ACW Rules Regulations Ideas and Suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Finally, I'd really like the locker room/more detailed character bios, especially if the user has access/the ability to edit their own bio. It really helps character development and allows one to make sure the writers really convey their character.

That's just my two cents haha.

Should be done as soon as possible say's I'm a heel but I'm not any longer.

Pete

Reaction score
Andy, you can't say you guys didn't screw people over a LITTLE bit with Relativity at times. It was hard to know how much opponent-talk you actually wanted. It seemed to never be enough unless the person talked about NOTHING BUT their match/feud. Ditto Environment, where I literally had the crowd reacting every two seconds in a promo and it still wasn't enough.

And Word Count...KILL WITH FIRE!!!!! *stabs wildly*

Andy

Reaction score
I think word count is unnecessary. If a RP is too long or too short, then the quality will suffer, and the RPer will lose. Simple as that. Length only becomes issue when it affects quality.

I'm not really sure why you keep harping on the point system, Andy. The staff isn't comfortable with it, so it isn't going to be implemented, period. Continuing belaboring the point only makes those involved in the argument look whiny and selfish.

I'd be favor in a rule revamp just to clarify basic things and help out newcomers.

Finally, I'd really like the locker room/more detailed character bios, especially if the user has access/the ability to edit their own bio. It really helps character development and allows one to make sure the writers really convey their character.

That's just my two cents haha.

Protest is the only way to make changes, my breh. Oh, so the staff's general opinion over things is now more important than the roleplayers? Without the roleplayers, the fed is dead. I say do as we did in the PWA: open up a poll regarding the matter and incorporate the pros and cons.

Andy, you can't say you guys didn't screw people over a LITTLE bit with Relativity at times. It was hard to know how much opponent-talk you actually wanted. It seemed to never be enough unless the person talked about NOTHING BUT their match/feud. Ditto Environment, where I literally had the crowd reacting every two seconds in a promo and it still wasn't enough.

And Word Count...KILL WITH FIRE!!!!! *stabs wildly*

Pete, 250 words? Really? Why was that so hard? Almost every single roleplay I posted was a thousand words or more. Hell, I got to the first word count point within minutes every time I was typing up a new one.

It was never hard to know how much I wanted, because I always gave everyone a good score with relativity. The thing with you is the you went crazy with your characters. Sometimes you wrote roleplays that had nothing to do with anything PWA-related. For example, you wrote a roleplay about Barry Jones going to a bar and trying to pick up a chick. He mentioned his match in one or two lines. You mentioned the environment in one or two lines and nothing more. All of your focus would always be on dialogue, regardless as to whether or not it was actually relevant. And you wonder why you always had rating problems with Nick and I. Everyone else usually got full points on both the environment and relativity. Hell, I usually gave you a good scores most of the time. I'd say that about 20-30% of the time, maybe a little bit more, you would write roleplays in the aforementioned manner.

Those roleplays are just jank, yo.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This word count thing is getting beaten to death but I'll say this I think it's a lot harder to make a 250 word quality rp than a 2500 word quality rp.

The fact of the matter is if I were to write a 2000 word quality rp and then ten minutes before deadline someone turned in a 5000 word quality rp I'd be pretty fuckin pissed. It has happened and it could happen and I think that's what Andy's trying to get at stopping it before it does become a problem where one person is bitching about the fact that it happened while the other guys like No rule about it :trollol: It's a word max not a word min so your rp could be 4 words.

Andy

Reaction score
Exactly. Equal word count limitations for everyone makes all of the judging based upon the content.

Pete

Reaction score
That' wasn't what I meant Andy. I meant losing a match by one point, and that point being the stupid word count point, because I didn't make 500 and the other guy did.

And with your second bit, you accidentally proved Slin's point about limiting creativity. Why SHOULDN'T i be able to focus on dialogue (which BTW carries my characters, hello Barry, hello Lord Vycious) and hae Barry do whatever the fuck I want him to? At the risk of losing?

I never had rating problems with Nick. And I mostly won anyway because I was THAT DAMN GOOD. But it was still bloody annoying. Towards the end I was tacking on environment descriptions (stilted ones) just so y'all would leave me alone about that.

Last edited:

Andy

Reaction score
That' wasn't what I meant Andy. I meant losing a match by one point, and that point being the stupid word count point, because I didn't make 500 and the other guy did.

And with your second bit, you accidentally proved Slin's point about limiting creativity. Why SHOULDN'T i be able to focus on dialogue (which BTW carries my characters, hello Barry, hello Lord Vycious) and hae Barry do whatever the fuck I want him to? At the risk of losing?

I never had rating problems with Nick. And I mostly won anyway because I was THAT DAMN GOOD. But it was still bloody annoying. Towards the end I was tacking on environment descriptions (stilted ones) just so y'all would leave me alone about that.

