DC Universe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Maybe for you, and don't get me wrong they haven't got shit right either...but you're fooling yourself If you don't think they still won't make money even if WW gets panned. And Justice League will still kill the box office.

Hell Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles still make shit tons of money and they suck.

But as far as having faith they can do anything right...you may be right. This is probably their last chance to show they can do it. The trailers have looked really good.

No all their movies are gonna make money regardless. They're already moving forward with the rest of the DCEU but if the movies suck then it's just gonna be looked at as the company that failed trying to catch up to Marvel. I think that if this isn't good it's gonna impact the box office for future movies too.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Suicide squad was fun, people focused too much on an actor bitching about his scenes being cut to see past that.

Batman v Superman wasn't good tho, but we all try act like Marvel has been perfect, even if their second avengers was just as disappointing and jumbled as BVS and every iron Man movie after the first has been shit.

And I'm not going to even bring up Thor 2 or let alone the two hulk movies.

Also, none of these movies have been financial failures.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Suicide squad was fun, people focused too much on an actor bitching about his scenes being cut to see past that.

Batman v Superman wasn't good tho, but we all try act like Marvel has been perfect, even if their second avengers was just as disappointing and jumbled as BVS and every iron Man movie after the first has been shit.

And I'm not going to even bring up Thor 2 or let alone the two hulk movies.

Also, none of these movies have been financial failures.

But at the end of the day the Marvel movies got good reviews while DC didn't. But I do agree with you that a lot of marvel films diserved to get shit on as much as DC but they haven't. As for suicide squad, it had good characters but the story was fucking terrible. Anyway you look at it, DC have got off on a bad note and if they screw up the first female led superhero film that's fucking it.

Drew

Reaction score
Even Thor 1 got some bad reviews. And both Hulks got killed.

At the end of the day it's not about reviews. It's about making money.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Drew

Reaction score

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Why do people keep bringing up both hulk movies. The first wasn't part of the MCU

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why do people keep bringing up both hulk movies. The first wasn't part of the MCU
Because it's a marvel movie.......duh.

Let's not conveniently forget Marvel didn't have shit after shit after shit before Kevin Feige took over. MCU or not doesn't mean a thing. You're grading 3 DC movies on a curve that Marvel had like 8 years to do.

And LOL at going with critics on this one and no selling them when it comes to iron fist.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Because it's a marvel movie.......duh.

Let's not conveniently forget Marvel didn't have shit after shit after shit before Kevin Feige took over. MCU or not doesn't mean a thing. You're grading 3 DC movies on a curve that Marvel had like 8 years to do.

And LOL at going with critics on this one and no selling them when it comes to iron fist.

I'm grading them on a curve because they were the first movies in the DCEU and they got trashed. If you start well you have some cushion later. DC has no cushion.
And what the hell do you mean Iron fist? All I said was I'll judge for myself. I had the same reaction when I first read the DCEU reviews and for the most part they were right.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm grading them on a curve because they were the first movies and they got trashed. If you start well you have some cushion later. DC has no cushion.
Oh Incredible Hulk was so great it didn't halt the momentum Ironman had :MJ:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Oh Incredible Hulk was so great it didn't halt the momentum Ironman had :MJ:

Not really. People still consider iron man one of the best marvel films and credit it for Marvels success. And idk why you're shitting on IH so much when it got mixed reviews. It certainly wasn't shit on as much as the DCEU films

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
DC movies were already being shit on before they even released a trailer.

Audience approval ratings don't coincide with critic polls.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
DC movies were already being shit on before they even released a trailer.

Audience approval ratings don't coincide with critic polls.

The DC movies got shit on by a lot of the audience though. It's not like the divide between critics and fans is astronomical

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So that's why there was a petition to shut down rotten tomatoes over the suicide squad scores.......The fans and critic scores were soooo close.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So that's why there was a petition to shut down rotten tomatoes over the suicide squad scores.......The fans and critic scores were soooo close.

Do you realize how many fans are out there? Millions. Just cause a couple thousand petitioned to shut down rotten tomatoes doesn't mean there's a huge divide. Those fans are just crazy.