TNA 2005 iMPACT & PPV Reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Are you suggesting they choose to go months without TV? Cause LOLTNA if true.
Better to get a station that pays you instead of you paying them.

But hey, that's what they're doing now on Destination America

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I mean I'm sure they were allowed to negotiate with Spike without dropping Fox.

WWE didn't drop Spike for months when they made the jump either time.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Don't you mean Pop? Destination America was before Pop. I didn't get either channel anyway.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I mean I'm sure they were allowed to negotiate with Spike without dropping Fox.

WWE didn't drop Spike for months when they made the jump either time.
officially that's called collusion and it's illegal.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
officially that's called collusion and it's illegal.
So how did WWE do it the 10 times they've changed channels without losing TV time?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So how did WWE do it the 10 times they've changed channels without losing TV time?
How can they fudge numbers of attendance and quarterly earnings? Capitalism only works if you're not an idiot.. hence why tna fails

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
How can they fudge numbers of attendance and quarterly earnings? Capitalism only works if you're not an idiot.. hence why tna fails
So back to my original statement of LOLTNA.

I mean they transitioned from Destination America to Pop fine. Even if no one gets the channel.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So back to my original statement of LOLTNA.

I mean they transitioned from Destination America to Pop fine. Even if no one gets the channel.
Well if the show is cancelled, if it's independent from the channel meaning it's an ouside venture.. they do have the right to seek other channels to pit then on...happened to some series, but most don't since it's too expensive.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Old TNA. Great and terrible... Will look at this thread more detailed later on. A great one.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
So as soon as i break my laptop and have to put this on hold, now yall post. Smh

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Raven
TNA X-Division Champion: Christopher Daniels
NWA World Tag Team Championships: The Naturals

TNA Impact
August 5th, 2005
iMPACT ZONE!

Semi-Finals for the Ulitmate X Cup: Samoa Joe vs. Alex Shelley
Daniels is on commentary for this. This is super dope, i loved the opening minutes with the chain wrestling. Both guys do it so well you would think Alex would have the advantage because he's the "Global styles expert" but Joe is also a master of submissions and uses his weight to get out of holds. This is also one of the few times where the heel vs. heel works, Alex uses tactics not used on Joe since his TNA arrival, which is keep Joe grounded, wear him down so you don't get caught with strikes and high impact moves. Alex makes the mistake of pissing Joe off and allowing Joe to get to his feet so Joe kicks the shit out of him in the corner. But to Alex's credit, he takes the beating and changes his game to a more of a stick and move offense. But that only lasts for so long before Joe hits the muscle buster out of nowhere and chokes Alex out for the win. If this was given a few more minutes and had a false finish stretch this would have been so much better. ***

Sean Waltman/Jerry Lynn video package. UGH!

NWA Tag Team Championships: The Naturals (w/Jimmy Hart) vs. Team Canada
FUCK YEAH! Roode and EY are back together. Chase and Roode start it's okay, I still hate the Naturals as babyfaces but god damn EY bumps for them. A-1 interferes leading to a really good heat segment on Douglas, they don't really work anything it's just good solid cut off the ring. I do like how all 4 had a small bumpoff going because they were all flying around and selling. And that is one good thing the Naturals do, they can take a beating. I loved the two false tag spots the first was as Douglas was about to leap for the tag Roode drop toe holds him, and the second was the was just as Douglas was about to leap Roode again springs across the ring and nails Stevens off the apron. The match breaks down and Petey runs down for more distractions as Team Canada gets a two count. Douglas then nails EY with the megaphone and Douglas throws the megaphone at Roode and fake being hit. The ref turns around and DQ's the Canadians for no reason. SMH! After the match; AMW saves the Naturals from a beatdown. **3/4

Abyss (w/Father James Mitchell) vs. Apollo (w/Sonny Siaki)
Apollo puts up a decent enough fight before Abyss hits him with a black hole slam for the win. After the match, Hoyt comes and attacks Abyss from behind, WHAT A BABYFACE! He then challenges Abyss to a match at Sacrifice.

Simon Diamond & David Young vs. Sabu & Raven
Decent enough showcase for Raven and Sabu, they do get their shit in before Raven hits the Evanflow and Sabu hits the Arabian Facebreaker for the win. After the match, Rhyno and Jarrett run down and all 4 brawl to close the show. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Raven
TNA X-Division Champion: Christopher Daniels
NWA World Tag Team Championships: The Naturals

TNA Impact
August 12th, 2005
iMPACT ZONE!