A) Not really. You shouldn't complain when it's not even that hard to get to 500. It was your own fault. Get over it already. I don't think anyone here writes less than 500, but this is to ensure that there is more equality with the roleplays.

B) Again...wow. Just wow. That had to be the stupidest point I've ever seen. Are you drunk again, breh? Anyway, you now that there has to be relevance. Why should you win against someone who actually mentions the fed and builds on the kayfabe? Exactly. I never said you couldn't focus on the dialogue either. I said that's all you would ever focus on though. If you were smart, you would've focused on dialogue and thrown the rest of the stuff in. Maybe then you wouldn't have been bitching about word count. And dialogue alone does not a proper roleplay make. If you want to roleplay like that, feel free to join the UWF.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Are we still on this? Really?

But... but I do wanna say this though. After the PPV there will be some roster cleaning. We get rid of the dead weight and hopefully during that time we can change the roster page so that everyone will have control over their own threads. Only thing I ask though is if you make a change... make a post in your thread so that we'll know... like if you change your music, you change a few moves, add some, change your alignment, all of that. Cause it could be a pain to have to search through every time to see if somethin changed and that way we'll know right off the bat that you did change something... but please don't go face/heel every other week... we aren't TNA :p I mean Impact Wrestling :p

Last edited:

Andy

Reaction score
Are we still on this? Really?

I love how whenever you reply, you ignore whatever argument was made against the way your current system works instead of focusing on trying to help the roleplayers become more equal, thus giving everyone a better and more equal opportunity at winning. Instead you just bitch about something you don't want to deal with because you have too much pride when it comes to your current system. Like I said, open it up to the masses. See what they say. I successfully used our old PWA system on one of McHenry's roleplays earlier if you would like to check it out. It's pretty hard to manipulate unless you're staff, by the way.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I love how whenever you reply, you ignore whatever argument was made against the way your current system works instead of focusing on trying to help the roleplayers become more equal, thus giving everyone a better and more equal opportunity at winning. Instead you just bitch about something you don't want to deal with because you have too much pride when it comes to your current system. Like I said, open it up to the masses. See what they say. I successfully used our old PWA system on one of McHenry's roleplays earlier if you would like to check it out. It's pretty hard to manipulate unless you're staff, by the way.

it was made in sarcasm to try to lighten the mood cause its been getting rather tense.

So my apologies for not lashing back or reacting in a negative way as I have been previously as you have stated on more than one occasion.

But I mean isn't this thread open to the public? I believe it is and generally speaking... you are the only one that seems deadset on this point system whereas I haven't seen much support from much anybody else so... I wouldn't say it is pride on my part but more siding with the masses that don't seem to care for this precious point system. Perhaps it is your ego that is blinding you from seeing this.

And plus you took a roleplay already written and applied it to your system. IF there was a system applied then chances are it would have been written differently which would garner different results. Which is why when an outline/criteria is specified... things are geared to fit THAT outline/criteria. But... whatever man.

Andy

Reaction score
it was made in sarcasm to try to lighten the mood cause its been getting rather tense.

So my apologies for not lashing back or reacting in a negative way as I have been previously as you have stated on more than one occasion.

But I mean isn't this thread open to the public? I believe it is and generally speaking... you are the only one that seems deadset on this point system whereas I haven't seen much support from much anybody else so... I wouldn't say it is pride on my part but more siding with the masses that don't seem to care for this precious point system. Perhaps it is your ego that is blinding you from seeing this.

Do you honestly think that most of the roster looks at this topic? I highly doubt that, which is why it would just be easier to put it to a vote.

And plus you took a roleplay already written and applied it to your system. IF there was a system applied then chances are it would have been written differently which would garner different results. Which is why when an outline/criteria is specified... things are geared to fit THAT outline/criteria. But... whatever man.

Yeah, and it worked, did it not? Why would it be written differently if it met the requirements? They were very general. I just want some sort of system that is public that allows for people to have equal opportunities when writing under set limitations which make their writings more equal.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Personally, I have just skimmed this argument. I have no idea what it is about so I guess I just don't care.

Andy

Reaction score
Exactly. It's assumed that anyone besides us knows what's going on.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Andy, stop trying to make this fed into PWA, this isn't PWA. I actually love the fact that there is no open grading. I don't feel completely like shit when I see my environment is the reason I lost. The way the grading is done here makes it that much better. Not knowing if you'll win or not, and read about it, rather than tally up your points. I personally think ACW is doing great, and I'm extremely happy to be a part of it.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Andy... I said it before and I'll say it again... just shut up. All you do is bitch. Just leave. Goodness you're like a cancerous mole.