Did Heenan help Create Hulk Hogan and Keep him over

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
After rewatching some older WCW PPV's with [MENTION=1]Bad News Punk[/MENTION] one the things that has stuck out is everytime Hogan appeared or someone came over from WWF to WCW Heenan would discuss how much they hated Hogan along with himself. The whole PPV's were great listening to Heenan but when Hogan came out he turned it up a notch to state how much he hated the guy and how he has betrayed so many people and was just a horrible person. Look at all the main feuds Hogan had in the WWF the majority of them were Heenan guys King Kong Bundy, Andre, along with others. I would go on to say that I think Heenan was one of the biggest Reasons Hogan became so popular because he bashed the guy at every chance that he could. His announce work in WCW was great showing how much he hated Hogan even when he joined the nWo he still hated the guy.

[video=youtube;sGXvA0Ra9Is]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXvA0Ra9Is[/video]

What are your thoughts on this or am I reading into this to much.

Reactions: 1 person

Castiel

Reaction score
I think you're pretty spot on. Heenan played a major part in getting him over as a face and did a good job at having us hate him as a heel. I don't think he's the sole reason or anything though, without Heenan I think Hogan would've still managed to be the top guy but it's hard to deny that he helped a good bit.