CTG's WWE Over The Limit Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
WWE Over the Limit Review and Random Thoughts

Hello I'm CTG I review it so you don't have to. Last night WWE Over The Limit was live on pay per view. As a whole this show just felt very flat and never really got off the ground in terms of bringing the excitement. Let's review this thing shall we. Don't expect a lot of details but do expect some cursing and ranting.​

Started things off with Kofi Kingston defeating Drew McIntyre in an ok match to win the Intercontinental Championship. Didn't see a whole lot of this match. Only saw the aftermath with McIntyre whining and Matt Hardy coming out. Hopefully they actually do something with Kofi now.
Rating: None​

Next R Truth defeated Ted Dibiase in another alright match. Again didn't see whole lot of this match. Ending kind of came out of nowhere and the match seemed a little short. Reports said that Ted Dibiase suffered a concussion off a slap by R Truth early in the match and that's why the match was short. A slap? Really?

After that Rey Mysterio defeated CM Punk in a good match. This match could have been better had the match not been stopped because of blood. You know I can understand WWE not wanting to have people bleeding all over the place due to blading. However if the blood happens hard way I think they should let it go because stopping the match hurts the flow of the match and all it does is kill the crowd as evidenced by the boring chant. Other than that the match was quite good. Punk was awesome as usual. Rey wins and Punk gets shaved bald. Now hopefully this feud will finally end but now we'll probably have another match with Punk wanting revenge on Rey. I wonder if we'll see Punk come out wearing a wig. The comedy possibilities are endless.
Rating: 3 and ½ Grenades​

Next up the Hart Dynasty defeated Miz and Chris Jericho in another good match. And you know God bless Chris Jericho for actually trying to get the crowd into the match but the crowd just did not give a fuck about this match. And it wasn't that the match was bad but I still don't think the crowd cares enough about the Hart Dynasty yet. Other than that this match was good. Lots of nearfalls and good solid tag team wrestling.
Rating: 3 grenades​

Now we come to the match. Randy Orton vs. Edge. If you want a lesson in how to kill a crowd for the rest of a show you should watch this match. This match seriously killed this show. In particular the end. Now the match is going along and it's your typical Orton match. Pacing was very slow and it seemed like the match would kick up in the second half but Orton injures himself doing some spot and further aggravates it by pounding the mat. And I do have to give them credit because I'm sure Orton and Edge both wanted to crawl under the ring and hide because this situation had to suck. Especially live on pay per view. So we get the improvised double count out finish. The funny thing about this match was Mr. Anderson's tweeting about Karma being a motherfucker.

Following that debacle we got Jack Swagger defending the World Heavyweight Title against Big Show and this match was bullshit this was. Fucking boring as sin and not a good way to follow something like Edge vs. Orton's shit ending. You know after Orton got injured and they had to improvise the finish the crowd was completely deflated. Somebody should have went up to Jack Swagger and Big Show and said “Ok the crowd is kinda pissed off if we do the original stuff there gonna crap all over it. Go out there and give the crowd something to get excited about”. And this isn't Big Show's first match he should have done something to make the match better and Goddamn the fucking end of this match was bullshit and not the way to follow up Edge and Orton. If they were gonna do a disqualification ending anyway they could have had Big show put Swagger in a bear hug and when the ref asks Swagger if he gives him up Swagger slaps him or shoves him causing the disqualification. Then when the bell rings, Big Show thinks he won when the referee raises his hand. Then the announcer could go “the winner of the match as a result of a disqualification Big Show so Jack Swagger is still World Champion” Swagger hightails it out of the ring and Big Show looks on pissed.
Rating: ½ Grenade if you're feeling really generous.​

Eve defeated Maryse to retain the divas title. At this point the payperview was in a huge hole that this match was not gonna be able to dig the show out of. I don't care how good a match they could have had it wouldn't have saved this show. They went out there and had a not bad but not amazing divas match. I don't have time for Eve even on her best day. Finish comes when Eve hits a cunt buster (or vag factor whatever you want to call it) on Maryse for the win. Moving on.
Rating: 1 Grenade​

Finally in the main event John Cena made Batista say I Quit to retain the WWE Title. This match was good but it wasn't outstanding and I think the rest of this show really hurt this match because by this point the show was just so deflated. They brawled all over the place and finish comes when Batista bitches out after Cena threatens to AA him off a car through the stage. Cena does it anyway and Batista goes through the stage. Sheamus carbon footprints Cena after the match.
Rating: 3 and ½ Grenades​

Final thoughts: This show just proves without question that WWE has completely forgotten how to read a crowd and adapt to it. Instead of the show going up and recovering after the Edge/Orton crap the show went *flush*. Show was not good by any stretch of the imagination. Definitely not worth buying the replay or the DVD. Don't even bother wasting hard drive space on a torrent. Avoid. Do not want.
Rating: 2 and ¼ Grenades​