Chris Jericho gone from WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Reaction score
According to sources, the Night of Champions PPV was Chris Jericho's final scheduled appearance for WWE as of right now.

Chris Jericho posted the following on his Twitter account…

* Since I've apparently made my last appearance in the WWE, I guess I have nothing to do tomorrow..

* The websites have spoken!!! Whatever, I'm goin to Calgary tomorrow so I'll let yall hash it out..

It would seem a tone of sarcasm in Chris's tweets. I'm thinking more along the lines of Jericho most likely being off TV for a month or two and eventually coming back as a massive face... as it seems what the crowd is pushing for.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I hope he isn't gone forever. WWE needs Jericho, and with him gone, Taker soon to be gone, and HHH injured with not many years left either, Edge would be the last legend....

Montana

Reaction score
I can't wait to see him back already. I feel it's a shame someone of his talent, has been used so poorly on raw as of late. I do however really like the IGM storyline, and hope they continue with it.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^@ the IGM angle, disagreed dude, it was fun at first, now they are having him quote people in an effort to "confuse" us and its not working. Its really lame and I think they should reveal him already so we can get on with our lives. Nexus really isn't that great of a threat anymore anyways.

noumenon

Reaction score
The sheer magnitude of how brutally obvious it is that Cole is the GM has been killing me since the first week. The guy stands at a fucking podium labeled "RAW GM", puts on glasses to draw even more heat and reads "e-mails" every week. ( On a side note, perhaps WWE should stop filming him from behind so we don't have to see the Microsoft Word document open) But anyway...

Here's my theory. Jericho will be cast off by the GM on RAW due to his vow to leave the company if he didn't win the WWE Title at the PPV. In the coming month or so Cole will be revealed as the GM and Miz with respectively cash in his MITB winning the WWE title. Re-enter Jericho a few months down the road to start a massive program with Miz/Cole which will be unequivocally fucking epic. The end.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^That sounds quite farfetched besides Cole being GM. I really can't even imagine a Miz and Jericho feud. And I certainly hope Cole isn't the GM. On a side note, sort of on topic with the word document as an email, maybe they should put something in Miz's briefcase. It fell open on RAW last week and nothing was inside as everybody could see. Is the briefcase the contract or is WWE pulling our leg? I could have sworn they told us the contract was inside the briefcase.

noumenon

Reaction score
....::sigh::......

How is Miz winning the WWE title and aligning himself with Cole (who has been up his ass for the better part of the year) on some sort of power trip in any stretch of the imagination far fetched?
And a face Chris Jericho returning to feud with the man who banished him from the company and seek a world title? Yeah that would be far more fetched that anyone could imagine.

And the briefcase is simply a physical representation of the title shot...

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^I'd think Jericho would at least be honorable enough to keep his commitment of leaving after he lost last night. Anyone who respects Jericho would think that. Hes play a character where he doesn't like fans. Thats great. He still doesn't want everyone to lose respect for him because he couldn't honor his commitment. People thought HBK would be back but he's been gone a few months that have felt like forever and he hasn't appeared with WWE. So im sure Jericho is capable of the same thing.

noumenon

Reaction score
...............wow........ just wow.

How you can even compare HBK's RETIREMENT!!!! to this is absolutely beyond my comprehension.
Stop and think about this for a minute..
Perhaps Jericho and WWE simply couldn't come to terms on a new contract at the current time. He has a tour lined up with his band and is in the process of writing his new book. He's a guy who likes to do more with himself than just wrestling. There has never been a mention of Jericho stepping away from the business completely in any form. I'm sure like many other people he's simply taking a short break...if even that. Sometimes people are simply kept off TV to further story lines or sell injuries.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^All im saying is, there is no sure fire fact that this isn't the end for Jericho, atleast in WWE. And it would be a sad day to lose him. An even sadder day would be where he's demoted to feuding with Michael Cole.

noumenon

Reaction score
It would be a demotion to feud with the boss? Could have sworn most top faces have made their careers off stuff like that.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
It would be a demotion for WWE to have Cole as a boss. He is a fucking joke and needs to be fired. Not put in control of the rosters lives because then he would make everybody wear Miz T-Shirts and throw their matches to him. Followed by the weekly Miz tribute. Cole would make a horrible GM. If someone decent was GM, i'd love Jericho to come back and feud with them.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Bret Hart isn't staying is he?
Show is kind of a veteran, not a legend, I mean he is great and all... but not a legend....
Kane has been living in the shadow of his brother and too many of his oppurtunities have been killed for him to be a legend. If he wants to put his name in history forever, he'd probably have to end Taker's career now.
Mysterio- No, just no. Hes never done anything besides fight in the minor leagues of cruiserweight wrestling and have two world title reigns. He has been wrestling for several years, and only 2 reigns in WWE is kinda sad. (He lost his second on like the first defense didn't he?)..

Double J

Reaction score
I'm tired, going to bed, so don't have time or energy to reply like I'd like too but I'm going to pretend that you didn't just say that the guy who brought lucha libre and high flying/speed wrestling to the US isn't a legend in his own right. If it wasn't for him and guys like him then we may not have MCMG and other greats. As far as accomplishments goes no he's not a 16 time heavy weight champion but he has won titles and awards;

* Asistencia Asesoría y Administración
o Mexican National Trios Championship (1 time) – with Octagón and Super Muñeco[147]
o Mexican National Welterweight Championship (1 time)[148]
o AAA Hall of Fame (Class of 2007)

* International Wrestling All-Stars
o IWAS Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Konnan[149]

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
o PWI ranked him #4 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1999[150]

* Tijuana, Mexico
o Tijuana Hall of Fame (Class of 2006)

* World Championship Wrestling[151]
o WCW Cruiserweight Championship (5 times)[15]
o WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Billy Kidman[42]
o WCW World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Billy Kidman (1), Konnan (1), and Juventud Guerrera (1)[25]

* World Wrestling Association
o WWA Lightweight Championship (3 times)[152]
o WWA Tag Team Championship (1 time)[153] – with Rey Misterio
o WWA Welterweight Championship (3 times)[154]

* World Wrestling Council
o WWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[155]

* World Wrestling Entertainment[151]
o World Heavyweight Championship (2 time)[156]
o WWE Intercontinental Championship (2 times)[157][158]
o WWE Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Edge (1), Rob Van Dam (1), Eddie Guerrero (1), and Batista (1)[159]
o WWE Cruiserweight Championship (3 times)[15]
o Royal Rumble (2006)[79]
o Twenty First Triple Crown Champion