Bullet Club Almost Came to TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
TNA just released this statement

AJ Styles has always been synonymous with TNA and TNA synonymous with AJ Styles. AJ helped build the foundation of IMPACT WRESTLING, and his phenomenal body of work lives in our rich history – something we are very proud of.

In the last few weeks, rumors have swirled about AJ Styles, his future and TNA Wrestling. Fans have asked for the status and wrestling media have made numerous inquiries.

For the past several months, AJ and TNA were involved in serious discussions to bring him back home to TNA. Creative discussions escalated and two additional wrestlers, Drew Hankinson and Chad Allegra, were enthusiastically added.

These discussions culminated on December 14th in Nashville, Tenn., where all attended a meeting at Dixie Carter’s home. A handshake and written deal between AJ, Drew, Chad and TNA was agreed upon and signed by all. Start dates were determined, creative decided, merchandise designed and plane tickets purchased.

Over the Christmas holiday, and after the lawyers finalized the long form agreement, all communication with TNA stopped.

AJ’s lawyer contacted TNA and stated the wrestlers had changed their mind and would not be honoring their commitment to TNA.

Kind of interesting discussions went so far as to have deals signed only for the three to back out. Guess they realized TNA has nothing to offer now.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It's bs if there was a signed contract they'd be in court

Postman Dave

Reaction score
How hilariously sad

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'd almost feel bad for TNA if I even remotely thought this was true, but it's not and they're morons who should be concentrating on their own product instead of being bitter idiots.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
My only question is what does TNA have to gain from this? Why the charade? Something tells me there must be at least something to this story. Maybe not in the way presented.

If there is any truth to this, why would Styles even consider TNA at this point? He's already been there and done that. Not to mention, where is TNA even at right now; barely making television on Pop? This story; true or not, makes absolutely no sense for any of the parties involved.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I love how TNA actually thinks they have been the center of rumours. Idiots.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
My only question is what does TNA have to gain from this? Why the charade? Something tells me there must be at least something to this story. Maybe not in the way presented.
Nothing save for them thinking it'll somehow bring them attention by piggy-backing off of Styles impending media attention due to signing with WWE. If there's any truth to it at all, they wouldn't have released this statement in the first place, they simply would have sued them for breaching a contract agreement that they'd already signed. However, that would then end up allowing NJPW to sue TNA for contract tampering seeing as Karl Anderson is actually still under contract to NJPW anyways. :lol:

AJ's lawyer released a statement a little while ago...

PWInsider said:
No contract was ever finalized nor signed by the parties.

That I would need to be involved in the contract process was known by TNA prior to my involvement and understood by them.

TNA and its 1st lawyer did not present in a timely fashion a contract that accurately reflected previous discussions at all. That created great concern tied to past experiences. In that time and prior there was other interest and there were other firm offers on the table and other discussions.

TNA was aware of other interest and various conflicts. TNA was aware a final contract was required. It was creating that contract and controlled that timetable. Too much time passed early on. Other things came into play. No contract was ever finalized with TNA.

To suggest I make any decision for my clients is to misunderstand my role and diminish the role each talent has in making their own decisions, and insults the talent in the process.
So, I'd say that puts the whole "signed contract" thing to bed. I really can't understand how Dixie or her representatives thought they'd get away with this shit. Maybe they're buying into the whole "no press is bad press" thing, which of course wouldn't surprise me at this point seeing as how desperate they must be.

If there is any truth to this, why would Styles even consider TNA at this point? He's already been there and done that. Not to mention, where is TNA even at right now; barely making television on Pop? This story; true or not, makes absolutely no sense for any of the parties involved.
It definitely doesn't make sense for Styles and as for TNA, when was the last time they did anything that made sense? :lol:

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Holy fuck Dixie is such a moron

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
When you think TNA has done it all, they pull one more stupid rabbit out of their hat. At this point I don't think I'd even be said if TNA went under, and I use to not want that even when I wasn't watching. But now, I'm just like goodbye go away, let someone else try.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
This is one of the weirdest wrestling moments ever. This just reeks of desperation on TNA's part, they just seriously need to stop being so stupid. I swear I recall hearing that Dixie was a PR representative once, she clearly has taken anything she learnt from that here.

Reactions: 1 person

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I didn't believe the news when I heard it. I highly doubt it is true especially because of recent events. Poor TNA. Could've had talks. Should've just saved that for a later interview. So we could look back and say "hey, cool interesting news"

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk