornado DDT and Nutcracker Suits. Dudleyz blocks them on chairs, with Buh Buh hitting the Bubbacutter on Tanaka, they then follow up with a 3D and cover for the win. *1/4

Highlights or RVD/Dreamer from Queens, New York, August 21st, 1997

ECW Television Championships: Tommy Dreamer vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso & Sabu)
So just like most RVD matches now it’s really slow to start, stalling, taunting and pandering to the crowd and really not the best mat work. I loved RVD but someone should have told him you are terrible at mat wrestling, and the transition exchanges are sloppy af. Thankfully, they quickly move away from that and this gets into a good back-and-forth, babyface vs. babyface match. Dreamer tries to make this his style of match by bringing into the crowd and brawling, which RVD falls for and he loses that battle but he hits a sweet front flip senton dive into the crowd off the guardrail to turn the momentum into his side again, they have some cool offense and counters going on too, they bust out some new shit that I’ve never seen either of them do before. Dreamer gets cocky and hits a frogsplash of his own, he then MURDERS RVD OFF A PILEDRIVER AS WE GO TO A COMMERCIAL! Holy Shit Dreamer again gets super cocky 1, by flipping off Sabu, then trying to go for Sabu’s own double jump splash through a table. Sabu trips his leg, and he hits the double jump splash to Dreamer through the table which only gets two. Shane Douglas then comes out to attack Sabu. They fight and Taz runs out to attack Sabu. Candido comes out to attack Taz, but RVD takes them all out with the plancha. Credible runs from the crowd and canes Tommy before hitting That's Incredible. He leaves and RVD hits the Five Star Frog Splash, but Tommy kicks out, RVD then crotches Dreamer on the top and hits the leaping side kick with Fonzie holding a chair to his head for the win. Good. **1/2 - **3/4

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
giphy.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ECW Tag Team Champions: The Dudley Boyz

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 291
November 21st, 1998
Queens, New York

Heyman does a full 10 minute recap of all the feuds going on in ECW.

Lynn and Storm come out for their match, Mikey then comes out to apologize to Lynn about accidently hitting him with a steel chair, Lynn refuses. He then says he wants this match, and asks to take his place. Lynn okay with that.

Lance Storm (w/Tammy-Lynn Bytch) vs. Jerry Lynn Mikey Whipwreck
Mikey hits a Whippersnapper 20 seconds in by Bytch puts Lance’s foot on the ropes, Mikey then beats on him on the floor but goes for a running dive into the crowd but Lance avoids and he crashes into the chairs, this is really fun, lots of back and forth cool counters and reversals. Everything is crisp, just a shame the fans were too busy starting a “show your tits” chant every 5 seconds. God damn, NY is the worse. Lance smartly pulls the ref into a Whippersnapper, taking him out. He then signals and brings Bytch in to slap Mikey around a few times, Lynn comes out again. He nails Lance in the head with a steel chair; high 5’s Mikey then hits him with a Whippersnapper for revenge. He then pulls Lance on top and the ref counts the thee. **1/2

ECW Fan Cam: Shows some a double pin in a Shane/Sabu match, one ref tries to calls Sabu as new champ. But Jeff Jones isn’t having any of it. It then cuts to Bam Bam coming out, he's lost his mind and he starts attacking everyone, refs, Sabu and even Triple Threat members. RVD comes out, and the bell rings. This gets clipped because ECW are still trying to get me to quit, and have myself with 5 shows left. FUCK YOU I WILL MAKE IT TO THE END! RVD hits a frog splash, but Bam Bam slowly and is up first, he has a chair in hand but RVD comes off the top with a side kick for the win.

During Shane Douglas’ entrance Style announces Bam Bam Bigelow has left, and says he won't say that he sold out or isn't extreme, because he didn't sell out and he is extreme. He says Bam Bam Bigelow can beat anyone in the world, including Bill Goldberg, but he's shown this year that he can beat anyone in the world, he just can't beat is Rob Van Dam.

