Cain Velasquez Out 6-8 Months With Shoulder Injury

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Highwave

Reaction score
2cdfoqt.gif

New Heavy weight Champion Cain Velasquez is forced out of competition six to eight months due to a shoulder injury he suffered while training for his next fight against Junior "cigano" Dos Santos.Sources with knowledge of the situation told MMA Fighting.
Dana White President of the UFC confirmed the news "Yep, it's true,"He said the summer of 2011 would hopefully bring Velasquez's return.

Source

What a way to start as champion.Shogun out nearly a year then Brock in MIA now Cain?:stooges:

Reaction score
DAAAAAAMN! I was really looking forward to Velasquez vs. "Cigano", too. Oh well, just more of a wait I guess.

Get well soon, Cain!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
JDS' manager is saying that he's not going to wait for Velasquez to get better, he wants a fight with someone else if Cain is out that long.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, by the time Velasquez gets back it'll be almost a year since JDS last fought. Him wanting to fight in the meantime really makes him a douchebag. It's not like the words interim title were mentioned again or anything like that. Dude just wants to fight.

nation

Reaction score
Yeah, by the time Velasquez gets back it'll be almost a year since JDS last fought. Him wanting to fight in the meantime really makes him a douchebag. It's not like the words interim title were mentioned again or anything like that. Dude just wants to fight.

I was referring to Velasquez for getting injured and being out so long......

Not to mention the guy has "Brown Pride" tattooed on his fucking chest. Fucking disgusting.

Highwave

Reaction score
JDS' manager is saying that he's not going to wait for Velasquez to get better, he wants a fight with someone else if Cain is out that long.

That is good news they need someone to step up in the heavyweight division Even (Big country) Roy Nelson is under litigation and may be forced out of action and I admire Dos Santos courage for taking the risk,I think it could payoff when they meet ring rust might hurt cain and Dos Santos Is aware of that.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
I was referring to Velasquez for getting injured and being out so long......

Not to mention the guy has "Brown Pride" tattooed on his fucking chest. Fucking disgusting.

you fucking high? You think anybody would put themself in that kind of pain volutarily? Injuries happen dumbass. And that tattoo has had controversy, but he's proud of being Mexican and is not afraid of being called brown. If you tried doing any research, his family is a traditional hispanic family.

Junior Dos Santos VS Shane Carwin for an interim title makes sense.

nation

Reaction score
you fucking high? You think anybody would put themself in that kind of pain volutarily? Injuries happen dumbass. And that tattoo has had controversy, but he's proud of being Mexican and is not afraid of being called brown. If you tried doing any research, his family is a traditional hispanic family.

Junior Dos Santos VS Shane Carwin for an interim title makes sense.

Did I ever say he purposely and voluntarily got himself injured? Or are you just a blueberry? oh.....I guess it's the latter. He is a douchebag for being the top guy in the company and getting injured(now again he didn't purposely do that but none the less he is a douchebag for the simple fact that we will have to wait a while to see him get his brown ass kicked).

Highwave

Reaction score
UPDATE
Now the story has changed

Cain explained that he can't pinpoint the exact moment he tore his rotator cuff, only that it happened during his UFC 121 win over Brock Lesnar.

He thinks it could have occurred in the early seconds of the match when he used an underhook to defend a Lesnar takedown try, but can't say for sure.

"I didn't feel it in the fight at all," Velasquez said during a question-and-answer session prior to the UFC 125 weigh-ins. "After the fight, I felt good and later on that night, my body came down, I was moving around. I was laying down to get up, and it hurt really bad. That's when I knew something was wrong."

Within a few days, Velasquez had seen a doctor for an MRI that resulted in a diagnosis of a torn right rotator cuff. Instead of going directly to surgery, however, his doctor recommended six weeks of physical rehabilitation in hopes of strengthening the shoulder.

After another MRI showed the muscle was still torn, surgery became the next viable option.

During the interim, Velasquez was forced into hiding the truth when asked about his condition by fans and media members.

"I tried to keep it under wraps," he said. "I was telling people I was fine when I wasn't. I was doing the right thing, trying to get healthy that way and get back to training."

The UFC will soon face the decision of whether Velasquez expected 6-8 month absence will require an interim title be instituted until he returns. Velasquez says he wouldn't object to that possibility.

"The same thing happened when Brock was injured," he said. "They keep the fights going, they had to. You can't can't wait around half a year for fights. There's fight all the time. It doesn't offend me at all. When I'm ready, I'll come back healthy and fight."

A few hours after the news broke of Velasquez's injury, his likely next challenger Junior Dos Santos told Brazilian news site Portal do Vale Tudo that he was angered by the revelation and questioned the origin of the injury. Velasquez said he had heard Dos Santos' comments but reiterated the injury was a result of his fight with Lesnar.

"It sucks," he said. "I definitely want to be as active as I can for the fans that are paying me to fight. I want to go out and please you guys. It's hard, but it's part of this. People get hurt, and you have to get surgery."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/12/...ails-shoulder-injury-addresses-dos-santos-co/

pumpt73

Reaction score
If a guy is injured, he's injured. It happens. Rotator cuffs are no joke. I had my left repaired in 2007 because of a bone spur that would dig into one of the tendons. Now that wasn't a full on tear and I recovered in 7 weeks. The shoulder is much like the knee and if you have a full on tear, you're going to be out. There's nothing you can do about it. His "Brown Pride" has nothing to do with it. Would you rather see Cain fight JDS at 100% or see him fight JDS with basically one arm??? Was Brock Lesnar a douchebag because he contracted diverticulitis and had to be out for over a year??? Was Shogun Rua a douchebag because of his knee injuries???? Seriously, you're better than that Nation.