current wwe salaries.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
lol sorry bout the roh logo.theres no way cena is only making 2 mil when hes their top merch seller,or used to be anyway.
The $1 - $2m figure I put was just the downside, you've then gotta factor in the bonuses, merch sales etc like Deezy said.

To give you an idea, here's some info

Below is the World Wrestling Entertainment talent roster payroll that was taken from October of 2004 until February of 2006. The shown dollar amount beside each wrestler is the grand total that they earned from World Wrestling Entertainment in a one year period (downside guarantees, bonuses, and merchandise shares). Some wrestler’s were given special privileges and bonuses in their contracts which can also be seen beside their total pay. All wrestler’s contracts begin and end at different months of the year, there for each shown amount is what that particular wrestler earned in a 365 day time period between October 2004 and February 2006 (or however long they have been with the company). All dollar amounts were rounded up/down (Example: $244,766 would be $245,000)

- Batista: $813,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
- Big Show: $1,000,000 (Base salary)
- John Cena: $1,743,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
- John Layfield: $786,000 (Five star hotel accommodations paid for every week)
- Kane: $ 851,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
- Kurt Angle: $1,023,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)
- Shawn Michaels: $1,045,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)
- Triple H: $2,013,000 (Allowed the personal use of company jet (10) times per year. First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)

WWE Salaries | WRESTLESCOOP

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Important to note that Dave was still on his first contract with the company then, so that gives you an idea of where you can go from a developmental deal id you make ppv, tv, and house shows regularly. He has said before on busted Open that his first main roster deal came in 07.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With HHH's salary it is $1 million a year even if he is injured and misses the entire year. Every event he appears on from house show to PPV he gets a cut of the live gate. For every PPV he gets a percentage of the PPV sales depending on what position he has on the card. He also gets a percentage of all merchandise sales relating to his character. Add it all up and he is probably getting a few million a year and the top stars would all be on something around there, Cena at the top would make close to $5 million a year.

On the other end of the scale I am pretty sure that the basic WWE contract is now $75k a year and that is the downside guarantee.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Like the other guys said I imagine top guys are between $1-$3 mil, plus merch where midcardes/jobbers around $50/$100K

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Gregory Helms once said his cheque just for the royalties from the Smackdown vs Raw game was enough to pay off a mortgage.

The downsides are basic by entertainment industry standards but the fringe benefits are great.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
WWE has published their 10-K report for 2011 and it includes their wrestling contract with Paul Levesque (a/k/a Triple H). The new agreement went into effect January 1, 2012 and expires on March 30, 2016, when he is 46 years old.

Highlights:

* Levesque will be paid a 'Minimum Annual Compensation' of $1 million for each year under contract.

* Levesque will be limited to 180 dates per year, unless both parties mutually agree to extend beyond that number.

* Levesque cannot work or perform in any capacity for any 'martial arts' organization while under contract.

I'm guessing the MMA clause is now something in everyones contract?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Theres a ton of legal nonsense just as formalities to appease shareholders.

Vince McMahons contract is floating around on the net too, and it has a clause preventing him from setting up a rival wrestling promotion. Come on bro.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That one is kinda funny since he was actually helping out ECW before he bought it.

PY.

Reaction score
For real though, does anyone know how much Punk is really making himself and the WWE? I remember Cena was pulling in huge numbers and I heard Punk's doing the same for the male demographic.

Actually read despite lower buyrates, WWE's superstars are making them tons, which makes WWE even more.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Gregory Helms once said his cheque just for the royalties from the Smackdown vs Raw game was enough to pay off a mortgage.

!!! That would be one fantastic cheque to get in the mail. I do remember Kid Kash saying, in an interview after his release, that he was loving the cheques coming in from his action figure and the video game. If you are one of the midcarders you must really want to get into that game and at least have a couple of pieces of merchandise out.

Deuce

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure CM Punk gets the highest paying salary in the WWE right now, he's WWE champion, has been looking dominant and his fan base is HUGE.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I still think that John Cena would earn more. I think that Cena would have the highest base salary of all WWE wrestlers and he would earn more from all the extra work he does for WWE.

Deuce

Reaction score
But add the merchandise in there and Punk would get more money in that area, have you seen how much Punk merchandise is around the arena? Hell of a lot more than Cena.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I still see a lot of Cena merchandise out there, from all reports the merchandise sales are basically even between those two and those two are well clear of the next guy. Either way both guys are making a lot of money.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
CM Punk making more than Cena is laughable at best.