A tribute to the greatest women's champion of all time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Re: A tribue to the greatest women's champion of all time

Came in here expecting Sable pics, where are they?

Lita was an innovator I guess as the first mainstream girl to do the high flying stuff, but still, I can't remember anything about her apart from her slutty outfits while with Edge.

Did you ever watch her matches? She did a lot more than wear slutty outfits while she was with Edge, lol.

Easily the best, everything about her was unique and set her apart from all the other Divas past and present. Was a vital part in getting Edge over too.

I agree! She's the reason why Edge was referred to as "the Rated R superstar." I suppose we have Matt to thank as well because he opened his big mouth. :p

She was that hot, rebellious Chick that showed off her thong and had talent, guys loved her for it and women associated with her more than the airhead blondes or butch biatches. Its amazing seeing just how big her pops were, guys would kill for that pop thesedays, even Punbk doesn't get a pop like that.

She really was, added so much to Edges Main Event run. Turning on Kane, the real life Fatt Hardy drama, wearing those halter tops, without that Edge wouldn't have been the rated R Superstar and WWE booked her manager role perfectly with her helping Edge at every turn and showing her tits!

:lmao You and her boobs! It is true that there are many wrestlers today that probably wish they would get a reaction like Lita. The fans genuinely loved her. The fact that they disliked her so much once they found out she cheated on Matt goes to show how much they idolized her. They were disappointed that someone they admired so much would betray someone like that. It makes sense.

Lita's suicide dive bump against Trish was one of the nastiest things I've ever seen someone get up and shrug off. From then on, the match stayed fast and intense. I don't really have a Lita moment but that was the one match that showed me how tough the girls can be and that the division is something WWE should have kept their eye on.

Trish is still my personal favourite because of how much she had to improve and evolve over the years, but none of the girls could perform on Lita's level.

Lita wasn't afraid to do anything. She was one of those girls that would put her body on the line. Hell, she's proud that Austin beat her up with a chair. She loves wrestling and will do anything for any company she works for.

She is my favourite women's wrestler of all time. Her unique style just made her stand out well above the rest of the women wrestlers at the time. She wasn't some cookie cutter bimbo, she was completely different and that is what made her so good. She pulled off moves that you never saw women wrestlers do and her stuff with the Hardy Boys was great, the fact that she would get involved in some of those matches is crazy. I remember the spear she took on the outside from Edge where he went full pelt into her and ended up smashing her head into a ladder. Completely rejuvinated herself with the Matt/Edge situation and who would have thought she could be such a good heel. Got a huge amount of heel heat and it just made that Rated R title reign so much better.

Don't think we will ever see another like her again but here is hoping we do.

I don't think so either. She came into the company as someone that wanted to wrestle and she proved that every single week. Before Vitoria and Trish's Chicago Street Fight, she was in hardcore matches with Jacqueline. She took head shots from men before any other female did. She truly was the pioneer of the women's division. I do not think she is given enough credit.

While I always appreciate her skill set as she was so different than anything else the women's division had ever seen for some reason I was never a huge fan of her's until she united with Edge. Maybe it was because I was never a big Hardy's fan. I don't reall know. But as Edge's second she was absolutely fantastic.

Loved her with Edge! Now that I look back and don't care about the real life situation because it isn't my business, I can say that Lita was a great manager and has put everyone that she has managed over.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

No where near the greatest, her matches were mostly sloppy and her promos pretty bland. I agree about her impact on women's wrestling mostly because of how the character became an idol for teenage girls, showing how girls could be inderpendent and stand up to men as well as being sexy. But I still give WWF more credit for her sucess than Lita herself.

Aja Kong, Moonah, Kai, Victoria, Trish, Molly Holly, Awesome Kong for examples all better.

Reaction score

No where near the greatest, her matches were mostly sloppy and her promos pretty bland. I agree about her impact on women's wrestling mostly because of how the character became an idol for teenage girls, showing how girls could be inderpendent and stand up to men as well as being sexy. But I still give WWF more credit for her sucess than Lita herself.

Aja Kong, Moonah, Kai, Victoria, Trish, Molly Holly, Awesome Kong for examples all better.

We're acknowledging Lita's greatness. I don't see why you dislike her so much. Trish Stratus wouldn't be as relevant as she is today if Lita didn't change the role of the women in the WWE.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
:lmao Awesome Kong

Fat black chick. That is all. Nothing about her was remarkable whatsoever.