BAM BAM :( ECW just lost their best big man ever, and one of the few highlight it’s had for the past 2 years. I never got that BamBam/Taz rubber match :( BamBam/Sabu II :( BamBam/Tanaka II :( BamBam/New Jack II :( BamBam/Awesome meeting :( So many matches.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship: Shane Douglas (w/Francine) vs. Spike Dudley
This was 4-5 minutes so I’m thankful, they played this off as “Main-Event Guy vs. The Little Guy” Which you can rarely go wrong with that formula, Douglas had some cool counters out of the acid drop, Spike brought in a ladder before the match and Shane destroys him with it. Spike hits the dick kick and Acid Drop, but Candido runs out to break the pin. Candido takes the acid drop, and Francine gets in. He tries it on Francine, but Shane gets a low blow. He puts on the Reverse Full Nelson, but Sabu runs out and he locks in the Camel Clutch and Shane taps, but here comes Taz. He’s just about to lock in the TazMission but the show goes off the air. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 292
November 28th, 1998
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

We open the show with an ambulance leaving the building

After the intro, Joey Styles welcomes us to the show, he says a star got injured and he will let us know in a little bit. In the ring; Shane Douglas welcomes us to the house he built. He says it's obvious that they want to see Rob Van Dam and Sabu kick his ass. He says he’s here because he has a plan, and he’s always said a man with a plan will hold the gold. He says he may lost his enforcer, and Candido is not in the building well think again……………..TAZ comes out; Shane says he’s not here to fight or antagonize him. He’s just got something to say, for 5 years I’ve climbed the ladder of ECW, there has been one person who has been right behind me. That’s you. He says opposites attract, well we’re not opposites we are cut from the same fuckin cloth. He says Taz made that belt because no man can take that belt from him, and he knows in time he will have to hand that belt over to him. And he’s fine with that; he doesn’t mind Taz being the one to put the bullet in his head. But what he does mind is THAT PIECE OF SHIT! Sabu getting a title, he ain’t old school like us :lmao I got RVD breathing down my neck, Justin Credible has my number according to people in the back. He then tells Taz if he wants a shot, you have to watch my back. If Taz does the heist, he'll pay the price. He says let's see what they can do together and proposes a Shane/Taz vs. RVD/Sabu match. He says obviously this is the match everyone wants to see, and Taz again just says "obviously".

Guilty As Charged ~ January 10th, 1999 @ The Millennium Theatre, Orlando, Florida

ECW Television Championship: Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso) vs. Rod Price
Solid RVD showcase that also is clipped because RVD loves his long ass exhibition matches. This shows all of RVD cool spots and him death bumping. RVD hits the Five-Start-Frogsplash for the win.

Lance Storm and Tammy-Lynn Bitch come out; he is scheduled for a match with Jerry Lynn. But, before the match Lance gets on the mic; he says there has been a question nagging him, and the question is? How many times do I have to beat you, Jerry Lynn? No I realize, that losing to me, this late on the card is actually a bit of a push for you :lmao But you see, I have an idea. There is a guy in the back who I’ve also beaten recently and I know he’s desperately in aid of a win. So if he wants to come out and wrestle Lynn instead of me tonight, there’s a chance one of them might actually win a match. He calls Mikey Whipwreck out to wrestle for him and Mikey comes out. He tells him to shut the fuck up, and he only beat both of them with help from the other, Lance says he can beat them both on his own if he wanted to. He ref begins laughing at him; see no wonder refs get beat up. Ref then books the match in back-to-back matches.

Clipped version of both matches air, which is a shame. I really wanted to see this match/angle.

Taz & Shane Douglas (w/Francine) vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu (w/Bill Alfonso)
So this is a lot of fun. We get this great technical showing between RVD/Taz, as they try to one-up the other before Taz starts dumping him on his head. Then we get Taz/Sabu hatred and them beating the shit out of one another for a short time, which is when it’s at its best. They brawl on the floor and Sabu hits his double jump no hands plancha into the crowd whipping out Taz. AWESOME Moment, Francine goes over and starts talking shit to Sabu and Fonzie comes over, so she slaps him. FONZIE THEN GRABS HER BY THE THROAT AND BEGINS PUSHING HER :mark: well regular match over and this turns into a wonderful hate filled brawl, RVD/Sabu begin teeing off on Douglas with double teams as Shane looks helpless, Taz recovers only to be put through a table with a slingshot splash. Douglas low blows RVD out of desperation but SABU PULLS THE SPIKE OUT AND BEGINS STABBING DOUGLAS IN THE HEAD! He’s busted open but fights back with chair shots, but Sabu gets him down. He hits the Arabian facebuster with a chair to the back of the head but also with a chair on his face too, Sabu covers for the win. Awesome match, but they worked it as Shane being the face and RVD/Sabu as the relentless bloodthirsty heels. And Taz was just some tag guy. Weird but great. ***

After the match; Sabu puts on the Camel Clutch on Shane for revenge, but Taz comes in to save. He puts on the Tazmission, and Sabu tries to get out. Fonzie hits Taz in the back with a chair but he hangs on. Taz locks his hands, AND HITS A TAZMISSION SUPLEX! FUCK YEAH! Officials, wrestlers, and others rush to the ring, even Heyman comes out. RVD and Fonzie are having words with Heyman, they place a neck brace on Sabu as Taz himself looks concerned. Heyman tries to calm RVD down……………..BUT TAZ BEGINS STOMPING ON SABU LIFELESS BODY HOLYSHIT! RVD wants at Taz and they get pulled apart, AND EVEN FONZIE SWINGS AT TAZ! Taz leaves and Sabu is put in a neck brace and stretchered out. Joey screams that Taz was trying to break his neck.

Joey Styles has Taz on the phone; Taz says oh, oh boy. You’d think the President just got shot in the head with all this security, referees, wrestlers, etc. running in the ring. They think Sabu's dead and he killed him, and oh, Taz is showing remorse. What a bunch of marks. So he went over and stomped on him again. When he got hurt in 95, nobody gave a flying fuck about me, right? When I broke my neck they left me for dead and I walked out the ring myself. This is all Sabu's fault. He stole his thunder, he hit him with a chair at the end of the six men, and he stole his #1 Contender's spot. He struck him three times in one match, but he only came through on one tonight. He's got two more coming, and he knows Sabu will come back from this, and tells him to come back nice and strong because he still owes him two. He's Taz, the FTW World Heavyweight Champion. BEAT HIM IF YOU CAN, SURVIVE IF...IF HE LETS YOU.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That New Jack promo was one of my all time faves.

Underrated talker.

Reactions: Crippler

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 293
December 5th, 1998
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The show opens with Spike Dudley beating up, Sal E, One Man Gang and Justin Credible, he hits everyone in sight the acid Drop. Dreamer, Jack, Spike cover for the win.

Tammy Lynn Sytch is looking thotty at a beat somewhere in Florida.

ECW Television Championship: Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso) vs. Mike Lozansky
Classic RVD formula, I did like that RVD didn’t try to do his trash mat wrestling, instead he allows Mike to outdo him in kicks then allow Mike to drop him on his head. This has some real great brawling with better high flying, Mike looks like a younger, better Jerry Lynn/Kid Kash guy. RVD does the most amazing RVD of RVD things, he has Mike crotched on the rail, he then jumps ontop of the stage and hits the running side-kick. RVD continues to try to outdo himself on offense, Mike has a great counter out of the Van Daminator as he simple drops the chair grabs RVD by the hair and throws him onto it. This goes on for several more minutes, with more awesome spots. RVD hits the top-rope Van Daminator and the Split Legged Moonsault for the win. *** - ***1/4

RWqzxZa.gif

Recap of the Douglas/Taz promo and the Tag Match from last week and all the shit afterwards.

