1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Coming Soon - The Trailer Thread! (feat: Star Trek Beyond)

Discussion in 'Coming Attractions' started by The Linebacker, Nov 14, 2012.

1. The Linebacker

The Linebacker [Blank Space]

The new go to place for any trailers of upcoming films. Seen something you think looks immense? Post it here for everyone else to see, mods can update the thread title every time a new trailer comes up.

Here's the two trailers I've seen that inspired this thread, first up "Life of Pi".

[video=youtube;m7WBfntqUoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7WBfntqUoA[/video]

This film looks absolutely stunning, so much so that I started reading the book not long after seeing it for the first time. Due out soon, this could be a late contender for my favourite film of the year if it sticks faithfully to the source material. It of course helps that the director has a great track record.

2. The Linebacker

Re: The Upcoming Movie Trailer Thread! (feat: "Deadfall")

[video=youtube;1IWaBAwTf2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IWaBAwTf2U&feature=relmfu[/video]

I dunno about you but Eric Bana looks great in this. Whole cast sounds great two, could be a lot of fun.

3. The Linebacker

Re: The Upcoming Movie Trailer Thread! (feat: "Oz the Great & Powerful")

[video=youtube;Qy2fJsCkUn4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy2fJsCkUn4&list=UURX7UEyE8kp35mPrgC2sosA&index=9&feature=plcp[/video]

The good news is we've got Mila Kunis. The bad news is we've got Zach Braff. Either way, I expect Disney have got a lot riding on this one, and so far it looks like it should do decent business.

4. The Linebacker

Re: The Upcoming Movie Trailer Thread! (feat: "Oz the Great & Powerful")

[video=youtube;JTcuGI8egFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTcuGI8egFE&feature=g-user-u[/video]

Yep, a film with Hugh Jackman & Russell Crowe belting out tunes. Expect a lot of Oscar buzz around this one.

5. Anaconda Vice

Anaconda Vice Well-Known Member

stanhansen
    brusierbrody
    rickrude
    randysavage
    Re: The Upcoming Movie Trailer Thread! (feat: "Les Miserables")

Just to add a little controversy to the thread, am I the only one who feels film adaptations of stage musicals should have their own separate category at the Academy Awards? I've pretty much felt this way since Chicago beat out Gangs of New York and The Pianist at the Oscars about 10 years ago.

6. The Linebacker

Are there enough of them every year? And it seems unfair to exclude a film based on it's beginnings, that's like excluding any films based on books from the category.

7. Castiel

Castiel Well-Known Member

In a way I agree with Fuji but I also wonder the same thing as LB. So I add nothing here really.

Deadfall look amazing! Phenomenal cast, very happy Kate Mara finally seems to scored a big role. I'm not sure what to make of Oz yet though... James Franco and Mila Kunis sounds great, it certainly has an interesting an unique look too.

8. Anaconda Vice

stanhansen
    brusierbrody
    rickrude
    randysavage

Not all books are turned into films though, and they have a category at the Academy Awards for Best Adapted Screenplay so its not like they're shutting pictures like those out.

9. JakeYourBooty

JakeYourBooty Hey Yo

scotthall
    kevinnash
    hhh
    shawnmichaels
    shaneomac
    nwo

I think that more musicals should be made and that yes they should have their own category..
    Musicals are awesome fun...just watch some of the old MGM ones they were just amazing. Back then actors had to be really talented and do everything..sing, act, dance....we need more of that imo

10. Anaconda Vice

stanhansen
    brusierbrody
    rickrude
    randysavage

I think that's part of the reason why I want them to have their own category, because I too would like to see more of them. Why only have one or two a year (or even less than that) when we could have several? As you say, the old MGM ones were simply magical and in this day and age, we could really use a lot more of those than some of the more depressing fare that's constantly hitting theaters.

11. JakeYourBooty

JakeYourBooty Hey Yo

scotthall
    kevinnash
    hhh
    shawnmichaels
    shaneomac
    nwo

I mean we must have enough multi talented people that could pull these things off...

Justin Timberlake comes to mind as someone who would flourish in a world like the old MGM days

12. The Linebacker

Re: The Upcoming Movie Trailer Thread! (feat: "After Earth")

[video=youtube;VzHbdlSKX1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzHbdlSKX1w&feature=g-user-u[/video]

The latest Will Smith vehicle, now featuring Smith Jr.!

Not as high on Smith as I used to be, but looks decent enough.

13. Castiel

Castiel Well-Known Member

As soon as I saw "father and son" I know it would be with his son! I think that's basically what he see's as his purpose now, the escalate his son. It even seems like Jaden is the real main character with Will seemingly injured in the crash. His son annoys me big time though. The fear speech was nice.

14. Wang Chung

Wang Chung Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

hulkhogan
    ajstyles2
    nwo

[video=youtube;G07pSbHLXgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07pSbHLXgg[/video]

So Ryan Goseling again. I like the premise. This could be a decent film.

15. Wang Chung

Wang Chung Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

hulkhogan
    ajstyles2
    nwo
    Re: The Upcoming Movie Trailer Thread! (feat: "The Place Beyond the Pines")

[video=youtube;9246msCh7x4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9246msCh7x4[/video]

Cast:Jeremy Renner---Enough Said

I am there. This looks fucking amazing. Renner is becoming quite the action guy.