Reaction score

She wasn't anything spectacular. The girl didn't have ANY mic skills. There's a reason why Raisha Saeed spoke on her behalf. Even though I love Molly Holly, she wasn't exactly the best on the mic either. She is one of the best female wrestlers of all time and yes, she did improve on the mic but come on, nobody can hold a candle to Stephanie McMahon.

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
And she flopped in WWE because Gail Kim wasn't there to get her over.

That is seriously one of the most ridiculous assertions I've read on this forum that wasn't pitched by SAIYANS.

Reaction score
And she flopped in WWE because Gail Kim wasn't there to get her over.

That is seriously one of the most ridiculous assertions I've read on this forum that wasn't pitched by SAIYANS.

There wasn't anyone in the WWE that could put on a good match against Kong anyway.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
She was a solid wrestler by Diva standards I guess, but what did she ever do with the belt to be considered G.O.A.T Champ :lol: I can't remember her defending it anymore than Steph McMahon tbh, it seemed more like a prop to make her and Edge look like a power couple than anything legit.

The only matches I can remember her in were her retirment vs Mickie, and the TLC spots where she got her skull caved in by Rhyno. Her matches in mid 2000's were like Sin Cara with tits, all she did was injure herself botching :lol:

Reaction score
Who is the GOAT then? She didn't need a belt anyway because she was well established from the beginning. She had the belt before being paired with Edge, by the way.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Thank-you racist. Did you miss her series with Gail Kim in 2008? She was never given a chance to get over in WWE and everyone knows it.

The critque of Molly Holly on the mic is just wrong, she was a great heel both in Rights to Censor and after that too, besides when you look at how bad 90% of Lita's promos were how can you bash Molly?

I never said that Lita didn't open doors for Trish, but the fact is Trish was better in the ring and, had a great look and knew how to work a crowd far more effectively.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Who is the GOAT then? She didn't need a belt anyway because she was well established from the beginning. She had the belt before being paired with Edge, by the way.

I'm totally open to debate, don't really follow women wrestling so my view is skewed.

I'd stick with Sable, she was the reason they resurrected the division and she was the first one in decades with any star appeal and personality. Her Playboy shoot was a huge boost in publicity for WWE at a time when they really needed the help.

Not gonna judge her on her matches because, well, how many womens matches have been good?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Thank-you racist. Did you miss her series with Gail Kim in 2008? She was never given a chance to get over in WWE and everyone knows it.

The critque of Molly Holly on the mic is just wrong, she was a great heel both in Rights to Censor and after that too, besides when you look at how bad 90% of Lita's promos were how can you bash Molly?

I never said that Lita didn't open doors for Trish, but the fact is Trish was better in the ring and, had a great look and knew how to work a crowd far more effectively.
Yes, I'm completely racist. Ask [MENTION=483]PHX[/MENTION], he sees me wearing my Klan hood on Facebook every day.

Gail is a good wrestler. Kong is not. That's like saying Razor Ramon was a great wrestler just because Shawn Michaels made him look good.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Kong can work her ass off so going to disagree that she was carried by Gail in their series or whatever.

But anyways from a total overall standpoint I preferred Trish over Lita but it's not horrible to say Lita is up there.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Eh... maybe you should watch their matches again, PHX. Gina and I just watched all 4 of them a couple days ago on the Knockouts dvd so they're all still pretty fresh in my mind. Kong wasn't a particularly bad wrestler, I just don't think she was any different than any male wrestler that had a similar role, like Yokozuna or Umaga. She was good at what she did, but what she did really wasn't that spectacular. She threw her weight around on smaller wrestlers who sold the fuck out of the few moves she did and made her look like a beast. But if you really look at the things she did in the ring, it's nothing any of us couldn't do if we weighed 400 pounds or whatever. Fat people are strong. They have to be just to walk every day. That might sound fucked up, but it's the truth. Her one and only asset was her strength. And Gail had much better matches with women that were closer to her size. Kong was more of a spectacle than a wrestler.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yes, I'm completely racist. Ask @PHX, he sees me wearing my Klan hood on Facebook every day.

Gail is a good wrestler. Kong is not. That's like saying Razor Ramon was a great wrestler just because Shawn Michaels made him look good.

Then why mention her skin colour? Why not just call her a 'fat chick' instead of 'fat black chick'? Seems you were using her colour because you find it more demeaning.

Kong can work her ass off so going to disagree that she was carried by Gail in their series or whatever.

But anyways from a total overall standpoint I preferred Trish over Lita but it's not horrible to say Lita is up there.

Not horrible just wrong...

Last edited by a moderator: