A New Idea! People Read And Reply If You Would Be Interested

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
Hi guys, it's TeamPoser101 (or Matt) here lol. So, I had done this about 3 or 4 years ago, some guys might remember it if they were in on it before, but I had started like a be the booker/wrestling creative league. It pretty much was an idea that everyone could have their own wrestling company, and all the talent (everyone down from the wrestlers to the managers to the commentary to referees to everyone) would be up for grabs. It would be as if everyone was working on the independent circuit once again. Each individual would get to have 10 free draft picks and then each piece of talent would have a price next to them that you would have to "pay for them". It is up to everyone to get their own television deal and everything else, which means they would go to a Television Deals section and ask a certain network, and then that network would reply with yes or no (which would be pretty much the moderator deciding from the flip of a coin or whatever you would do with a chance kind of thing). Then each week you would write up a show, just like any other show on a btb, and you would be graded and given a TV rating, which would give your company "money" to spend to acquire new talent or other advertising or whatever that could help your company grow. It's like a fantasy territory system where you compete with other federations to be the best wrestling company in the world. Your company would be based somewhere locally and you would most likely run shows locally, until you could afford enough money to take your company national or whatever. Below are the guidelines of this btb league.

his will give you all a look at how to set out your federation.

Step 1 - Deciding On A Project
The first thing you have to do is decide what kind of fed you want to create, and think of a name for that particular fed. The mainstream names are not to be used (WWE, TNA, ROH). Be creative! Make sure you sign your fed up under the "Promotion Sign Up" post. Just follow the template already on the message board.

Step 2- Searching For A Network
The second thing you have to do is go to the "Television Deals" post, and look for a network that is still available. Each network will require your fed to produce a certain tv rating, after each weekly show. Some networks will require a higher rating than others, but the networks that require the higher ratings will give you more money after each show. Once you have found a network that you feel would be a perfect fit for your show, just simply reply to the Network's topic and say that you accept the agreement. The TV rating that your show gets will be determined by the administrators of the efed, based on how creative and thought provoking your show was. If you do not meet the rating that the network requires of you, the network will warn you twice, and the third time that you do not meet the requirement, you will be dropped from the network. Once you are dropped from the network, it is up to you to find another remaining network to pick your show up. However, if you do meet or exceed the requirement, the network will give you money weekly to run your federation: buy new talent, buy new amenities for your company (a titan tron, a shop zone, a stage, hold a fan festival, etc.), steal talent away from other companies, or even put other companies out of business. The fact is, not just the talent working for your company, but the amenities that you have, such as a titan tron, stage, a shop zone, etc....will do nothing but help your TV rating that the administrator gives you each week. I suggest though, that you build up your roster to a certain degree first, before you start purchasing the amenities. The amenities are kind of pointless, if you don't have a roster.

Step 3 - Start Building Up Your Roster
Now it is time to start building up your roster. The first thing you should do is go to the Superstar/Employee Prices board to see just which superstars are available and how much each of them costs. The only definite requirement with the staff portion is that each company must have at least two broadcast commentators, one backstage interviewer, one in ring announcer, two referees, and one authority figure. Once you go to the Superstar/Employee Prices board to see which superstars are available, each piece of talent will have a price next to them on how much they are to purchase. Make sure that you have a nice blend of Main Eventers, Mid-Carders, Low-Carders/Cruiserweights, Tag Teams, and room for different talent to proceed into a higher or lower status. Once you want to start buying talent, just reply to the post with all available talent, and state who you want to buy, and the administrator will add it to your company's roster page. With tag teams, just reply to the roster thread on your particular company's board, telling the administrator what talent you want the tag team or stable to consist of. (Ex. Go To Your Company's Topic, Click On Your Roster Thread, Reply To That Thread Saying "Jeff Hardy Teaming Up With Matt Hardy To Make The Hardy Boyz") After you have done that, the administrator will add that tag team to your roster page.

Step 4 - Creating Your Titles
After you have your roster, its time to create your titles, normally I would suggest keeping the amount of titles down, lets say start with 4 championships, a World Title (most important, for the Main Event) a mid card title (say IC or US to use as a stepping stone) and the Tag Team Titles.... Finally ex it off with the Cruiserweight Title to add some flair into the show or the Women's Title, if you have a Women's division. Another title you could add is the Hardcore Title, or something along those lines. Again you don't have to call them (Intercontinental Title or United States Title) feel free to come up with something new like the Atlantic title, or something along those lines (which is best), after you've decided on that, it's time to move on. You then reply to the roster thread with who you want to be your champions. If a championship changes hands on one of your shows, the administrator will change the champion on the roster thread himself, unless otherwise instructed by the booker.

Step 5 - Begin Planning
First off, plan a few months ahead so you know exactly what you want to accomplish, for example if someone was starting a WWE fed, and you want to start at the beginning of the wrestling year (Day after WrestleMania), then first thing you should do once you have your roster and titles, is figure out what you want to do at the next PPV like feuds and such, and then work backwards, that way you will have an exact direction that you want to take your work. Have a few months planned out before you write, keep in mind that you can still make changes as you go, but having a general direction will help you keep your focus.

Step 6 - Developing characters and story lines
Once you have everything planned, and a basic outline of what you want to see happen, its time to start writing, over the first couple of shows is when you start building your story lines, highlighting your feature talent and establishing your champions, however just as important and most often ignored is character development. While it is difficult to do with a large roster, it is important that everyone on your roster have his or her own distinguished personality to set them apart, and when your roster is shortened (40 or especially 25) it's important to create distinction between each and every person on the roster. For example, you want to establish a monster, you use Kane, in a simple promo or act demonstrate that he is a monster with no conscience. Developing characters and pushing them correctly is the best way to get recognition for your project.

Step 5 - Writing the Show
Now that you have a good idea of your roster, a rough plan of what you want to do, its time to write your show, until you feel comfortable, I suggest using this basic formula.

Segment 1 - Opening Promo
Segment 2 - First Match
Segment 3 - Small Promo/Mid-card Match
Segment 4 - Promo to Set-up PPV match
Segment 5 - Tag Team Match
Segment 6 - Promo to set-up match next week/IC Title Match
Segment 7 - Main Event

Once you gain some comfort and confidence, you will be free to break away from this, start with match at the beginning, or end the show with a promo, but for newer writers I suggest it because it covers everything you need, and sets up for the next show. Now for match writing, now I suggest not writing full matches, just providing the ending of the match and aftermath, although I suggest for PPV's writing the full match, cause just the ending of a WrestleMania main event wont cut it

Step 6 - BE CREATIVE
One of the greatest feds I have ever read was one where the matches themselves weren't necessarily 5 stars, but because the story lines were so unique, it was an instant hit. Be creative, and be original, take these characters that you have created and molded and throw them through situations, like friendship, betrayal, depression, manipulation, loss of faith and much more..... Experiment with characters, find out what works and what doesn’t, what works for one writer doesn't work for another, find what works for you.

Important Final Notes
Learn from your mistakes, as a beginner nobody is expecting you to be the best booker, or a legend in your first month or so, just learn from your mistakes and from the advise that others give you, And remember to use proper grammar and organization. NOTHING throws readers off like bad grammar and disorganized work, use of bold, italics and underlines will save you a lot of trouble and even some color thrown in there would add a little touch every once in awhile, make your work look good, take some pride in your work... Because if you don’t show some pride in your work, how can you expect us too?

Additional Information:

-Also, if someone does buy out your company, you can choose to make a new company, but each time you have to start a new company, you will be granted less money to start out with.

-You can as well trade wrestlers for other wrestlers for another company, but both parties have to agree to the trade. If you want to propose a trade to another company's worker, go to the "trades" board under the general category, and a start a new thread, asking the other company's owner if he wants to trade.

-If you want you can as well buy out another worker from another company, but you have to pay three times what the original company paid for the worker. So say WWE paid 700,000 for Randy Orton. If TNA wanted to buy out Randy Orton's contract, they would have to have enough to purchase Orton for 2,100,000. Also, after you request the buy out, you have to give the promotion using them at that time, at least until the next PPV to write them out of the script.

-After each show that you book, the administrator will post a TV rating (ex: 3.4 rating) for your show on the "Weekly TV Ratings" board. Again, if you meet or exceed the minimum rating set forth by the network that you are on, you will be given the money that the network promised. However, if you are below the minimum rating set forth by the network....you will be given two warnings...and the third offense is removal from the network. If you are removed from the network, it is your duty to go to the "Television Deals" post, and find an available network. Once you have found that network...reply to their thread, saying you want them to run your show.

-For Monthly PPV's, their is no minimum rating. However, each whole rating will be given $100,000. So, if you are given a 1.8 rating for your PPV, you are given $180,000 for that specific event. The only thing is, is that to be granted a PPV slot, you have to at least have a run of 4 weekly shows that have produced a better than quota rating, and if you get a lower than quota rating on the pay per view, you will have a standard 25,000 dollars taking out of your company "money" and you will not be compensated for your pay per view...so make sure you choose your pay per view decisions, wisely.

-All worker contracts are paid for one year, so if you hire Randy Orton for 700,000...that is a one time fee that you have to pay to have Orton on your programming for the entire year.

-Also you can have more than just one weekly show a week, the maximum is 3. However, for each show, you must find a different tv network to air that show. So, for instance, RAW will be on USA Network, Smackdown will be on UPN, NXT will be on Syfy. Therefore, for each show that you want to do, you must find a new network, for each show by going to the "Television Deals" board.

If you have any other questions about the procedure or the booker challenge in general, you can PM me or send a reply on the Talk To Owner OOC post.

ALSO VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!
YOU MUST SUBMIT AT LEAST ONE BTB A WEEK (OR TWO OR THREE DEPENDING ON HOW MANY SHOWS THAT YOU RUN A WEEK)

THE ONE WEEKLY BTB OR THE 2 OR THREE BTBS THAT YOU DO, THEY ALL MUST BE SUBMITTED BY NO LATER THAN ON THE DAY OF YOUR SHOW AT 12:00 PM NOON EASTERN STANDARD TIME!

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
An example of the "rating system" and what would happen:

Star: Pro Monday Night Fire: 3.3 TV Rating- Met The Network Quota

BOW Saturday Night Aggression: 3.7 TV Rating- Met The Network Quota

BCWA Friday Night Fury: 4.5 TV Rating- Met The Network Quota

RCW Monday Night Sin: 5.3 TV Rating- Met The Network Quota
RCW Wednesday Night Infraction: 5.0 TV Rating- Met The Network Quota

UWE Rising: 5.2 TV Rating- Met The Network Quota
UWE Friday Night Madness: 5.5 TV Rating- Met The Network Quota

ROP Bruality X: 5.2 TV Rating- Met The Network Quota

---------------------------------------------

Star: Pro Monday Night Fire: FX: 2.5 Rating Required : 5,000 Each Show
Money Earned: 5,000 + 0 = 5,000
Total: 5,000

BOW Aggression: Universal Sports: 2.0 Rating Required: 3,000 Each Show
Money Earned: 3,000 + 2,000 = 5,000
Total: 5,000

BCWA Friday Night Fury: TheCW: 3.0 Rating Required: 7,500 Each Show
Money Earned: 7,500 + 2,000 = 9,500
Total: 9,500

ROP Brutality X: Playboy: 2.0 Rating Required: 3,000 Each Show
Money Earned: 3,000 + 6,000 = 9,000
Total: 9,000

RCW Monday Night Sin: Spike TV: 3.5 Rating Required: 10,000 Each Show
Money Earned: 10,000 + 2,000 = 12,000
---------------------
RCW Wednesday Night Infraction: UPN: 3.0 Rating Required: 7,500: Each Show
Money Earned: 7,500 + 2,000 + 2,000 = 11,500
Total: 23,500

UWE Rising: MyNetworkTV: 3.0 Rating Required: 7,500 Each Show
Money Earned: 7,500 + 2,000 + 2,000 = 11,500
---------------------
UWE Friday Night Madness: USA: 3.5 Rating Required: 10,000 Each Show
Money Earned: 10,000 + 2,000 + 2,000 = 14,000
Total: 25,500

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
An Example of the Television Deals Pitching, And What Happens When You're Looking For A Network

First Post:

UPN Network Pays Out: $ 7,500.00 For Each Show, That Meets Or Exceeds The Quota Rating

UPN Network Requires A Rating Of: 3.0 Each Week

*If You Are Interested In Getting This Network To Run Your Show, Simply Reply To This Thread, Saying So. The Network Will Reply With A "Yes" Or "No" Answer.*

Second Post: The Booker/Poster

If I can time travel back to when you still existed, I'd love to have a program on your network Wednesday nights 8PM-10PM.

Third Post: Moderator

UPN Network Executive: Sounds good! What will be the name of your show?

Fourth Post: Booker / Poster

Wednesday Night Infraction! I'm gonna try to get the first up tonight if not we will start next week!

It's as easy as that. But if you have any more clarification, just send me a PM and I'll answer any questions you have. I hope you guys are down for something like this, because this is a pretty neat idea I think still.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Sounds good, but also sounds like a lot of time is needed, which I personally don't have.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Didn't we already do this lol it didn't work.

No we did a simpler version that didn't work.

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
Well, all you would have to do is just commit to a btb once a week. It doesn't even have to be that in depth, just a few matches and a couple generalized promos, a good btb isn't going to be word for word promos. As for the moderating and deciding and all that, that will be up to me since I would be the moderator of it. This project is my baby, and I'll make sure it doesn't fail. It'll make having a btb actually worth something and not just a pointless thing to do.

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
It would be as if the WWE/TNA/ROH all went out of business and it reverted back to the territory times...which in reality if that ever did happen where all those companies had to fold, that is probably what would happen in real life.