Chris Jericho's Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Unless you've been living under a rock you've probably seen this return from Jericho on last night's RAW.....

[video=youtube;kLi9CVi7Ld8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLi9CVi7Ld8[/video]​

So after seeing it a second time I've decided that it was even more brilliant than the first time. If Jericho is to feud with Punk (as is rumoured) then what better way to start that out? Basically I see this as Jericho proving to Punk that he can have just as much of a Cult of Personality but the difference is he doesn't even have to say a word to do so. That basically slaps Punk's "pipe bomb" in the face and shows how much more idolized and revered Jericho is.

Alternately, this could also play into the theory of "ending the world", whereby the anti-christ is always portrayed as a "wolf in sheep's clothing". In this case, Jericho could be that wolf, coming back to destroy the "best in the world", which is CM Punk. The only thing I'm still unclear about is the "she" but I believe we'll learn more about that next week.

What are everyone else's thoughts on Jericho's return and speculation as to what his motivations are?

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I was initially pissed about the return, but now I understand why it was done that way and I love it.

The Viper

Reaction score
I am happy that he is back, but i did not agree with the promos... It made it seem like Undertaker, but, i dunno...

Well that was pretty much the point. To make you think it was gonna be something TOTALLY different from what you saw last night (Jericho being all happy and excited, flashy ass outfit, etc..). It was greatness.

Although I can understand being disappointed. I was at first. Then I realized what they were actually going for.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Jericho made the crowd go nuts without saying a word and Punk gets low ratings as the champ and throwing out top quality insults.

Jericho is way more popular than Punk, considering Ryder gets a bigger pop than Punk.

The Viper

Reaction score
[youtube]O89mPP-Wm30[/youtube]

Greatest interview of all time, IMO. Now I'm even more intrigued.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Jericho RULES!!! That was SO the greatest interview ever. I love when he just stops and turns the lights on and leaves!!! I wonder how long he can go without talking?

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
If it is Jericho vs. Punk, they need to get Punk with a win.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I was just reading on that YouTube page that some people think the "she" is an actual she and is controlling him somehow, stopping him from being able to speak. That could actually tie in to the whole "Control" thing of the later promos. Perhaps each week will be like the video packages. "It begins" was this week's, so "Look Within" would be next right?

This is real fun if it's cryptic and if its just another troll then its even funnier!

The Viper

Reaction score
I was just reading on that YouTube page that some people think the "she" is an actual she and is controlling him somehow, stopping him from being able to speak. That could actually tie in to the whole "Control" thing of the later promos. Perhaps each week will be like the video packages. "It begins" was this week's, so "Look Within" would be next right?

This is real fun if it's cryptic and if its just another troll then its even funnier!

That sounds fucking fantastic. If that's how they're going with this, then this is the most fun I've had watching WWE in quite some time, and this is only the first week. Punk said he wanted to make WWE fun again. Well, it looks like Jericho is doing an amazing job of that right now.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
That sounds fucking fantastic. If that's how they're going with this, then this is the most fun I've had watching WWE in quite some time, and this is only the first week. Punk said he wanted to make WWE fun again. Well, it looks like Jericho is doing an amazing job of that right now.

Holy shit dude. Maybe that's why he's doing it. Jericho is proving he is better at making WWE fun than Punk is? Wow, I love it. I really do, all this speculation must be making Jericho laugh his little butt off.

The Viper

Reaction score
Holy shit dude. Maybe that's why he's doing it. Jericho is proving he is better at making WWE fun than Punk is? Wow, I love it. I really do, all this speculation must be making Jericho laugh his little butt off.

Oh my lord. Never thought of that. My brain is like in mush right now. There are so many scenarios that can happen. If this was all Jericho's idea, he's more of a fucking genius than I ever thought. And just to get people in the mood and if I can, I'm gonna post this video just because....

[youtube]0qziKdJ9uk0[/youtube]

I'm so excited.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'll be happy with anything as long as it's not stupid :lol: but I'm hoping for feud with punk

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
That return last night was absolutely brilliant.

I loved the mockery of himself, and plenty of others that have returned the same way.

Chris Jericho is a genius.