Backstage: Danny and Roadkill are hanging out, Danny Doring says Sabu thinks he's unstoppable and can do whatever he wants. He wants to come back a week after his neck is broken, and suggests he fights his man Roadkill. He used to kill chickens with his bare hands. "Chickens." Doring says to imagine what he can do to Sabu.

ECW Fan Cam: Terry Funk again attacks Tommy Dreamer, and Dreamer refuses to fight back.

Tammy still looking thot thirsty at the beach.

Masato Tanaka, Balls Mahoney & Hack Myers vs. The Dudley Boyz/Big Dick Dudley is clipped. Dudleyz win with the 3D, post-match; Axl runs out with a barbed wire baseball bat and rips open Buh Buh and D-Von’s foreheads.

Recap of the ending of November 2 Remember ’98 PPV, oh and last week’s events air again.

Road Kill (w/Danny Doring) vs. Sabu (w/Bill Alfonso)
Sabu is wrestling in a neckbrace, to sell it. He then no sells the neck the entire match. God bless that man. Shane Douglas and Francine watch in the crowd, and Shane has an FTW shirt on. On the other side, Taz comes out to watch. Sabu hits all his stuff clean enough, and wins with a Flying Arabian Facebuster through a table. **1/4

Kronus is in the ring, so is Shane Douglas. Taz then comes behind Kronus and murders him with the TazMission Tazplex. He yells at him if he wants a belt take his belt. Taz stomps on him, and hits a T-Bone again on the neck. Referees rush in and EMTs get a stretcher, and even Shane looks uncomfortable. They get Kronus on the table stretcher, but Taz attacks him again and chokes him out. FUCK YEAH TAZ!

Justin Credible says Sabu getting hurt was disturbing, someone trying to purposely end a career. He says he's guilty, guilty as charged, and he should be hung or shot. Or caned.

Chris Chetti says what Taz did wasn't right, and it’s not the first time he’s hit somebody intentionally.

Lance Storm says asks how this affects him. Paul says it doesn't, so Lance leaves.

Tammy says stuff while trying to still look hot.

Mikey Whipwreck says he always messes these things up, so he's done making decisions. I gotta go.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 294
December 12th, 1998
Buffalo, New York

The show opens with Taz and Shane Douglas in the ring, Douglas is ranting and yelling about something, oh he also has his hand and forearm in a cast lol. Taz fakes almost goes for a TazMission but doesn’t.

Joey Styles welcomes us to the show, BREAKING NEWS ~ Shane Douglas broke his wrist :lmaolmao:lmao Shane paid The Dudley Boyz to take Sabu out, but they failed, and the Dudleys assaulted a radio reporter who said that they failed. Taz/Shane vs. Sabu/RVD vs. Dudleys for the belts. Sabu pinned Shane, but Taz then hit a second receipt to Sabu with a T-Bone, and the 3D beat Sabu and sent him to the hospital a second time.

Tammy-Lynn Sytch is still at the beat, she tries to promote the PPV.

Tommy Rich brought out the FBI's new member, THE ONE MAN GANG! :lmao Clipped version of a FBI vs. Chetti/Nova match airs. Nova gets murdered so Tommy comes out to replace him, Justin Credible causes Tommy to lose again.

Lance Storm and Tammy-Lynn Bytch come out, Lance says he’s been sitting in the back watching his “Bret Hart, Wrestling with Shadows” Video tape, and now that I know what can happen when a superior Canadian takes on an inferior American, Sits close to the Canadian border. There is now way I’m going to let anyone put me in a sharpshooter, so anyone can win the belt and claim that I tapped out. Because I don’t tap out; so I’m gonna avoid all the controversy right now, because Lance Storm isn’t going to screw Lance Storm and Paul Heyman isn’t gonna get the chance to. Because I’m not working. He and Bytch leave, Lance is the best :lmao Mikey issues an open challenge, and Rod Price comes out. Mikey says he said he'd WRESTLE anyone, but Rod Price fights, so he bows out. Mikey runs to the back, SO OUT COMES MOTHERFUCKIN’ NEW JACK!

