CHIKARA: Aniversario: Never Compromise iPPV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
A-NCjune.jpg

June 2nd, 2013
The Trocadero
1003 Arch Street in Philadelphia, PA
Belltime = 4:00 PM : : Doors Open = 3:00 PM
Children 12 & under get a General Admission ticket absolutely FREE with a paying adult!

GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP!
IcarusAwaits.jpg

CAMPEONATOS DE PAREJAS!
BeltsUp.jpg

SARCOPHAGUS MATCH!
Portal.jpg

EnvoyXtreme.jpg

Hatirious.jpg

AntsGiants.jpg

GavinTim.jpg

LIVE ON THE FREEVIEW - A YOUNG LIONS CUP REMATCH!
YLCre.jpg

I have to say, it's hard to believe Icarus of all people is getting the big iPPV main event Grand Championship title shot. I think it's high time Kingston drops the belt but I don't want it to be to Icarus... so let's hope Archie can get that win at the Tag World Grand Prix! Still, solid card and surely more to come! Amasis vs Ophidian is finally set for real, that could steal the show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: CHIKARA: Aniversario: Never Compromise

The latest blog also sees Wink add Tim Donst vs.......... Gavin Loudspeaker. It looks like all the shenanigans surrounding people leaving the roster could come to a head soon.

Weakest iPPV card so far (also unclear as to why Icarus gets the title shot), but definitely watching nonetheless.

Castiel

Reaction score
Re: CHIKARA: Aniversario: Never Compromise

Does Gavin have any actually training or...?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Gavin vs. Donst is official, and following the Tag World Grand Prix, winners Pieces of Hate will now challenge 3.0 for the Campeonatos de Parejas at the iPPV.

And finally, Amasis vs. Ophidian is now a Sarcophagus match!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'll also be watching this live so hopefully we can get a little LD going for it.

Castiel

Reaction score
Sarcophagus match..? So like a casket match, right? Sounds sweet! I'm sure I'll be here to follow along with the LD between you guys! Lol

Postman Dave

Reaction score
One year after Tim Donst lost his hair to Hallowicked, he puts it on the line again against Gavin Loudspeaker as Wink has made the match Hair vs. Hair!

Also, the recent event centre told us to stay tuned following the show for an important announcement. I'm hoping a KOT 2013 announcement.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Now I haven't watched since Chikara since before Eddie Kingston became Grand Champion and yet as I view this card it seems that the company is still the exact same as it was before I stopped watching except I'm not sure who Sayturyne is.

Castiel

Reaction score
I was just getting used to Donst with hair again...

Saturyne is a pretty awesome, she's Chikara's main female now.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Dasher vs. Delirious looks likely for the iPPV.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Some very strange rumours about this shows announcement are spreading online. Crazy stuff like this could be the last "CHIKARA" show (despite CHIKARA having shows booked through to November). CHIKARA sent this press release out a couple of days back:

Going into the iPPV on Sunday, there has been a lot of speculation in regards to the future of CHIKARA and its ownership. CHIKARA sent out the following statement to Pwinsider.com today…

"There is no issue regarding ownership of the CHIKARA name, brand, its assets or intellectual properties. Any speculation to the contrary is 100% false."

411mania

If it's a plot line, then the main points people are looking at are:

- Archie's time travelling situation. This explains it best I think....

[video=youtube;djqqgSEoW9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=djqqgSEoW9U[/video]

Basically, the Archie in the balcony at the last show was the guy wondering around the world, having now returned from parts unknown.

- The recent roster exodus including Mike Quackenbush, Soldier Ant, Sugar Dunkerton & Johnny Gargano.

- Wink Vavasseur's CHIKARAbermetrics system causing havoc with the stables in CHIKARA, in part causing the roster exodus.

- Wink booking Gavin Loudspeaker against Tim Donst in a Hair vs. Hair match.

Whatever way we look at it, something is happening Sunday. Something big.

Castiel

Reaction score
You've got to love Chikara's creativity and freshness, surely this is an angle but it looks like something really game changing could be about to go down. I'm interested.

EDIT: OP updated with the full card, YLC match has been made free to view since it will be on the Freeview so I guess I'll at least get to check that out!

Last edited by a moderator: