Box Office

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ok but the next few weeks will tell the real story, it may still make its money back, it has stars in and I don't think $30 mill is a bad start. What might work against it is that it is a new story in an old genre, people like Sci-Fi but also they sometimes like to stick to Sci-Fi they know, but then again the likes of Source Code and Inception did well so you never know.

It was lower than expected with the star power and budget, with a start like that it probably doesn't reach $100 million. It will need to be big internationally to make money for the studio.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It was lower than expected with the star power and budget, with a start like that it probably doesn't reach $100 million. It will need to be big internationally to make money for the studio.

Chances are it will do at least 50 in the states so I think that gives it a good chance of breaking at least even internationally.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
2mUoLtY.png

Didn't expect this Butler movie to be first even thought it's not very high. Surprised Kick-Ass 2 didn't do so well, but they have a low budget so it'll make a good profit still. Also, The Wolverine just now passed it's budget, probably a couple weeks later than they hoped.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
2mUoLtY.png

Didn't expect this Butler movie to be first even thought it's not very high. Surprised Kick-Ass 2 didn't do so well, but they have a low budget so it'll make a good profit still. Also, The Wolverine just now passed it's budget, probably a couple weeks later than they hoped.

Think that is Daniel's second film in less than a year. He also did that Paper Boy recently which looked really good fun and very different to Precious.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What shocked me most was WATM dropping by only 32%, thought that would bomb. Disappointed Kick-Ass 2 didn't do more but then again the first film didn't draw that much money anyway, will probably do better overseas. Butler did better than I thought, must be this year's The Help

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
DcujiOe.png

Weak week (lol English language)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
DcujiOe.png

Weak week (lol English language)

I hear great things about that latest Woody Allen film Blue Jasmine a review I saw last week hinted that it might be his best film in close to twenty years.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Such a quiet week at the box office. Good start for The World's End since it is running at so few locations. With You're Next failing looks like people have had their fill of horror this summer in the US.

Getaway with Ethan Hawke and Selena Gomez opens this week, have heard no buzz about it and it isn't opening that wide so it will struggle to get $10 million. One Direction's film is out this week as well so we can see how hardcore their US fanbase is. I am going to assume that everyone here will be seeing it opening night.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Such a quiet week at the box office. Good start for The World's End since it is running at so few locations. With You're Next failing looks like people have had their fill of horror this summer in the US.

Getaway with Ethan Hawke and Selena Gomez opens this week, have heard no buzz about it and it isn't opening that wide so it will struggle to get $10 million. One Direction's film is out this week as well so we can see how hardcore their US fanbase is. I am going to assume that everyone here will be seeing it opening night.

Is that actually a film or just them in concert? Yes there is a big difference.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
[/B]

Believe it's a documentary that'll have some concert footage in it. Not entirely sure though.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Believe it's a documentary that'll have some concert footage in it. Not entirely sure though.

Thanks. Take it you are using the word documentary very loosely...

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was going by the IMDb genre, looks like a documentary from the summary as well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
[/B]

It is in similar vein to what Bieber, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus etc did. It is footage from a recent concert tour plus there is behind the scenes stuff as well.

Did alright to open with $16 million over the three days especially since this isn't their native market. Instructions Not Included is the standout though as I believe it is in spanish, huge numbers.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It is in similar vein to what Bieber, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus etc did. It is footage from a recent concert tour plus there is behind the scenes stuff as well.

Did alright to open with $16 million over the three days especially since this isn't their native market. Instructions Not Included is the standout though as I believe it is in spanish, huge numbers.

Yeah interesting thing is that Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) actually directs it, if there was one thing which would make me part with my cash to see it, that would be it. Funnily enough the reviews are not bad.