Rod Price vs. New Jack
New Jack does his best to murder Price, it ruled.

Justin Credible, Chastity and Jason come out. Chastity reveals a tight dress before Credible's match, so Credible loses his shit because you know, SPOTLIGHT ON JUSTIN AT ALL TIMES! Credible yells at her to cover up as they try to work a jealous boyfriend angle, even though her gimmick is groupie and he has never paid her any attention ever.

#1 Contender's Match for the TV title, winner gets a shot at the Guilty as Charged PPV: Justin Credible (w/Jason & Chastity) vs. Masato Tanaka
This is probably as good as it’s gonna get considering they worked this as a normal wrestling match, they added a few chair spots but this was more Credible style then Tanaka’s and it showed. Credible has just completely stopped the only thing that made him watchable which was his HBK adjace bumping, he doesn’t even sell too. They do stuff it all feels like filler until Dreamer comes down, he whacks Credible in the head with a metal sign allowing Tanaka to hit a “Rolling Whippersnapper” for the win. *3/4

Joey Styles says the Dudleyz are on their way to FMW, they will be facing RVD and maybe Sabu in Japan. He then talks about the feuds because all the other videos we’ve seen tonight weren’t enough?

RVD and Fonzie are in the locker room, Fonzie says we’re going half way across the world to kick your ass Dudleyz, he says this time he’s putting his money where his mouth is. If we don’t come back from Japan with the tag belts, I’m gonna SPLIT THE TEAM! RVD says that might not be a bad thing for the career of RVD. He's not talking bad about Sabu with his neck all taped up, and he couldn't just throw him out. RVD says he's carried Sabu and Fonzie this far, and he'll take them to the gold alone.

Nova is sad in the bathroom, he says Raven screwed him, Stevie screwed him and even my old partner left me. He says it’s time to start taking himself more seriously.

D-Von says he walks through the valley of the shadow of death, but he fears no man, because he's taking his gold worldwide. Buh Buh says when you grow up inbred and are forced to wear tie dye every day, you ain't got much to live for. They've never had much to live for except the belts, and they're going on a plane in a few hours to defend them in Koreukan Hall, the most prestigious arena in Tokyo. The biggest world title match Japan will ever see, The Dudleyz vs. RVD/SABU. He says they lay down for nobody and if they beat them, they'll hand them the damn belts. He says they love splitting up tag teams. The Gangstas. The Eliminators. They broke Sandman and Beulah's necks too, he says they don’t need to cheat to beat them. There will be no Sign Guy, Joel and no Big Dick. It will be just them and they are ready for a fight.

Justin Credible yells at Chastity to shut up, and then asks if he and Tommy Dreamer have a problem. He asks what he did to provoke him, and says maybe it's that ECW is behind him like they used to be behind Tommy, or that he's the fans' new favorite wrestler, or that he ran his partner out of ECW. Or because I ruined that moment you had for your grandpa? He says he doesn’t blame Tommy for the loss tonight; he blames Chastity and calls her Dense DAT SHOOT! He then forces her to wear a shirt and leaves.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I've done my research on Chasity.......
larrydavid2.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I've been scratching my head ever since she was brought in, in 1997 and she was in WCW too. Like why?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 295
December 19th, 1998
Various Locations I guess

Joey Styles opens the show by saying in 1998 not one recognized world champion based in the US defended their world title, except Shane Douglas here tonight. Clipjob of Douglas/Gedo for the ECW Title at the FMW show. Douglas wins obviously.

Taz/Douglas/Sabu video stuff again.

RVD, Bill Alfonso and Sabu are in Japan; they cut pretty much the same promo from last week just with Sabu there and hitting RVD.

