Early Smackdown Plans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Disarm

Reaction score
Oh sorry, the title is wrong. Its meant to be Summerslam.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

With Triple H out of action again and The Undertaker's return not confirmed now, nothing is solid for this year's SummerSlam pay-per-view. The show was going to be built around Taker and Triple H's returns.

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio has been discussed but it's not a lock. Months ago, WWE wanted to do a mask vs. mask match to expose CM Punk's bald head but obviously that won't be happening now. Other matches discussed include Big Show vs. Jack Swagger and The Harts vs. The Usos.

WWE has also been thinking about doing John Morrison vs. Ted DiBiase, with Melina reuniting with Morrison to even up the odds since DiBiase has Maryse now.

We'll keep you posted as we hear more.

Holy shit, thats horrible.

Reaction score
Let's just have all the superstars in a 2 hour battle royal. Sounds like fluent booking to me.

Sarcasm

Airfixx

Reaction score
Show/Swaggger - Seen that plenty already thanks
Harts/Usos - Ditto

Ted v JoMo is perfectly acceptable... I'd rather they built this to a ppv as both guys still really lack having a solid midcard fued under their belts and I think this could work well for both of them.

Kane vs ???
Sheamus vs ???

Still leaving Edge, Orton, Cena, Miz, Nexus, Bourne (vs Edge please!) amongst others on the Raw side of things and Rey, Show, Punk, Swagger, Kofi + the undercard from SD...

At this stage forming an opinion on what SSlam is gonna be like is rediculous!

Reaction score
Summerslam has a sexy main event in the 7 vs. 7 match. Big tag matches are always awesome and it's invigorating to see 7 fresh faces in the ME scene and it makes sense so Raw won't have to use up 6 matches to get everyone on the roster. Sheamus vs. Orton could be really really sick too. It's just a matter of what SD! puts on the table since if Taker doesn't return, who are they going to pair Kane with? Rey? Punk? Swagger? Show?

So far we got:
The 7 vs 7- I think the Miz is going to somehow get involved with this. I think he might cause R-Truth the fall to help push their little feud and all the meantime it keeps Nexus in the spotlight. He would do it for something along the lines of "for all the disrespect I was shown when I was a rookie" and it get him more over than really anything a singles feud could do. And putting RTruth into his next feud gives RTruth a moderate push as he is the guy who has to go after the turncoat. And eventually it all leads to Miz overstaying his welcome with the Nexus after he catches the belt and somehow Barrett gets a title shot and Michael Cole somehow gets involved as the GM since he's been slurping the Miz up.

There is so much they can do with this match that it could easily feed the whole Raw roster with storylines through the rest of the year and beyond.

Sheamus vs Orton- Probably the first in a series of matches. Sheamus really needs to go over in a strong manner. Pipe Orton's head in.

Usos vs Harts- they have good matches, but the storyline has been taken off the wrong path.
I don't know what the SD! end of the card will look like, but I think somehwhere along the lines, JoMo will be replaced with Evan Bourne and we will get JoMo vs. Teddy. Above all, Rey and Punk need to stay away from each other.

noumenon

Reaction score
Sheamus vs. Orton is worrying me. Orton is quickly rivaling Cena's super man status and unless we see some major swerve I can't imagine him going clean over Orton... and fuck a DQ finish at the major PPV.
Jomo back with Melina isn't a bad idea either. And without Batista around he can actually trust her not to bang someone when he turns his back.

Reaction score
i was expecting Swagger to beat rey at MITB, then Big show cashing it in. to beat swagger and then Slam could of headline Swagger/Show/Mysterio at Summerslam.

while Taker Vs Kane. I don't know if Punk will be ready, But He could of been used some where.

I think Orton Vs Sheamus will be a improvement to there crapfest at Rumble 2010.
Taker Vs Kane could be similiar to there crapfest of Slam 2000

...god...

Reaction score
That sounds awful. All of it. Only cool part out of all this was the thought of Cole mega-heel turning and revealing himself as the GM to somehow manage to sneak Miz a shot at the title (reveal that he simply used the Nexus to get Miz the opportunity to shine and become the #1 guy), thanks Enzo. If Melina coming back means Morrison eventually making her fuck off to return heel/get heat then I'm all for it.

CMS

Reaction score
I now know who Kane will be facing, so I'll just skip that and try to predict the rest of the card...

Well, we have Sheamus vs Orton and the tag match.

Miz vs Bourne

Kofi vs Ziggler

Big Show vs CM Punk

I reckon Ted might get an in ring segment trying to buy someone.

For the rest, I am truly lost. I would say Christian vs Matt Hardy but I don't know if WWE would give them a spot in the PPV. Same goes for the HD against who I can only assume are next, Hawkins and Archer. Maybe they'll do some multi man tag match.

Other guys like Rhodes, McIntyre, you just know they won't be left out, but I have no idea what they will be doing.

Reaction score
With the exception of Great Khali, I am loving this 7 on 7 match. At this point I'm really hoping for Miz vs. Bourne but I wouldnt be surprised if they just put Miz on commentary to tease him cashing in Money in the Bank after the Sheamus vs. Orton match.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
With the exception of Great Khali, I am loving this 7 on 7 match. At this point I'm really hoping for Miz vs. Bourne but I wouldnt be surprised if they just put Miz on commentary to tease him cashing in Money in the Bank after the Sheamus vs. Orton match.

Ya know, that's actually a good idea. We all know Miz is gold on the mic. Have him run commentary during Sheamus' matches (or whoever is the champ) just to play mind games with him.