A tribute to the greatest women's champion of all time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I feel that the greatest women's champion of all time is none other than Lita. This thread is not meant to debate whether or not you agree with this statement or not. I miss Lita very much and felt that she deserves a thread where we could discuss our favorite Lita moments and her greatest achievements. She has entertained us from day one and whether she was a babyface or a heel, she had a wonderful connection with the crowd, in my opinion definitely the greatest as far as the female wrestlers go.

For some strange reason, I cannot seem to frame my paragraphs here; therefore please bare with me. When Lita first began in the WWE, I was very impressed with her athleticism and attitude. As a teenage girl that did not relate very well to other girls because I was into the rock/heavy metal scene and I suppose I was intrigued by people that looked different, Lita appealed to me instantly. Prior to Lita, I thought Chyna was very cool because she could beat the living hell out of men; however I could not relate to her. Lita was someone that a lot of females could relate to. You would look at her and think, "she looks cool, she can wrestle and she's different." I also loved that she received such a huge ovation every time she came out on her own or with the Hardy Boys. It became apparent that the women in the WWE could be just as popular and gifted as the men. She received the respect that she deserved and ever since her departure, I have not witnessed another female stand out as much as Lita did and connect with the fans as well as she did. Regardless of her injury that kept her away for a while and her personal business, she was and always will be the most popular and beloved female wrestler of all time in my eyes. You can share your opinions as well and your favorite Lita moments. This was my favorite Lita moment:

[youtube]2yRmpA5Wc88[/youtube]

I thought this match was very special because they trusted the women to main-event raw. Yes, The Rock, Kurt Angle and Triple H were involved; however you have to give it up to Lita. The company had a lot of faith in her and it isn't every day that Vince McMahon will let you mingle with the huge male stars.

Last edited by a moderator:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Re: A tribue to the greatest women's champion of all time

Lita was awesome. The best female wrestler ever. No contest.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

Well this is a great love fest. I see Cerbs didn't want to argue this at all.

I'll stand by Fabolous Moolah being the greatest women's champion ever holding the belt for 27 amazing years.

Reaction score

Well this is a great love fest. I see Cerbs didn't want to argue this at all.

I'll stand by Fabolous Moolah being the greatest women's champion ever holding the belt for 27 amazing years.

No disrespect to Fabulous Moolah. I have a lot of respect for her and she was great at what she did; however Lita intrigued me more.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton

I agree with her being the best Women's Champ ever and best female wrestler for a couple of reasons. She could genuinely wrestle, she was hot, she really did revolutionize women's wrestling in America with her style and she influenced alot of other female wrestlers.

My favourite Lita moment though has to be when she got her boob out :D Its such a nice boob.

But seriously from Moonsaulting with Essa, Litacanranaing everyone with the Hardys, Main Eventing Raw in a Womens Title match, competing in a steel cage match, her entire run with Edge, getting the fans to love her and care about her to a level that only Trish could compete with in the Divas division she has a lot of great moments.

Reaction score

I agree with her being the best Women's Champ ever and best female wrestler for a couple of reasons. She could genuinely wrestle, she was hot, she really did revolutionize women's wrestling in America with her style and she influenced alot of other female wrestlers.

My favourite Lita moment though has to be when she got her boob out :D Its such a nice boob.

But seriously from Moonsaulting with Essa, Litacanranaing everyone with the Hardys, Main Eventing Raw in a Womens Title match, competing in a steel cage match, her entire run with Edge, getting the fans to love her and care about her to a level that only Trish could compete with in the Divas division she has a lot of great moments.

:lmao I love your favorite moment! Very revolutionary. :p I respect Trish Stratus and I do think that she brought a lot of attention to the women's division when Lita was gone; however Lita was without a doubt the most beloved female in the WWE. I have never heard such loud and passionate chants for any other woman in the company. I feel that Lita made the women's division matter and that she was the first woman in the WWE that used her wrestling skills and sexuality to her advantage.

Weez

Reaction score

What blows me away is how much better Steph was in the ring that I remember her. Having thought about that during the entire match, I realize that the competition was much better back then, and and Steph would be one of the better ones over the last few years.

Damn, that is so sad.

Reaction score

What blows me away is how much better Steph was in the ring that I remember her. Having thought about that during the entire match, I realize that the competition was much better back then, and and Steph would be one of the better ones over the last few years.

Damn, that is so sad.

:lmao That's very true. Stephanie took some hard bumps!

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Came in here expecting Sable pics, where are they?

Lita was an innovator I guess as the first mainstream girl to do the high flying stuff, but still, I can't remember anything about her apart from her slutty outfits while with Edge.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Easily the best, everything about her was unique and set her apart from all the other Divas past and present. Was a vital part in getting Edge over too.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton

:lmao I love your favorite moment! Very revolutionary. :p I respect Trish Stratus and I do think that she brought a lot of attention to the women's division when Lita was gone; however Lita was without a doubt the most beloved female in the WWE. I have never heard such loud and passionate chants for any other woman in the company. I feel that Lita made the women's division matter and that she was the first woman in the WWE that used her wrestling skills and sexuality to her advantage.

She was that hot, rebellious Chick that showed off her thong and had talent, guys loved her for it and women associated with her more than the airhead blondes or butch biatches. Its amazing seeing just how big her pops were, guys would kill for that pop thesedays, even Punbk doesn't get a pop like that.

Easily the best, everything about her was unique and set her apart from all the other Divas past and present. Was a vital part in getting Edge over too.

She really was, added so much to Edges Main Event run. Turning on Kane, the real life Fatt Hardy drama, wearing those halter tops, without that Edge wouldn't have been the rated R Superstar and WWE booked her manager role perfectly with her helping Edge at every turn and showing her tits!

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee

Lita's suicide dive bump against Trish was one of the nastiest things I've ever seen someone get up and shrug off. From then on, the match stayed fast and intense. I don't really have a Lita moment but that was the one match that showed me how tough the girls can be and that the division is something WWE should have kept their eye on.

Trish is still my personal favourite because of how much she had to improve and evolve over the years, but none of the girls could perform on Lita's level.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

She is my favourite women's wrestler of all time. Her unique style just made her stand out well above the rest of the women wrestlers at the time. She wasn't some cookie cutter bimbo, she was completely different and that is what made her so good. She pulled off moves that you never saw women wrestlers do and her stuff with the Hardy Boys was great, the fact that she would get involved in some of those matches is crazy. I remember the spear she took on the outside from Edge where he went full pelt into her and ended up smashing her head into a ladder. Completely rejuvinated herself with the Matt/Edge situation and who would have thought she could be such a good heel. Got a huge amount of heel heat and it just made that Rated R title reign so much better.

Don't think we will ever see another like her again but here is hoping we do.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score

While I always appreciate her skill set as she was so different than anything else the women's division had ever seen for some reason I was never a huge fan of her's until she united with Edge. Maybe it was because I was never a big Hardy's fan. I don't reall know. But as Edge's second she was absolutely fantastic.