Awesome Kong returning soon but to where?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Awesome Kong wrote the following on Twitter: “Kong returns to wrestling on national television soon! Check back for details.â€￾

Which companies have national television deals. The only ones I can think of are WWE, TNA and ROH. Could this mean she has signed with ROH?

Where do you think she will end up?

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
I personally cannot see her going to WWE as the current Trend of Divas is completly polar opposite and the only person who might be able to match her is currently injured!

in a buisness way signing for ROH would be the most logical although i was never a huge fan of hers to start off with!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree with the WWE comment, she doesn't fit in with the current diva's they have and I am not sure WWE would hire her. She would be handy to face people like Beth Phoenix, Natalya and of course Gail Kim again but I don't know if WWE will go in that direction.

Would ROH have enough for her to do though, do they have a big variety of female wrestlers on the card for her to face? I think that going back to TNA would be the most logical choice, they just needed to offer her some more money to stay.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
I don't know why but i can see her facing "Male" competetors in ROH! Because lets face it she aint much of a female herself :p

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
ROH have had some intergender matches in the past if I remember right so that could be possible. I just checked their roster and from my count they have three female wrestlers so Kong could have some matches with them on their tv show and PPV's.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
It is most likely Ring of Honor. Would make sense as she is a marketable name. Plus they can always bring in Indy wrestlers to face her if necessary.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
ROH does make the most sense. They should be able to draw in some fans from her and your right they could always hire some outsiders to face her if they were short on contenders.

I haven't read any updates on this yet so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sara Del Ray was a very good choice to face Kong, this DVD is on my list for the year. Actually I think a serouis women's divsions is maybe something ROH need to work to add something a little different.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So did Kong end up appearing for ROH and has she signed a deal with them?

A women's division would be a good idea for ROH since the Diva's and the Knockout's divisions have been very poor recently. A women's wrestling division that focusses on wrestling would fill a gap in the market and there are enough female wrestlers out there to fill the division. You would only need half a dozen to start with.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well clearly there are promotions out there that take Women's westling seroius like Silmer, ChickFight and Ice Ribbon. I just think with a number of good females on their books, it might be time to create a championship.

Yes Kong did face Sara Del Ray on ROH's July 11th New York show, I think Del Ray won. At the moment there seems to be no sign of Kong making any further appearences for the company.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True there are some dedicated women's wrestling promotions but as the third biggest wrestling company in North America ROH can have something different than the big two by having a strong women's division that focusses on wrestling. It would be a good time to create a championship to utilise their female wrestlers in a more structured fashion.

Thanks for that information, I wasn't quite sure if she did appear. I wonder where she will be wrestling in the near future then if she only appeared once for ROH.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It has actually been suggested by someone on another Forum that Kong in WWE could work as she would have something so different to the rest, than she would stand out almost in the same way as Cyina, but I don't know if it would work.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just don't know if WWE would use her correctly. She has the skills but would WWE push her since she doesn't fit the mould. Beth Phoenix isn't an ultra skinny diva but she is still in shape and more muscular than anything. She would definitely offer something different to the division which really needs a spark.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I like the idea of Kong in the WWE as it would really add a different side of things. Think of her as The Big Show of the Divas...Seriously having her in there as a uber heel build her up by making her kill every diva no matter what the alligment...I also think WWE needs to make Natalya, Tameena and maybe Serena work matches because all three have been through developmental a lot more than most of the divas and were signed for that purpose....

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah that could work quite well, good comparison with the Big Show. She would have to be heel to start with to get everyone hating her because of her dominance, then someone like Beth could challenge her and eventually topple her.

I would love to see those three wrestle/wrestle more. They are trained wrestlers and it is a waste that they are just being used as managers. They need to get them more involved with the feuds, especially Serena who hasn't wrestled yet.