Destination X Discussion Thread - July 10th *spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
Samoa Joe Being Punished

The Pro Wrestling Torch is reporting that the general feeling among wrestlers is that Samoa Joe was asked to put over Tomko and Christian Cage as punishment for his comment he used at a Ring of Honor show where he had quote "tripped over bad booking."

When Joe was confronted about the line, he told TNA President Dixie Carter that he was simply cutting a wrestling pomo and didn't even have TNA on his mind when he made the comment. However, TNA's creative team wasn't buying that excuse and he was then booked to lose to Tomko and Christian Cage.

While many see this as the situation that went down, Joe apparently isn't showing he is upset over the recent losses in the locker room. One TNA wrestler even described Joe as having a "I don't give a sh*t" type attitude regarding his TNA push and if it will continue or stall some more. The approach isn't just limited to Joe in TNA as many of the younger wrestlers, more specifically in the X Division, share his sentiment because they don't feel the current creative team will ever utilize them the right way.

MJ807

Reaction score
What ever its not like it affected his popularity in TNA or anything he'll eventually win the world title.

Reaction score
i agree with the x division stars, im doubting the creative team will ever use them the right way... as long as Russo's there.

phantomgerald

i don't blame them for feeling that way. i mean, the likes of sonjay dutt have not fought a match in months

Da Purple Guy

Reaction score
I can understand the X-Division feeling that way. I believe that the writers are not taking taking them seriously. I would be pissed off too, if the only way I could get on tv is to play musical chairs with Kevin Nash cheering them on.

The X-Division is one of the reason I started watching TNA and ever since Kevin Nash has been involed with the X-Divison, its been a damn joke.

MJ807

Reaction score
Well its not like Nash chose to destroy the X Division I blame the WCW murderer Vince Russo.

CenaMark54

The chances of Joe going to the WWE get better every day. Does anyone know how long his contract with TNA is?

I know the WWE tried hard to sign him in the past.

circle

Reaction score
I don't like seeing Joe punished over a silly comment, but the X-Division needs more face time. I hope this next PPV will allow them to showcase their skills more.

Axis

The chances of Joe going to the WWE get better every day. Does anyone know how long his contract with TNA is?

I know the WWE tried hard to sign him in the past.

I don't know if Joe has ever commented on going to WWE, but I don't think I could really ever see him going there. If he were to leave TNA, it would probably be to wrestle for ROH and other indy companies again.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
wallthumb.jpg

[video=youtube;bBGLZjf2ZE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBGLZjf2ZE0&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Confirmed Card

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

x5.jpg

x3.jpg

x4.jpg

x6.jpg

Doug Williams Open Challenge

Ben

Reaction score
Actually really excited for this show. Hoping it's going to be all about the in ring action and no screwy finishes. Can see this easily being the best PPV of the year for TNA.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Daniels vs AJ is probably gonna own and RVD/Lynn has a chance to as well. Still wish they would have done another 3 way with Joe/AJ/Daniels though. Maybe they plan to at BFG or something.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It's mostly a solid looking card and I'm sure it will deliver.

However if it doesn't go well as in the way TNA wants it to go this could be the last big hurrah for a division that seemed to be fading from Impact Wrestling.

Baller

Reaction score
Daniels will turn heel at this PPV, no doubt about it

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
As for Daniels I still don't understand how he's an official member of Fortune. He came in as just a friend of the group for Lockdown and now he's being referred to as a member. Wasn't the original idea of Fo(u)rtune that they only have four (active) members like the Four Horsemen? I guess now that Flair isn't apart of the group they can insult tradition.

So, yeah just because all of this crap I hope you are correct and Daniels does indeed turn.