Conor McGregor says Sinead O'Connor will sing his walkout song at UFC 189.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
mmafighting.com said:
Conor McGregor will have quite the unique entrance Saturday night.

"The Notorious" confirmed that Sinead O'Connor will sing his walkout song live at UFC 189 before his fight with Chad Mendes for the interim featherweight title at MGM Grand.

"The McGregor show is a spectacle," the Irishman said at UFC 189 open workouts Tuesday.

McGregor comes out to a mix of O'Connor's "Foggy Dew," a legendary Irish ballad. O'Connor wrote that she was coming to Las Vegas to "sing Conor McGregor into his fight" last week on Facebook, but the UFC has not yet made an official statement on it.

McGregor, who is not easily impressed, is extremely pleased that O'Connor will be there in person. UFC president Dana White also happens to be a huge fan of the Irish singer.

"I've been coming out to Sinead for a long time," McGregor said. "To have her sing live, it's gonna be historic."

Author: Marc Ramondi

-------------------------------------------------------------

He certainly is doing his job as the UFC's head showman. More importantly, he's successful. He's gonna have his hands full with Mendes but personally I do see him winning this fight. He's more high on himself more than any other UFC fighter ever, even Chael Sonnen.