Christian Out For Up To Six Months? (Slight Spoiler)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MC Rae

Reaction score
"PWInsider.com has confirmed that Christian suffered a torn pectoral muscle and is expected to be out six months following surgery this week. WWE will write Christian out this week on Smackdown during an angle with Alberto Del Rio"

Source: PWInsider
-
Shame. Christian is consistently putting on solid matches on SmackDown! The silver lining perhaps is that Del Rio will get even more heat for this.

Here's hoping Christian will be given a good angle on his return.

nation

Reaction score
Well fuck watching wrestling now.

soulpower

Reaction score
Christian should be back before Wrestlemania. Just in time to qualify for MITB, not win it, and do NOTHING for the rest of the year.

Montana

Reaction score
Awful time to suffer an injury. Hopefully he will be able to return by Mania. I'd like to see him be a world champ in the WWE one day.

With Hardy suspended...either Mysterio needs to return or MVP/Koffi will have a mini fued with Del Rio. Their roster is getting thin of faces.

Reaction score
God damn it! He was doing so awesome on SmackDown, i hope he gets back in time for WM27 to get into MITB or maybe even an Edge style Rumble win and a title match against Edge at WM.

Reaction score
It's a shame; Christian was going to be a massive star in his feud with Alberto.

For years, Christian hasn't really shown me anything that Ive been interested in. I liked his run as IC champ during the summer of 03, but I really looked forward to his run with Alberto. His promo with Del Rio on a recent episode of Smackdown was great and I hoped that these two could fight whilst Mysterio remained off the show. I dislike Mysterio and was excited at the thought of a Christian/Alberto match at a PPV. Alberto's character has been unbelivable recently; I liked how WWE put a promo of him on the NOC PPV yet he didn't appear, it shows the dedication WWE are going through to push this guy.

When I heard that Christian was injured (Could be out for 6 months), Naturally, I was dissapointed. I was upset as this now means the return of Mysteiro is much closer than before; it will be interesting to see if Alberto jobs to Rey or not. When answering what the future of Christian is, undoubtfully, he won't get another push like this one. He was on the edge of getting a world title shot (Which is really hard to get on SD due to Kane/Taker owning and running the show). I can't see him getting another show; which is a shame..

Airfixx

Reaction score
The timing of this sucks.... I hope they have Del Rio take him out on TV.

LOL @ Sharpshooter-221: Christian returning at the Rumble, winning it and MEing WM!?!?! ...You must be on the same drugs as John:
[Christian] was on the edge of getting a world title shot

imported_Adam

Reaction score
God damn it! He was doing so awesome on SmackDown, i hope he gets back in time for WM27 to get into MITB or maybe even an Edge style Rumble win and a title match against Edge at WM.

How exactly was he doing so awesome on SD?... It seemed like they had him getting beaten up and barely winning his matches each week, then beaten up some more.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Terrible timing....his little angle with Del Rio was getting good, imo. Would have liked to see where it would have gotten.

Airfixx

Reaction score
How exactly was he doing so awesome on SD?... It seemed like they had him getting beaten up and barely winning his matches each week, then beaten up some more.

The last month or so is the best Christian hasbeen portrayed since he left ECW.

Go ask Matt Hardy what it's like being crushed by SD midcarders on a weekly basis... Christian's booking has reflected FAR better on his character.... They've been building him up (pressumably) for the program with Del Rio.

...god...

Reaction score
Yeah, don't think Christian has lost in ages.