Backstage Update - 60+ WWE Tryouts Last Week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Florida Championship Wrestling, the official developmental territory of World Wrestling Entertainment, held its annual Talent Evaluation Clinic three weeks ago. The FCW Clinic is the only clinic where WWE producers, WWE scouts and WWE Superstars are in attendance to evaluate potential WWE talent. The camp was attended by 63 dreamers and it is believed that only a select few would imminently land contracts with the organization.

The company reaction was that of the 63 people who tried out at the clinic, paying $1,000 to be seen, that approximately 50 of them had no business being there. In particular, AAA Women's Champion Sexy Star received harsh reviews as company officials felt her work was terrible, her English was terrible, and that she was overweight. They also felt she wasn't pretty looking without her mask on. John Laurinaitis told those in FCW that when it comes to hiring female talent, the standard is if they aren't pretty enough to appear in Playboy, then they shouldn't be hired.

The only wrestler known to have been offered a developmental contract is Mattias Wild, who was trained by former WWE performer Lance Storm. Company officials were said to be impressed with his fundamental ability. Others wrestlers notably taking part in the tryout include independent women's grapplers New York Knockout Nikki (also known as Toni the Top in Wrestlelicious) and She Nay Nay. Regarding Nikki, it said that she 'absolutely' doesn't have the look company officials like.

CMS

Reaction score
So it seems the next stigma to be beaten within the company is the one of women. It took a while for WWE to stop rejecting smaller guys because of their size. Now they are pushed.

Let's see if this projected image for women they want ever gets beaten. I personally doubt it.

Reaction score
Well if they're only recruiting Tits and Ass, then why even have fucking tryouts? Tell Johnny Ace to go stroke his own ego and fly to the Playboy Mansion to recruit. Seriously.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
They also felt she wasn't pretty looking without her mask on. John Laurinaitis told those in FCW that when it comes to hiring female talent, the standard is if they aren't pretty enough to appear in Playboy, then they shouldn't be hired

What the hell? You are choosing looks over talent in the woman's division, yet you are trying to focus more on in ring product? Makes perfect since. I guess you also fell like people sit on there hands and take shit breaks during their matches now because divas you have now aren't pretty enough.

Reaction score
I believe that number of 50 guys not belonging there. They're view on women sucks but it doesn't shock me in the least.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I wish I woulda known about this. I woulda flown out there to try out my mic skills for a possible manager outfit. lol.

Double J

Reaction score
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

In particular, AAA Women's Champion Sexy Star received harsh reviews as company officials felt her work was terrible, her English was terrible, and that she was overweight. They also felt she wasn't pretty looking without her mask on. John Laurinaitis told those in FCW that when it comes to hiring female talent, the standard is if they aren't pretty enough to appear in Playboy, then they shouldn't be hired.

In other words they don't want to bring in someone who will out wrestle their current Divas. I have a hard time believing that her ring work was terrible, I've seen her in AAA plenty of times and she's like all their other women wrestlers, they can keep up with the guys. My guess is that they told her to tone it down, maybe her trying to wrestle a "Divas" match did make her look bad.

As far as her weight, she's not fat in the least but if they made fun of Mickie James then yeah they probably consider her too "overweight". My spanish is rusty but I think this is her without her mask, personally I don't see why they just wouldn't leave her mask on her, be another way to sell merchandise.

412tp3.jpg

I think she's the one on the left, but again my spanish isn't great and it may not be her period.

These are the only pics I could find that was her for sure somewhat without the mask;
e510a8010816DI_WRESTLING_SEXY_p1.jpg

e510a8070816DI_WRESTLING_SEXY_p.jpg

If she actually wants to wrestle then she's better off in AAA anyway.

...god...

Reaction score
Was about to say, don't see how she's the slightest bit unattractive or ugly, hence why I don't buy this report at all.

I wish I woulda known about this. I woulda flown out there to try out my mic skills for a possible manager outfit. lol.
1,000 bucks. :/

imported_Adam

Reaction score
1000 bucks is worth the tryout if your talented.. people trying out should compare themselves to current good wrestlers for wwe and if they can't find alot in common they shouldn't waste the 1000 bucks trying out.