Jerry Lynn/Mikey Whipwreck from the Fort Lauderdale show airs; it’s clipped to about 3 minutes. Lance Storm and Dawn come out to watch and Lance interferes and seems to be helping Mikey, but Mikey still can't win so Lance hits Mikey with a chair and says he's a loser. Lynn then hits a crappy German Suplex to win.

Clips air of Dreamer and Credible getting involved in one another’s matches. Oh, we then see that awful credible promo too. Jeez can’t go one show without overexposing this shit.

Awesome vs. Tanaka from Heatwave ’98 is aired in full.

Dudleyz vs. RVD/Sabu is clipped to shit; RVD and Sabu win the titles back which isn’t shocking considering Fonzie put the tag careers on the line.

ONE MORE SHOW LEFT !!!!! :mark:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ECW Tag Team Champions: Rob Van Dam & Sabu

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 296
December 21st, 1998
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Joey Styles is in the ring and welcomes us to the show; he begins to hype the PPV when Taz interrupts. He says he’s gonna make this short and simple, and he’s gonna give receipt number 3 to Sabu tonight. Shane said I do the heist, and he pays the price. HIT MY FUCKIN’ MUSIC!

During Justin Credible and his shitty little entourage entrance Chastity begins mouthing off to some black chick (its Jazz shhhhhhhh, that’ a shoot. Am I doing it right?) Jason has to pull her away, because Justin needs the TV time. Chastity again takes off her oversized top trying to look hawt so Justin throws her out, but she goes right to the black woman and gets into a shoving match. The mystery woman gets in and we have a CAT FIGHT! The men do a terrible job at pulling them apart, Justin calmly calms down Jazz AND HE CANES CHASITY :lmaolmao Jazz begins cane ’ing her too until Bob Artes the ring announcer jumps in, he tries to shield Chastity’s body so Justin begins cane’ing the shit out of him. DAT PUSH BABY! Tommy Dreamer runs out to save, but so does Terry Funk who comes out calling him Tommy Loser. He says he wants to kick him in the balls, why? Because he’s yellow and a chicken. A YELLOW CHICKEN SHIT? Funk says he has a hand behind his back. He says Tommy used him and dares him to hit the one-armed man, and tries to start a "CHICKEN DICK" chant and fails. They both beat on Tommy and Terry Funk says to meet his new protégé, Justin Credible hahahahahahahaahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Dat CREDIBLE PUSH TO THE FUCKIN MOON! They then proceed to beat the shit out of Tommy for 4 to 5 minutes.

Yoshihiro Tajiri vs. Antifaz Del Norte
FUCK YES! I’ve waited 2 years for this moment TAJARI DEBUT :mark: I don’t even mind that he’s clean shaven and is wearing generic Japanese short trunks attire because his kicks are fuckin’ amazing, his dives are a thing of beauty and he’s jut unbelievable, this Del Norte guy doesn’t look bad, but this is clearly the Tajiri show. Oh his is clipped, BECAUSE FUCK YOU! LAST SHOW OF THE YEAR SO ECW CAN SUCK MY LEFT NUT. Tajiri wins with a bridging dragon suplex.

Backstage: RVD and Fonzie cut a promo, RVD says it’s almost time, no not 4:20, well maybe. But first it’s RVD time.

Stevie Prazak interviews Robert Gibson who is watching the show. Danny Doring and Roadkill come over and Doring says Robert Gibson is his dad after they double teamed his mom in the bathroom of a Hardee's. He thought it was Ricky at first, but he has blond hair so it can't be him, we then cut back to Joey.

