Box Office

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah interesting thing is that Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) actually directs it, if there was one thing which would make me part with my cash to see it, that would be it. Funnily enough the reviews are not bad.

I didn't actually know that. For a second I thought you meant that Spurlock directed Instructions Not Included since I never expected him to be working with One Direction. I still wouldn't part with my cash to see it, they might have an interesting back story but I am not that interested in seeing it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I didn't actually know that. For a second I thought you meant that Spurlock directed Instructions Not Included since I never expected him to be working with One Direction. I still wouldn't part with my cash to see it, they might have an interesting back story but I am not that interested in seeing it.

No I don't really see the appeal of these films, to me you either do a proper doc which isn't just going to cater to the fan base or maybe do a fictional film using the group (mind you there may well be plenty of fiction involved here).

One review I heard of it just said that even if it is staged managed than the group themselves do come across quite well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No I don't really see the appeal of these films, to me you either do a proper doc which isn't just going to cater to the fan base or maybe do a fictional film using the group (mind you there may well be plenty of fiction involved here).

One review I heard of it just said that even if it is staged managed than the group themselves do come across quite well.

We aren't really their fanbase and so probably aren't the best to judge. The part tour part behind the scenes info probably appeals to the pre-teen/teen girls that they mainly target. They seem like nice enough lads, happy to have a laugh and their personalities don't seem too manufactured.

Looking at the wide releases next week and there is only Riddick. Surprised they are bringing out another film in the series since the first two were pretty small films, must be hoping that Vin Diesel's success with Fast and Furious will lead to a better result here.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
We aren't really their fanbase and so probably aren't the best to judge. The part tour part behind the scenes info probably appeals to the pre-teen/teen girls that they mainly target. They seem like nice enough lads, happy to have a laugh and their personalities don't seem too manufactured.

Looking at the wide releases next week and there is only Riddick. Surprised they are bringing out another film in the series since the first two were pretty small films, must be hoping that Vin Diesel's success with Fast and Furious will lead to a better result here.

No I get that we are not their fan base and the reviews at least suggest that this is one of the better films of its kind. I just don't think this sort of film belongs in a cinema, TV maybe.

I remember being impressed with Pitch Black when it came out in 2000. Out of the recent action guys I think Diesel is one of the better ones, he at least has a bit of charisma to him. That film at least was stylish and more character driven I don't know if there is much appeal for a franchise on the character.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No I get that we are not their fan base and the reviews at least suggest that this is one of the better films of its kind. I just don't think this sort of film belongs in a cinema, TV maybe.

I remember being impressed with Pitch Black when it came out in 2000. Out of the recent action guys I think Diesel is one of the better ones, he at least has a bit of charisma to him. That film at least was stylish and more character driven I don't know if there is much appeal for a franchise on the character.

Probably more money in it for them going through cinema rather than tv, plus they can always sell the tv rights later and make even more money out of it.

He is a bit one dimensional for me, he hasn't really impressed me with much of his work.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Probably more money in it for them going through cinema rather than tv, plus they can always sell the tv rights later and make even more money out of it.

He is a bit one dimensional for me, he hasn't really impressed me with much of his work.

Sure I know it is money reasons, I just meant as piece of cinema it doesn't belong on the big screen.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sure I know it is money reasons, I just meant as piece of cinema it doesn't belong on the big screen.

Fair call but there is a lot of rubbish that ends up on the big screen that doesn't deserve it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Fair call but there is a lot of rubbish that ends up on the big screen that doesn't deserve it.

Difference is I am not calling this rubbish just questioning whether its a proper film. Some of that rubbish you speak of at least can claim to be films, just not maybe very good.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
7Kzc5p8.png

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Riddick looks awful I think it may do better in the US than the UK. Getting to number one the first week doesn't say that much we will see if it sticks.

Looks like One Direction are sliding down the charts! (see what I did there?) they will do better in the UK I think.

Looking forward to Blue Jasmine (not doing too bad) it will be a bigger draw in Europe. And what maybe Richard Curtis final film About Time which should do great business in the UK.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
JGrh7BL.png

Damn good start for Insidious 2. I still don't plan to see it though, but it did way better than the first one did on it's opening weekend.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
That's pretty surprising. I really liked the first one so I think I mighty give it a watch, although I wouldn't expect it to be that good. I don't even know how they managed to make a sequel considering how the first one ended.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That's pretty surprising. I really liked the first one so I think I mighty give it a watch, although I wouldn't expect it to be that good. I don't even know how they managed to make a sequel considering how the first one ended.

You can say that about a lot of modern horror.

I thought the first one was awful so I will not be bothering with this one.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ZXivWhY.png

Nice start for Prisoners. I'm a fan of the cast, but I really haven't seen much of the movie until I saw a few previews the last week or so.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Will probably go see Prisoners when it is out here. Fan of Jackman and there is a really strong supporting cast plus the story looks solid.

Wonder how Rush will go with it's wide release next week in the US. I am going to see it next week since I am a massive F1 fan plus it has Ron Howard directing. But, F1 isn't that big in the US so will it be ignored? Don Jon is also out with JGL Directing, Writing and Acting in the movie.