ACW Rules Regulations Ideas and Suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pete

Reaction score
Anything BDC just said goes double for me.

And well said, Ben. That is my vision of things too. We can't expect perfection from something that is basically two months old. But we can work towards it.

And Andy...not drinking is REALLY hard sometimes. LOL

Andy

Reaction score
This is the final time I'll bring this up, and it is not, I repeat, NOT the same system we used to use. It's had alterations, but it seems like it would be more suitable to this fed.

Well, boys and girls, the time for talking has come to an end and I've decided to take matters into my own hands.

You want to be a better roleplayer, right?

Now you ask, "how would I go about doing this?"

The answer is simple: We used a point-for-point feedback system.

Using such a system, you would know what made you lose your match and the content which you could improve. Rather than having to wait loads of time for the reasons, you would be given them instantly when your roleplay is rated before the results are published.

The only possible way such a system can be tampered with is if a staff member decides to tamper with it, but knowing the loyal staff you have right now that shouldn't be an issue. And when I say tamper, I mean give lower ratings without really giving a genuine reason.

Now, the system would feature a minimum word length and a maximum word length. We would keep the roleplay a fair length for those who like to roleplay more (say about 2000 words). The reason for a word cap would be to ensure equality and equal opportunity throughout the fed. Think of it as affirmative action. If everything's generally the same length, it would mean your roleplays would be nothing of amazing.

Your roleplays would be based on content: quality vs. quality. Not a huge roleplay involving a lot versus a small roleplay. That's nonsensical.

And hell, the word count doesn't even need to count for points. It would just be something in place for the staff to give everyone the same opportunity and shot at the titles, especially with the tag and hardcore being ushered in soon enough.

-You would primarily be rated upon your general creativity (i.e. Does your roleplay make a mark? Standout?). That's the point of a fed: to use your imagination to paint a glorious picture.
-Next, you would rated on your quality. Your quality would mostly be based on your grammar, syntax, punctuation, etc. By rating such aspects of the roleplay, the staff can communicate to you, realistically speaking, how to become a better writer in general, which can help you progress through the fed.
-Furthermore, relevance would play a factor. You would have to stay true to your character and make your roleplays connect with the ACW. After all, what the hell does the ACW have to do with, for examlple, one of your characters getting a turkey sandwich? Yeah, it's a funny thought, but I've seen some stuff that's been pretty out there thus far.
-Lastly, you could, and I emphasize COULD, be rated on environment. However, this could just be checked off like the word count and not be for points towards your win/loss.

I don't think bonus points are necessary. That creates a major problem.

Overall, there it is. Something I think could make the fed a lot more fun and helpful.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
here is your straight answer.

no

Andy

Reaction score
here is your straight answer.

no

Okay, but why? Give me straight reasons why what I stated would not work. And has all of the staff agreed on what I just proposed, 'cause it's not the same thing as what was presented earlier.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
you said in another thread you never received a straight answer... so here is your straight answer.

NO. Leave it alone.

Pete

Reaction score
Slim, Andy went to all that trouble, I think he deserves a little more than that.

Straight answer: that already IS the system in place, the only thing we don't do is broadcast it. But I'm pretty sure all three of us already use those criteria to rate matches. And so far, it's been fine with everybody.

Speaking personally, while I am the biggest opposer of "vampire kills victim in the ring and has sex with her corpse", I also HATED those times on PWA where you had to talk about NOTHING BUT the match. One of my most memorable early RPs had Petey Vicious bring out one of the prop tables to the centre of the mat, assemble it, and sit there eating a McDonald's burger. It was hilarious, well written, and deserved the decent ranking it got. Also, need I say STEVIE STARR? Hardly any of his RPs were about matches, yet never once did I see one that wasn't top-notch.

But that's beside the point. That system is already in place, and everyone knows how we rank matches. Actual scores are immaterial in this instance, and could cause annoyance and conflict.