ECW Television Championship: Balls Mahoney vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)
This is joint in process, well after RVD’s entrance and introductions and after a commercial. They brawl on the floor; RVD then starts resorting to the same kinda tactics he used to keep Bam Bam down. He hits a fuckin flipping senton off the top clearing the rails taking out Balls. RVD gets cocky off the 5-Star-Frogsplash and waits too long to cover so it only gets two. Balls comes with power moves and even his own Frogsplash that gets two. This is a lesser, version of Bam/RVD but it’s still really, really good. Both men trade moves on the chair that two, the ref gets murdered with a accidental van damninator and blood is pouring out his nose, he does manage to recover in time as RVD finally hits the Van Daminator and IMMEDIATELY hits a Five Star Frog Splash to a chair on Balls' chest to win. ***

ZXOPlEX.gif

“FTW” Heavyweight Championship: Taz vs. Sabu (w/Bill Alfonso)
I’ve said this before you put Taz/Sabu in a match and have it go 5-7 minutes, with them hate brawling and beating the shit out of one another it’s money all the time. That’s what they did here and it’s the best match up they’ve had since Barely Legal. Really great table and chair spots from Sabu, and then to put over the fight Sabu is putting up, Taz has to use a weapon for once to take control. They brawl into the crowd and Taz throws Sabu off the bleachers, Sabu is busted open too. I think it was off the baking tray. TAZ FUCKIN’ FULL NELSON SUPLEX’S SABU THROUGH A TABLE! Douglas then runs out, begging him to cover. Fonzie tries to throw in the towel but Taz catches it and throws it right back into his face. Taz then drags Sabu’s lifeless body ontop of his and allows Sabu to cover him. Taz puts the belt on his knocked out body and applauds, but leaves through the crowd. Shane is confused and Fonzie waves EMTs out. ***

In the parking lot; Prazak interviews Taz. He says he always picks his spot, and it's just like Shane said. He did the heist, and now Shane pays the price. Taz then drives away, as we go back to the ring with EMT’s and officials helping Sabu onto a stretcher and in a neckbrace. We also gets various shots of the the DragonSuplex.

I DID IT! FUCK YOU JUSTIN CREDIBLE!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
END OF YEAR AWARDS!

Match Of The Year
10. ECW Hardcore TV: July 11th, 1998 - Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka ***
9. ECW WrestlePalooza: May 3rd, 1998 - Bam Bam Bigelow vs. New Jack ***1/4
8. ECW Heat Wave - Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka *** - ***1/4
7. ECW Hardcore TV: October 31st, 1998 - Rob Van Dam & Sabu vs. The Dudley Boyz *** - ***1/4
6. ECW Hardcore TV: January 19th, 1998 - Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Rob Van Dam *** - ***1/4
5. ECW Hardcore TV: September 12th, 1998 - Masato Tanaka vs. Bam Bam Bigelow ***1/4
4. ECW Hardcore TV: October 24th, 1998 - Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Sabu ***1/4
3. ECW Heat Wave - Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Taz ***1/2 - ***3/4
2. ECW Living Dangerously: March 1st, 1998 - Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Taz ****
1. ECW Hardcore TV: April 11th, 1998 - Rob Van Dam vs. Bam Bam Bigelow ****

PPV of the year: Heat Wave
ECW are terrible at PPV’s like some of the truly worse, but this had some really great stuff on it. Storm/Candido, Awesome/Tanaka, the 2nd half of the tag match, Taz/BamBam hell even Credible/Lynn is watchable. Oh and a New Jack violentfest to close the show.

Tag Team of the year: The Dudley Boyz
So mid-Way it looked like Candido and Storm had this locked up due to, not much competition but since the split; The Dudleyz have taken it to a whole new level not just in the ring but on the mic too, and Sabu/RVD pairing had some cool matches. But I guess I will go with the Dudleyz again as tag team of the year, they were the most consistent all year and were the only real tag team but just occasionally tag.

Wrestler of the Year: Rob Van Dam
It’s has been the RVD SHOW since the first show, now Bam Bam probably had better matches but RVD was just about on every show; he was a consistent given, not saying Bam Bam wasn’t but it felt like we would get one Bam match a month on TV, that really hurt. Still better than over pushed Credible and injury prone Douglas.

Thanks for reading, until next time. I'm out

:drakesalute

Reactions: Kiffy Lube