ACW Disscussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pete

Reaction score
1. Sandbagging. Don't leave everything until last minute and maybe this won't be a problem. Personally if I have two, I'm going to drop two. It's up to the other person to meet their cap without having to worry about WHEN I do stuff. Focus on winning your end of the match and quit worrying about mine.

2. Let's get this straight. If the cap is 2 RPs and one person drops 2 and the other drops 1, we're going to reward the person who met their cap (unless both RPs are utter shit). Because, hey, met their caps, made the effort. In a one-on-one situation though, it's down to who has the best RP.

But those are two of the reasons why we mostly went with one RP. To avoid such complaints.

Reaction score
1. Sandbagging. Don't leave everything until last minute and maybe this won't be a problem. Personally if I have two, I'm going to drop two. It's up to the other person to meet their cap without having to worry about WHEN I do stuff. Focus on winning your end of the match and quit worrying about mine.

2. Let's get this straight. If the cap is 2 RPs and one person drops 2 and the other drops 1, we're going to reward the person who met their cap (unless both RPs are utter shit). Because, hey, met their caps, made the effort. In a one-on-one situation though, it's down to who has the best RP.

I'm not going to start shit but number 2 not only don't make any sense but it isn't fair to people who actuall can't make the cap. I actually don't think that Solomon White should have beat me because neither of his rp's were as good as my one rp.

I would love to do feedback for feedback if anyone is down?

BDC

Reaction score
Well, some people can, some people can't. If it is an issue, we will stick to one rp cap in most cases. I just like more sometimes. Champions should have more expected of them, for example. But, I don't see a problem with 2 whole rps in a weeks time if one doesn't wait around to see what his opponent does. But I'm used to doing a lot.

We just had a discussion about a handicap match where one could beat two. I dont' think so. #1 in a handicap, the one would have to work harder than two anyway. #2 if all things are equal, ie well written rp-not spam, one rp should never beat two. IDK...throwin that out there for what it's worth. but I did 5 last week without battin an eye..

BDC

Reaction score
I actually don't think that Solomon White should have beat me because neither of his rp's were as good as my one rp.

I didn't grade that one or write it, but I'd have to disagree. I think they were both good rps and, if you had dropped the second, it would have been a close one. Just my opinion.

But don't worry. Will try not to put you in that position again.

Shaun

Reaction score
To be fair, it isn't hard to do 2 RP's in a week or however long you get. When I RP for Stevie Starr, my RP's are never the same but the point of the RP's are always the same whatever the cap. A second RP can help give the reader more insight into the character, than one RP would. If you can't think of something to write for a second RP and your opponent has RP'ed, just respond to what they have said about your guy and add your own spin to it. That's what I do when I'm stuck for ideas.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You say that but I'm a full time student. I also work over 40 hours a week. Now I have the type of job where I don't actually do work persay but someone who does I could easily see why they can't do two. What if the cap is 4 I do 3 great rp's would you expect me to lose to someone who did 3 mediocre rps?

That's dumb and the better RP'er the one with more skill is losing because he didn't have time, or didn't wast time throwing together some trash rp.

If this is how the cap system works then I say take it back to one, because it's no longer a cap system it's a you must do this many rps. It lowers standards and skills. I've never been personally in favor of giving a required number or cap at all.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I was thinkin and then I saw Shaun sig and it distracted me :p But I'm back again... and here is my take on it...

The cap system isn't a reward system for if you meet it then you should get that extra bump. It is definitely about quality and story telling and if the person that did 1 rp tells it better and did better overall than the one that did 2... I guarantee you I will pick the one that did the 1.

To me... the cap system is just there just in case you want to tell more, say more, do more with your character but doesn't necessarily have to be met. It isn't a requirement... but a SUGGESTION. Now if you a champion you should do better and get closer to the RP cause you are the top tier and you are setting the example for the others. You are the measuring stick as the champion therefore you need to make sure you perform.

But for other matches it isn't that much of a requirement but more a suggestion to see if you can get there... but if you can perform very well with just one... you should be just fine and shouldn't be penalized cause someone did 2 and you only did one. But that's how I've always viewed things.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
We are the last ones alive. Look out for food!

The_King

Reaction score
Whatever happened to that predictions thread? It got like two pages of replies last card and now has disappeared haha.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
King, you just ruined a great, starting pointless convo. BURN!