So there it is. A more fundamented "no" :)

Last edited:

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
A "no"-ski from me too. I don't want any changes. I'm satisfied.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I think we are good on this subject now. SOOOOOOO if there are any other suggestions or ideas that people have... please drop them in here and we'll see if there is a way to implement them whether it needs to happen now, later, or if it is possible to work it or what have ya.

PY.

Reaction score
I kinda see both sides to this..

Andy is just suggesting things, which is the purpose of the thread. At the same time, it seems like Andy's trying to make this PCW Jr.

I don't know Andy, hell.. I don't know anyone here, but mimicking one e fed off another does not work in the long run. Sure, suggesting things and maybe bringing bits and portions from the fed over is a good idea, but it's all going to take time. Hell, I'm still waiting for my profile to get posted. :p

Moving on, I don't find death in RP's a bad thing. In another fed, my characters best friend just got murdered by the Illuminati (My character plays a member of them) and in my opinion, as long as you don't go to far, there shouldn't be a problem. Death is a part of life.. & isn't e fedding pretty much supposed to be a fantasy world?

#2cents

Pete

Reaction score
I was focusing more on the vampirism and necrophilia aspect of it, PY. And the resulting ludicrousness ;)

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well it depends on how they die. I mean if someone is going around and just killing them and then they are competing the next night at the show... then there is a problem. IT completely defies all logic and reality cause... you're basically killing someone on live tv for all to see... so I mean how is that person not being locked up when all the evidence is blatantly there?

Andy

Reaction score
Slim, Andy went to all that trouble, I think he deserves a little more than that.

Straight answer: that already IS the system in place, the only thing we don't do is broadcast it. But I'm pretty sure all three of us already use those criteria to rate matches. And so far, it's been fine with everybody.

Speaking personally, while I am the biggest opposer of "vampire kills victim in the ring and has sex with her corpse", I also HATED those times on PWA where you had to talk about NOTHING BUT the match. One of my most memorable early RPs had Petey Vicious bring out one of the prop tables to the centre of the mat, assemble it, and sit there eating a McDonald's burger. It was hilarious, well written, and deserved the decent ranking it got. Also, need I say STEVIE STARR? Hardly any of his RPs were about matches, yet never once did I see one that wasn't top-notch.

But that's beside the point. That system is already in place, and everyone knows how we rank matches. Actual scores are immaterial in this instance, and could cause annoyance and conflict.

So there it is. A more fundamented "no" :)

Thank god and all of the heavens. That's all that had to be said instead of the "no, shut up," that I constantly heard. You shall receive reps this, Pete, although I still don't see the problem with broadcasting it, even if you don't use points. Anyway, thank you very much.

Pete

Reaction score
Yeah, but after all your bitching, we all FELT like telling you to shut up. In this instance, you were being reasonable about it, and I felt you deserved an answer, so I gave you one. If you'd been that way FROM THE START, we would have saved a lot of posts, drama, and topic-spamming.

Anyway, on to your first RP now, please. Don't forget it ends Sunday.

Andy

Reaction score
Yeah, but after all your bitching, we all FELT like telling you to shut up. In this instance, you were being reasonable about it, and I felt you deserved an answer, so I gave you one. If you'd been that way FROM THE START, we would have saved a lot of posts, drama, and topic-spamming.

Anyway, on to your first RP now, please. Don't forget it ends Sunday.

Uh, I kind of was like that at the start...

Anyway, sounds good.

BDC

Reaction score
SHUT UP ANDY!

just kidding! :punk:

And yeah, not everybody can be a psycho killer and not on TV. Simulations like our Vampire. He can claim anything and say anything, but can't be seen or rp flying around and doing anything superhuman. It can APPEAR that he has strength reserves that normal men don't. He can appear out of nowhere and do spooky things, but can't actually be cause being superhuman. Same with the crazy types. HE can say anything and do things to a point. Baldface shooting people is a LITTLE far. torturing people mercilessly, maybe. It's all about doing things where the public can see that are illegal. The police have recorded record of a crime. If they do an rp that isn't televised that's different.