Backstage Reaction on Finn's Loss to Kane

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
The decision to have Kane beat Finn Balor on Raw felt like a strange one, and some people backstage at WWE tend to agree.

On Sunday night at TLC, the WWE Universe was treated to something of a dream match. Finn Balor took on AJ Styles and it did not disappoint. With Balor in his demon paint and the potential trajectory that the Irishman is on the end result shouldn’t have come as much of a surprise. Balor picked up the win but the memory fans were left with was one of a terrific match.

The following night on Raw, Balor had a very different opponent, The Big Red Machine Kane. This one was a little harder to call since both men are seemingly on the up right now in WWE. It felt like interference from Braun Strowman was imminent. However, The Monster Among Men never came. Kane delivered three straight chokeslams to Balor and then covered him for the one, two, three.

A very strange booking decision indeed, and a line of thinking that was backed up by Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio. Meltzer claimed that he spoke with some talent backstage at WWE since the match took place and even they were confused by the decision to have Balor lose to Kane. Meltzer even said that some of the people he spoke to are normally guilty of attempting to defend some of Vince McMahon‘s more bizarre decisions.

There has been speculation that Balor is actually being punished by WWE for something that happened at TLC. Following his match with AJ Styles, he and The Phenomenal One both made the Too Sweet hand gesture, a symbol of the Bullet Club and a very touchy subject at this moment in time. That seems an extremely unlikely decision though since the image of the two men doing exactly that is still the header image on WWE’s Twitter account.

Whatever the thinking was behind Balor losing so resoundingly to Kane on Monday night, it wouldn’t have done the former Universal Champion any favors. Apparently, Balor is being touted as the next challenger to Brock Lesnar and his title and losses like the one on Raw won’t do his credibility or legitimacy any good at all. Hopefully, the plan is more complex than that. Balor in his demon paint is yet to be beaten on the main roster, and maybe the selling point behind his potential showdown with The Beast is that when he’s The Demon, he can’t be beaten.

http://www.thesportster.com/wrestling/backstage-reaction-kane-beating-finn-balor/

This loss was unnecessary. Cool you want Braun in a program with Kane and you want Kane to look strong as Braun will benefit from him so you need wins for Kane, you even made him not take the fall at TLC. Okay. But why does he beat Finn who beat AJ Styles a night ago? This even makes AJ look kinda bad. There is a huge roster, you could make Kane beat Matt Hardy or someone else, why Finn? That was ridiculous. He got 3 chokeslams but 3 chokeslams straight makes you look weak as well.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The article debunked the Too Sweet thing in the same article so it can't be a punishment for that.

As for my reaction?
latest

I was telling people not to expect some kind of monster push just because he beat a SDL guy on a Raw PPV.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
There's no long term plan for Finn from what I'm seeing.

I'm assuming that he was gonna go over Bray and once AJ got subbed in, there was no need to change that.

Guy hasn't done anything for 6 months either so losing to Kane doesn't hurt him that much

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just tells me that Bray might've actually won a feud

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
There's no long term plan for Finn from what I'm seeing.

I'm assuming that he was gonna go over Bray and once AJ got subbed in, there was no need to change that.

Guy hasn't done anything for 6 months either so losing to Kane doesn't hurt him that much
There was nothing for lose for sure. I told people on social media that were saying Finn beating AJ meant he was finally gonna beat Brock Lesnar for the belt. I told them to slow their role. Nothing was coming of this. Sure enough I laughed at them hysterically when Kane won with such ease.