CM's 50 Favourite Albums

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

-CM-

Reaction score
I think I'm going to try my hand at a little countdown list. Music is a big passion of mine. I'll only do this if people are going to have a slight interest though, so who's in for a good ol' fashioned countdown?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'll check it out. Could you describe all of them in the style of Patrick Bateman?

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I'll be sure to look at this, is this all time favourite albums?

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
nice always love to get a look into people's opinions and tastes

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Seems like we have a similar taste in music, so I'd be interested.

-CM-

Reaction score

"Out of Frequency" by "The Asteroids Galaxy Tour"
115379920.jpg

'Now if I said to you that Danish Alternative Dance-Pop is a thing... You may not have believed me... But it is, and these guys are the reason. It's loud, it's in your face, and one of the most destintivly sounding bands I've ever come across. The lead singer's voice is unique but powerful at the same time, and I love what sounds like electro-brass instruments used throughout. Here's a taste;

[YOUTUBE]KBDoRRXxXgo[/YOUTUBE]

Drunk Like Bible Times by Dear and the Headlights
220px-EVR150-DrunkLikeBibleTimes.jpg

I really enjoy this album, been listening to it for years. It rises and falls at just the right times. The guys voice isn't technically perfect, which I always am a big fan of, gives the album a rough edge which I usually look for in music. One of favourites is this song
[YOUTUBE]sXxnGL_vISc[/YOUTUBE]

American Idiot by Green Day
6768520.jpg

Haters gonna hate. I see a lot of people who say they 'hate' Green Day. Now whilst I'm not their biggest fan, I still think this album is amazing. Yes it's gone commerical and mainstream, but the music is still the same as it was when first released. Jesus of Suburbia is easily in my all time favourite songs. If you've not listened to it. Get ready for one of the best 10 minutes on music you'll hear. Remember to set aside the fact that "ew it's Green Day" and just listen to it.
[YOUTUBE]JMcNzjzw63I[/YOUTUBE]

Postman Dave

Reaction score
American Idiot was the last time I liked Green Day, that album was huge when I was in my last year of school.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Never heard that Dear and the Headlights band before, but they're pretty good. I'll definitely check some more of their stuff out.

-CM-

Reaction score

"A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" by "Panic! At The Disco"
425880.jpg

I remember when I heard this at school for the first time, my mate had "time to dance" as his ringtone, and I needed to get the album. The whole thing has a weird quirky vibe to it which I'm a sucker for. Without doubt their finest work imo, whilst Pretty Odd and Vices and Virtues were enjoyable, they lack the magic that album has;

[YOUTUBE]gsEDohDV35U[/YOUTUBE]

Nizlopi by Nizlopi
6782505.jpg

YES if you are wondering "aren't those the jcb guys" indeed they are. The inspiration behind artists like Ed Sheeran who have gone onto great success, these guys don't get the credit they deserve. And they done the whole thing working off their own record label with no backing from anyone else. Legends.

[YOUTUBE]FETL5MKLvmQ[/YOUTUBE]

Jake Bugg by Jake Bugg
Cover_art_of_album_'Jake_Bugg'.png

Is there anything better than one man and a guitar? I love how simple things can be, but then you get a guy with a voice like Jake Bugg just to add an edge to the simplicity. This guy comes with a lot of hype and I was glad that the album lived up to it. He's not half had live either.
[YOUTUBE]Lljqw7uEjDA[/YOUTUBE]

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Panic at the Disco? Get out......

Wasn't aware Nizlopi did anything other than the JCB song :lol: Can definitely hear the Ed Sheeran inspiration in that track you posted.

Big recommendation for Jake Bugg considering it's still a new album. I like what I've heard of him.

-CM-

Reaction score
Haha yea man I know there's a lot of Panic! Hate because of the way they act and such. I'm in it for the music, it's a bit weird, bit cheesy at times. Right up my street :p

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
That Jake Bugg album is pretty good for a debut, I recommend it as well.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I can stomach their third album stuff (that one's actually not bad), but albums 1 & especially 2 do my head in.