Matt Bentley (w/Traci) vs. Shark Boy
This is fine, nothing really to write about. Both men kinda just do stuff before Matt hits SWEAT CHIN MUSIC SUPERKICK for the win. But at least Shark Boy bit Traci's ass during the match.

Backstage: Shane Douglas is with Shocker and DOUGLAS SAYS THE MOST Blue THING EVER SAID THIS WHOLE YEAR! He says Shocker was the odds-on favorite to win the Super X Cup. So JOE isn't a thing? Shocker then challenges Shelley to a rubber match at the PPV.

Semi-Finals for the Super X Cup: Petey Williams (w/A-1) vs. AJ Styles
Daniels is back on commentary for this, Man poor AJ and Sabin. Their backs must be crippled from carrying Petey for 7 months. Pretty standard AJ/Petey match, lots of athletism and spots but that really gets overshadowed by Daniels' awesomeness on commentary. His destain for AJ is great and the fact that he hates AJ so much and he has a point, that AJ being called MR TNA and MR. X Division is crazy when Daniels in a matter of days will be the longest reigning X champion of all time and when the last time AJ was X champion he had one "fluke" victory when he (Daniels) has had 6 or 7 wins. A-1 gets involved leading to a Petey segment where he does a bunch of shit all in the wrong place. AJ doesn't really sell much or sell at all because Petey doesn't work anything. The finish of the match happens when AJ counters a Sharpshooter try into an inside cradle to win. **1/4

STYLES/JOE ~ FINALS :homer:

Backstage: Hoyt is talking shit to Shane Douglas when Abyss attacks him from behind, Mitchell says they said it wasn't personal, but now he's made it that way, and on Sunday, Abyss will crush him like the cockroach that he is.

Monty Brown (w/Kip James) vs. "Primetime" Elix Skipper
Damn BLACK ON BLACK CRIME! smh. This goes about 2 minutes, and it's really good both men hit hard but Elix makes one mistake and Monty POUNCES THE SHIT OUT OF HIM FOR THE WIN.

Simon Diamond & David Young vs. America's Most Wanted
Pretty good AMW showcase for the most part. BUT FUCK THAT TEAM CANADA RUN DOWN AND EY TRIPS STORM UP AS HE GOES FOR A SUPERKICK AND HE STUMBLES INTO A YOUNG SPINEBUSTER FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN. HOLY SHIT! YOUNG GETS HIS 2ND WIN OF THE YEAR. After the match, The Naturals save AMW this time.

3LK (Truth & Konnan) vs. Mikey Batts and Jarelle Clark
Kru SQUASHING! BG comes out on the stage and celebrates like he won. After the match, Konnan says BG is late to this party it's KIP or the Kru. BG throws up the Kru sign. And they stare at one another.

Backstage: Shane Douglas is with AMW and the Naturals, they have a truce for one night to get rid of Team Canada in an 8 man at the PPV.

Rhino vs. Chris Sabin
Great showing by both, Sabin is such a great first opponent for guys coming in, he takes some great bumps before getting his shit in but it doesn't look forced or take away from someone who is clearly higher up on the card than him. Rhino isn't in 2000/20001 Rhino but it's the best he's looked since early 2003 and that Rhino was washed but he had talent which could carry him. he looks motivated and back to being the being the bigger man against normal X guys. He has some good power offense and also bumps around well. This got really good towards the end as Sabin hits a series of near falls but in the end, Rhino hits a GORE for the win. **3/4

After the match; Rhino sets up a table, but Raven comes out to fight him! Jarrett comes out to attack Raven, and Sabu makes the save. All 4 brawl again, Rhino powerbombs well he tries to powerbomb Raven onto Sabu through the table but the table doesn't break. So Rhino just powerbombs him again through the table as Raven just lays on the mat

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The Super X Cup should have been held more often. It was good TV material. Daniels was kinda underrated on the mic and a solid champion. This little stretch right here is when I really started paying attention to TNA so I'm interested in reliving this stuff. Raven as the World Champ had some potential, I don't think they ever really cashed in on his character, he's had some really good storylines and promos in his career and I wouldn't really consider him washed up at this point.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
that's because it'd still all about Jarrett, sadly the whole time Raven was champ you knew in the back of your head it was only a matter of time before Jeff wins it back and has another trash 600 day run.