David Hart Smith

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So we all know that wwe released several superstars and divas a few months ago. Among them was D.H. Smith. Ever since then he's been saying that wwe made a big mistake by releasing him and never gave him a fair chance.

I really can't see what he would have done if he stuck around.

Any thoughts.

The Viper

Reaction score
I think the WWE should have brought him in as a member of Legacy back in 2009. Now, that would have been pretty great. I believe that was their original plan or at least they were thinking about it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think the WWE should have brought him in as a member of Legacy back in 2009. Now, that would have been pretty great. I believe that was their original plan or at least they were thinking about it.

How do you know.

The Viper

Reaction score
How do you know.

In late 2008, there were reports out saying that the WWE were thinking about bringing DH Smith in (I think with his real name) as a member of Legacy. Then they probably just decided not to and brought in Manu and Sim Snuka instead (which was a fail, IMO).

Sabretooth

Reaction score
In late 2008, there were reports out saying that the WWE were thinking about bringing DH Smith in (I think with his real name) as a member of Legacy. Then they probably just decided not to and brought in Manu and Sim Snuka instead (which was a fail, IMO).

Well pretend that he was never going into legacy. I meant what would have happened to him after he broke up with Tyson Kidd.

The Viper

Reaction score
Well pretend that he was never going into legacy. I meant what would have happened to him after he broke up with Tyson Kidd.

Well since he was pretty good in the ring, they could have kept him on Superstars and have some good matches with Drew, Trent, Masters (before he got released), etc. I don't see him being anything more than a low mid-carder anyway.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well since he was pretty good in the ring, they could have kept him on Superstars and have some good matches with Drew, Trent, Masters (before he got released), etc. I don't see him being anything more than a low mid-carder anyway.

EXACTLY! I dont know what the fuck he was expecting to do because like I said before he keeps saying that he didn't get a fair chance so...

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
EXACTLY! I dont know what the fuck he was expecting to do because like I said before he keeps saying that he didn't get a fair chance so...

He's just saying that because he's bitter...or delusional....or most likely both.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
He's just saying that because he's bitter...or delusional....or most likely both.

Oh wait a minute. I think a feud between him and Cody Rhodes over the IC title would have been good

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Oh wait a minute. I think a feud between him and Cody Rhodes over the IC title would have been good

No.

Smith would out wrestle Cody in the ring and Cody would have to sell those matches by himself seeing as DH had really no character but, being Davey Boy's son. For that to happen, he would had to be pushed before he left and it probably would have failed.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
No.

Smith would out wrestle Cody in the ring and Cody would have to sell those matches by himself seeing as DH had really no character but, being Davey Boy's son. For that to happen, he would had to be pushed before he left and it probably would have failed.

What about a feud between D.H. Smith and goldust

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
What about a feud between D.H. Smith and goldust

It would be the same scenario. IMO the best way to get Smith over would be how they put Ion over in TNA. Let them wrestle. You give Kidd and Smith 10 minutes on SmackDown they would steal the show. Do it again and maybe a third time - both guys instantly have some credibility in the company.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Solid hand with tons of potential, but lacking charisma big time.

Simply put, they broke up the Hart Dynasty too soon. The split led to nothing for either guy and the duo covered each others weaknesses pretty well.

It's also fair to say he didn't get a fair shot as a singles guy. He was off TV long before they released him, and the only real gimmick he had was one week randomly showing up with a cowboy hat. He could have good matches (he had an awesome one with Regal on Superstars), but WWE just didn't seem interested in him. Weird considering they usually splooge over 2nd gen talent.

Castiel

Reaction score
Smith's only good as a pure wrestler, he just doesn't work well in WWE. There was nothing for him to really do, I don't think he would fit any real character too well.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Smith's only good as a pure wrestler, he just doesn't work well in WWE. There was nothing for him to really do, I don't think he would fit any real character too well.

That is what I was getting. He doesn't have any charisma, he would work better in a promotion that is more wrestling base. Even if Natalya still managed him it would help by leaps and bounds.